Should there be my gers points for buying merchandise

Whilst I don`t think that MyGer£ points should be given for anything other than following the team. I don`t think it`s the worst idea.
The money that some people spend on merch from the club shop could be significantly more than say a programme subscription that you do get points for
You hit the nail on the head , merchandise sells in its droves ,no points , let’s see if we can get people to pay programmes upfront instead of game by game , points added

Mate I don’t have loads of money ,but my kids want the latest strips when they come out ,so that point does not apply to everyone, loyalty does not mean rich.
Where do you draw the line? Should it be your kids who get the point since you’re buying for them?

If they want to turn following Rangers into a game of who has got the most money just price season tickets at £1k and upwards.

Far better than this stupid game of collecting points for shite you don't want or need.
I’ve jokingly said it before but if that’s the clubs aim, give fans the option of platinum, gold, silver and bronze pricing for their seats and just go the full hog

Allow fans to pay an enhanced price for their ST seat to earn more mygers points. Presently Bf is £510 roughly, make that standard Bronze price, extra £150 for silver, extra £300 for gold and then extra £490 platinum

In no way is that a serious suggestion above but if that’s the clubs aim, why don’t they just rip the utter pish with it. Honestly seems like every day people try and think up new ways they can charge us money. Really don’t know what the end game is with mygers because it’s beyond the ridiculous stage now

I’ve got a good one, why don’t they charge us to use the toilets and sit on our seats. That’ll make them money, maybe get some mygers points too

Can of worms that in my opinion, I’m 41 , the days of going about with the goalie top on with sh#%#%r on the back are gone, can’t be missing out on my customary Livi and St J tickets coz I’m too old to be wearing football strips

I’ve jokingly said it before but if that’s the clubs aim, give fans the option of platinum, gold, silver and bronze pricing for their seats and just go the full hog

Allow fans to pay an enhanced price for their ST seat to earn more mygers points. Presently Bf is £510 roughly, make that standard Bronze price, extra £150 for silver, extra £300 for gold and then extra £490 platinum

In no way is that a serious suggestion above but if that’s the clubs aim, why don’t they just rip the utter pish with it. Honestly seems like every day people try and think up new ways they can charge us money. Really don’t know what the end game is with mygers because it’s beyond the ridiculous stage now

I’ve got a good one, why don’t they charge us to use the toilets and sit on our seats. That’ll make them money, maybe get some mygers points too
There’s platinum the now mate and they don’t need to pay anything :D

Incidentally, does anyone know how many B team and Woman’s STs were sold?

@Greg Marshall any idea?
I note the price structure of B team and woman’s STs - at present I will not buy to access the points available
But when I reach “Concession age” the points available and the price I can get them for would be very tempting

I note the price structure of B team and woman’s STs - at present I will not buy to access the points available
But when I reach “Concession age” the points available and the price I can get them for would be very tempting
The B team one was a bargain in context, £85 for 20 points. But just interested to know how many were sold as I can’t see it on the website anymore

I don't think you should get MyGers points for buying merchandise, in saying that, I don't think you should get MyGers points for add ons like EH, RTV , programmes, etc. I'm of the opinion MyGers points should be gained by ticket purchase/match attendance.
I do however think MyGers members should be offered discount when buying merchandise, this would be a simple benefit offered to those who join the membership scheme.

Thinking of the amount of my hard earned money I spend on merchandise at the club ,like many others fans do,
personally I have x2 kids and they get every strip going ,I also purchase a top aswell as other merchandise.
Should we be getting my gers points for supporting the club in buying merchandise?
Absolutely not, would effectively make the scheme means tested, which is what it’s heading towards practically anyway

I’m all for extra revenue for the club but this Mygers carry on is morphing into a complete sham.

Loyalty Points for attending matches, nothing else

Incidentally, buying shares didn’t get you any mygers points.

The moment they give points for merchandise, they should just allow people to buy points.

