Should there be my gers points for buying merchandise

I’ve spent about 500 quid on Castore stuff and whilst this would benefit me probably it absolutely should not be like that.

Thinking of the amount of my hard earned money I spend on merchandise at the club ,like many others fans do,
personally I have x2 kids and they get every strip going ,I also purchase a top aswell as other merchandise.
Should we be getting my gers points for supporting the club in buying merchandise?
With the price that is charged for shirts etc i would say ''Yes'' as the club ultimately benefits and does no harm giving something back to MyGers members.

No. Plus, we don't have merchandise as such. we have a glorified clothes shop. It's a shambles.

I’m a pretty hard no on this, but I would say for people who don’t get to games much if at all it would maybe make sense for things like merch purchases to be rewarded in some way - but for as long as we are conflating a members scheme with a ticket scheme, absolutely no chance should MyGers points be awarded for merchandise, it’s hard enough getting away tickets at the moment for people who go every week without people who have the means chucking thousands of pounds on Rangers dog bowls :D

Bills have shot up, people are struggling, fans probably have to give up a lot to afford to watch Rangers and buying kits etc is a no go, so they shouldn't be penalised for this.

100% no, would have everyone and their granny that didnt have season tickets buying any Rangers merch through those that did and the balance of points would just be ridiculous

Whilst I don`t think that MyGer£ points should be given for anything other than following the team. I don`t think it`s the worst idea.
The money that some people spend on merch from the club shop could be significantly more than say a programme subscription that you do get points for

Loyalty is buying merchandise to support club is it not ?
Where do you draw the line?

Rising stars? Lotto? Bricks? Argyle house restaurant? Hospitality? Buying food/drink in the stadium?

Do you propose you get points per X amount of £ spent? If so, why not just sell points?

Loyalty is buying merchandise to support club is it not ?
Well you can have your own scheme where you get a loyalty discount if you purchase a certain amount. You shouldn't be getting near tickets because you buy stuff.

Probably a worse idea than signing Jack Simpson.

So is having people pay the same amount in membership fees for significantly less benefits/opportunities
Less benefits/opportunities because the people ahead of them have earned more points over a rolling 5 year period

Next update you’ll have people on over 2000 points, the difference between the very top of gold to lower gold is literally 5 figures £ wise

Investing money into the club is loyalty. A big part of your life being £20 on a bus, £30 to another club and £50 on MD and Cooncil doesn't benefit Rangers as much as money in the bank.
Incidentally, buying shares didn’t get you any mygers points.

The moment they give points for merchandise, they should just allow people to buy points.

Time it right with Christmas/valentines and they’ll make a fortune;

“Show your loved ones how much they mean to you by purchasing mygers points for their special day; for only £18.72 you can buy 2 mygers points; for £500 you can gift them 72 mygers points”

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't mind having a discount system - say a 10 pound voucher for every £200 you spend or something like that - but absolutely no way should people get rewarded for MyGers points.

They know merchandise doesn’t need to be involved in the MYGers add ons, as it always flies off the shelf, only sales the majority wouldn’t buy before MYGers have points attached

Back