Should the Club aim to have closer ties to Viitorul Constanța (Hagi's team) in the future?

ronadamus_prime

Just a boredom driven thought for a Friday afternoon. Clubs quite often link up and exchange players and ideas amongst themselves. Less of a commercial arrangement and more of a footballing one.

Linking up with Romanian football royalty like we have, especially with Hagi Snr owning and running his own team in the Romanian top flight. Just seems like a no-brainer to me. What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
They’ve got an excellent youth setup so I would say in theory, yes.

Don’t think it’s as simple as us having Hagi’s son would mean a partnership would take place, though.

To have an ex player wi the calibre of Hagi Snr bigging us up the way he has is something we should appreciate and I hope we do form a relationship, we're going to make young Ianis a star and I for one am choking to see him flourish."Ibrox,Baby" sealed it for me.

They’ve got an excellent youth setup so I would say in theory, yes.

Don’t think it’s as simple as us having Hagi’s son would mean a partnership would take place, though.

Aye of course it's never that simple. All young footballers have agents thesedays. Just an avenue I was wondering if we could utilise. Especially with how enamoured Hagi Snr and Jnr seem to be with our club at the moment.

Rivaldinho is available for circa £1m from them

Rivaldos son I remember looking him up and he says he struggles with the pressure of being compared to his dad and no wonder he is a decent player tho and to answer the OPs question we need to look at the Romaniant top league in General it's another market for cheap talented players similar to Croatia and Belgium

We should definitely be using this type of market, a lot of them largely untapped and full of talent.

Croatia isn't something we should give up on just because of Grezda
2 out of 3 from Croatia isn't a bad return Katic and Barisic have been more than worth the fees paid for them

They had a good winger I'm sure who's playing for New York now, his name might be Mitrita I'm not sure. Have a good Dutch left back also.

We should definitely be using this type of market, a lot of them largely untapped and full of talent.

Loads of talent in that part of the world. I watch a lot of Hungarian football. They produce a lot of technically gifted players. It's an area we should absolutely be looking to create networks in. Some bargains to be had.

Grezda had the talent but just didn't have the mentality or brains it would seem. That will happen. I agree, we shouldn't be put off by it.

They had a good winger I'm sure who's playing for New York now, his name might be Mitrita I'm not sure. Have a good Dutch left back also.
Mitrita was class but he played for Universitia Craiova I've keeping up to date with them when they signed Elvir Kolijc the Bosnian striker we were linked with a couple of years ago

Rivaldinho is available for circa £1m from them

I hate YouTube vids as they only show the best bits. However if this guy showed the vision, intelligence and shooting ability that's on this vid consistently, then £1m is a bargain.

Mitrita was class but he played for Universitia Craiova I've keeping up to date with them when they signed Elvir Kolijc the Bosnian striker we were linked with a couple of years ago
Right enough he was at Viitoruul as a youngster was getting mixed up there. Craiova have a few decent players too, like their left back.

Louis Munteanu is worth keeping an eye on. Had broke into the team already at 17. He had 3 in 9, striker.

Ionel Ganea's son plays for them as well. Should buy him just as a get it up you to 'the bravest man in football'.
Steven Gerrard's autobiography contains an episode about an incident between him and Ionel Ganea in a WolverhamptonLiverpool game played in January 2004: "He tore my leg from the knee to the ankle. Under the puttee, my leg was cut deep, a nasty wound". After finding out what Gerrard wrote about him in his autobiography Ganea told the press:"I inform Gerrard that when I write my autobiography, I will not mention him. I will not have room for little girls

Can't see that happening :D

Last edited:
Right enough he was at Viitoruul as a youngster was getting mixed up there. Craiova have a few decent players too, like their left back.
Bancu? Sure hes a Romanian international good pedigree I'd be keeping an eye on Kolijc again the boy can finish reminds me of Boyd with his finishing it's emphatic

Reactions: LD5
Steven Gerrard's autobiography contains an episode about an incident between him and Ionel Ganea in a WolverhamptonLiverpool game played in January 2004: "He tore my leg from the knee to the ankle. Under the puttee, my leg was cut deep, a nasty wound". After finding out what Gerrard wrote about him in his autobiography Ganea told the press:"I inform Gerrard that when I write my autobiography, I will not mention him. I will not have room for little

Can't see that happening :D

Ionel Ganea was a complete headcase and clearly still is. You love to see it :D

Boy looks a player in that short clip. Seems strong on the ball and can shoot from distance , we badly need someone who can so that.

Signed from the Croatian market.

If you're gonna be a smart arse at least think before you say something

Not being a smart arse, Borna and Katic are great signings so why would we even consider not to look in the Crotian market?

And that is despite the OP is actually discussing Romania.

So you went from Romania to an Albanian in Croatia.

:rolleyes:

It's you that needs to think before saying something.

I mean, sensible hat on for a moment.

Rivaldinho is 25. Only scored 23 career goals, and only made 107 career appearences and few at any credible level. Warning lights should be flashing.

But YouTube videos can't just make stuff up. The boy has clear pace, vision, creativity and pace. He seems the type of player to get you off your seat (which is what it's all about) and with a name and pedigree such as his, it would only take a couple of eye catching performances in Old firms or Europe for big clubs to come sniffing for Rivaldo's son and quadruple our money. Shirt sales would be big if he doesn't flop immediately.

You gotta wonder whats held this boy back, but he seems to have been flying this last year. And I would be lying if seeing this front 4:

Morelos
Kent Hagi Rivaldinho

Wouldn't give me the horn a bit lol. Plus as a Spanish national work permit isn't the usual issue

I suspect it'd be a good bit of fun for £1m if true. Feck it. Get it done! Anythings better than Barker!

Not being a smart arse, Borna and Katic are great signings so why would we even consider not to look in the Crotian market?

And that is despite the OP is actually discussing Romania.

So you went from Romania to an Albanian in Croatia.

:rolleyes:

It's you that needs to think before saying something.
I expressed agreement with the op and made a side point about the Croatian market being similar.

"Grezda's Albanian mate" was your response for some reason

Would definitely be in price range and looks good on YouTube.But as bears say any player can look good.For me worth checking out especially in that market area.Croatia and Bosnia etc but within our budget .

Rivaldos son I remember looking him up and he says he struggles with the pressure of being compared to his dad and no wonder he is a decent player tho and to answer the OPs question we need to look at the Romaniant top league in General it's another market for cheap talented players similar to Croatia and Belgium
I agree bring him
Home

Is this the team Hagi snr set up?

Listened to a podcast on Heart and Hand and a Romanian journalist said they have the best youth development in Romania right now.

It wouldn't be a bad thing to have a friend of the club like Hagi snr.

Not one for YouTube vids but Rivaldinho looks really exciting in that and looks comfortable across the front 3 for a million or under we couldn’t loose with shirt sales and media interest alone.

Rivaldinho is 25.

He got 5 in 30 for Dinamo Bucharest, 1 in 12 for Levski Sofia, and has 9 in 29 for Constanta.

Just for reference!

Back