Time it right with Christmas/valentines and they’ll make a fortune;

“Show your loved ones how much they mean to you by purchasing mygers points for their special day; for only £18.72 you can buy 2 mygers points; for £500 you can gift them 72 mygers points”
Do you want 50 points for wearing a balaclava and letting off a smoke bomb?

Absolutely not, would effectively make the scheme means tested, which is what it’s heading towards practically anyway

I’m all for extra revenue for the club but this Mygers carry on is morphing into a complete sham.

Loyalty Points for attending matches, nothing else
That would be good a non season ticket holding Mygers member who attends the game gets nada.
Boils my piss, its as if the door has been shut to encourage other means of expenditure.

That would be good a non season ticket holding Mygers member who attends the game gets nada.
Boils my piss, its as if the door has been shut to encourage other means of expenditure.
So you’d be happy accruing the points to get you a ST, on the understanding they’d be lost once you’re successful in getting a ST?

Thinking of the amount of my hard earned money I spend on merchandise at the club ,like many others fans do,
personally I have x2 kids and they get every strip going ,I also purchase a top aswell as other merchandise.
Should we be getting my gers points for supporting the club in buying merchandise?
no

No, I don't think there should. The more pertinent question might be 'should MyGers Members get a discount on merchandise'. That I would agree with (and I'm not a MyGers Member). Back in the days of the old Premier Club we got a 10% discount on Club merchandise. That would be nice again but I think in this day and age a 5% discount would probably suffice. Not points though.

The discount could pay for itself by reducing the number of sales we have on merchandise.

Last edited:
100% no.

I appreciate this hasn't happened, but such ideas cheapen the idea of support of anything.

buy a top because you want to buy a top

" i bought a top and got nuhin"

you got a f*cking top

go see a women's game because you want to see a women's game

So you’d be happy accruing the points to get you a ST, on the understanding they’d be lost once you’re successful in getting a ST?
There is no chance of me getting a season ticket mate its a moot point.
I can attend every home domestic league game and still be 2/3 bronze after 5 yrs.
With that and RTV I have absolutely no inclination to buy other point accumulating items.

I’m not understanding what you mean? Attending any games by anyone should get the person points.

He’s a better idea…..get mygers to f@ck completely and operate loyalty systems like they do down south. The horse has already bolted though, it’s a bag of sh*T what we have

I’m not understanding what you mean? Attending any games by anyone should get the person points.

He’s a better idea…..get mygers to f@ck completely and operate loyalty systems like they do down south. The horse has already bolted though, it’s a bag of sh*T what we have
I anticipated this reply from someone mate.

Email from Mygers with regard to my enquiry about this.

Good Morning AAAA.

MyGers points are awarded for purchase not for attendance.

Season Ticket holders get points for attending which might be where this has been picked up from.

It's not a loyalty scheme for all.Edit (my addition)

Last edited:
100% no.

I appreciate this hasn't happened, but such ideas cheapen the idea of support of anything.

buy a top because you want to buy a top

" i bought a top and got nuhin"

you got a f*cking top

go see a women's game because you want to see a women's game
Buy RTV/EH package/match programme/B team St/Womens team ST all because you want to.
But other things (like merch) you get nothing for despite the possibilty (probability in some cases) that you will spend more than any of the points rewarded purchases.

My opinion is that it should be first team ticket purchases/match attendance only or everything that you buy that gets recognised as loyalty

Buy RTV/EH package/match programme/B team St/Womens team ST all because you want to.
But other things (like merch) you get nothing for despite the possibilty (probability in some cases) that you will spend more than any of the points rewarded purchases.

My opinion is that it should be first team ticket purchases/match attendance only or everything that you buy that gets recognised as loyalty

It should be tickets only, the rest is a load of f*cking nonsense.

merch would be a total sh*t show.

I think Rangers should have a loyalty discount to season ticket holders rather than mygers, or STs get double points?
As a non ST I full appreciate the loyalty that our ST holders have shown, and feel they all deserve the recognition of the club. As times are getting tougher, it would be nice of the club to discount the merch for them, say 10% off any purchases over £20.

No its meant to be a loyalty scheme not who can spend the most money
It boils down to the same thing really. They can sugar coat it anyway they like, but you can’t get a single loyalty point without spending money.

Ed House, Champions Wall, RTV, stadium tours and programmes are all club products that accumulate points. There’s no different IMO between buying a home kit and a programme subscription.

It boils down to the same thing really. They can sugar coat it anyway they like, but you can’t get a single loyalty point without spending money.

Ed House, Champions Wall, RTV, stadium tours and programmes are all club products that accumulate points. There’s no different IMO between buying a home kit and a programme subscription.
Fans will buy kits without an incentive, would fans have paid £150 for EH/£45 for Champions wall/£105 for programmes/£7 for a watch along/£85 for a B team ST if there wasn’t an incentive? Probably not

I anticipated this reply from someone mate.

Email from Mygers with regard to my enquiry about this.

Good Morning AAAA.

MyGers points are awarded for purchase not for attendance.

Season Ticket holders get points for attending which might be where this has been picked up from.

It's not a loyalty scheme for all.
Agreed, it’s not. In practice it’s not a loyalty scheme at all

You’d be turning it into a scheme for the well off amongst us who’d be buying all sorts of crap.

Says me who paid £15 for 2 bars of fucking dairy milk that were dressed in a Rangers sleeve.

Last edited:

Is a bit TBF, most likely one of those things per house hold.

Kits,

fan x - single man, no interest in buying merch

fan(n) y (lol) - married, 4 kids, buys 7 or 8 kits a year

It would be massively advantageous to some fans but not others.

you then get into DH gate etc and so on, it is just a whole world of sh*t

Mygers, as far as I was led to understand it at the outset, was a loyalty scheme which was meant to assist in ticket allocation and designed to ensure that those who attended most frequently were given priority which seems fair to me.

Although I previously went everywhere to follow the club now, for a variety of reasons, I very seldom attend away matches and, as such, I will never be a gold member which I am fine with - people who go more frequently than me being higher up the pecking order when it comes to allocating away tickets and finals/semi finals is the way it should be.

People who seldom go being higher up the pecking order for those tickets simply because they spend a sh1tload on merchandise seems wrong - those that go most frequently deserve to be at the head of the queue for tickets.

Merchandise bought, in my opinion, should not be a factor.

The club shop, however, could have a separate free membership scheme/loyalty card (as most stores have) where purchases made earn points that ultimately entitle the member to discounts on future purchases.

As it's a loyalty scheme I wouldn't be against a small amount of points for buying (and being capped at) 1 of each of the kits every season. I don't think you should be able to buy loads of training wear etc. and get points for all of that mind you.

RTV subscription, stadium tour, Wall of Champions etc. - it's not only about going to games. Whether you like that or not

No mygers points, should only be issued to those attending matchday games, and probably programmes, not who has the biggest wallet .

Mygers, as far as I was led to understand it at the outset, was a loyalty scheme which was meant to assist in ticket allocation and designed to ensure that those who attended most frequently were given priority which seems fair to me.

Although I previously went everywhere to follow the club now, for a variety of reasons, I very seldom attend away matches and, as such, I will never be a gold member which I am fine with - people who go more frequently than me being higher up the pecking order when it comes to allocating away tickets and finals/semi finals is the way it should be.

People who seldom go being higher up the pecking order for those tickets simply because they spend a sh1tload on merchandise seems wrong - those that go most frequently deserve to be at the head of the queue for tickets.

Merchandise bought, in my opinion, should not be a factor.

The club shop, however, could have a separate free membership scheme/loyalty card (as most stores have) where purchases made earn points that ultimately entitle the member to discounts on future purchases.
Are we pretending that being able to follow home and away isn't also about how much money you have to spend on Rangers?

Back