Should there be my gers points for buying merchandise

Where do you draw the line?

Rising stars? Lotto? Bricks? Argyle house restaurant? Hospitality? Buying food/drink in the stadium?

Do you propose you get points per X amount of £ spent? If so, why not just sell points?
You'll soon be able to scan your MyGers card for merchandise and food/drink in Ibrox I can also see MyGers points on sale for say £10 for 5 :))

Yes.

All transactions between the club and the fans should award mygers points.

So people dont rip the arse out of it they could do 15 mygers points per top with a maximum of 45 points obtained per season.

Are we pretending that being able to follow home and away isn't also about how much money you have to spend on Rangers?
Not pretending any such thing :)) - following the team home and away, however, takes more than just money. You are not simply handing over cash you are investing time and effort, sometimes an awful lot of time and effort, to follow the team and to ensure that on match day they have the support that they deserve and on some occasions need.

That being the case those fans, in my opinion, are more deserving of being at the head of the queue for tickets than someone who seldom goes but spends money on merchandise often with minimal time or effort.

To me the more frequently you attend the more deserving you are of a ticket when availability is limited.

Nothing wrong with the club introducing redeemable points for purchases at Castore shop, restaurant etc, similar to nectar.

That way those that do spend a lot on the clothing range get something back for their “loyalty”. It also encourages supporters to buy new shirts directly from the club.

Why don't Rangers use MyGers as a way to offer relevant discounts for fans?

It should be treated similarly to a Tesco Clubcard - no points awarded for purchases but discounts available for buying a match programme, a meal at half time, RTV, women's season ticket, etc. There should be a members and non-members fee for certain purchases.

A lot of Rangers fans just go to games at Ibrox and aren't interested in away games - punting MyGers to these guys is a hard sell, so why not incentivise it further by offering them money off things that happen around football?

Offering unlimited points for unlimited merchandise sales would be deeply unfair. Why about all the old boys that don't buy shirts?

Is a bit TBF, most likely one of those things per house hold.

Kits,

fan x - single man, no interest in buying merch

fan(n) y (lol) - married, 4 kids, buys 7 or 8 kits a year

It would be massively advantageous to some fans but not others.

you then get into DH gate etc and so on, it is just a whole world of sh*t
Buying Merch is literally supporting the club financially. If someone has no interest in buying it that’s fine, but that’s like saying if someone has no interest in going to games and likes watching it on the tele instead. Or doesn’t have interest in going stadium tours or doesn’t have an interest in buying programmes - you get points for those?

Fan Y with 4 kids - Make it dead simple, you can only get one of each strip added to each mygers account. That means the Dad can only get 1 set of points for the home kit; and the kids would need to have their own mygers accounts to get the points. Turn up to the shop, grab 4 kits and hand over 4 mygers cards to get the points, simple.

If you’re talking about building loyalty for the future too, a wee kid seeing their rangers top getting them 5 loyalty points on their junior mygers is going to get them buzzing to get more. That means when the 14 year old becomes an 18 year old and can afford their first season ticket, they’ve at least accumulated some points. Big picture.

DH gate doesn’t put any money into the club, so I don’t see why that’s even relevant. Of course rangers aren’t going to give loyalty points for you buying rip off gear.

No chance.

Points should be earned through going to games or buying RTV.

I don't mind the odd purchase such as the EH package but getting points for buying kits is a but ridiculous.

Buying Merch is literally supporting the club financially. If someone has no interest in buying it that’s fine, but that’s like saying if someone has no interest in going to games and likes watching it on the tele instead. Or doesn’t have interest in going stadium tours or doesn’t have an interest in buying programmes - you get points for those?

Fan Y with 4 kids - Make it dead simple, you can only get one of each strip added to each mygers account. That means the Dad can only get 1 set of points for the home kit; and the kids would need to have their own mygers accounts to get the points. Turn up to the shop, grab 4 kits and hand over 4 mygers cards to get the points, simple.

If you’re talking about building loyalty for the future too, a wee kid seeing their rangers top getting them 5 loyalty points on their junior mygers is going to get them buzzing to get more. That means when the 14 year old becomes an 18 year old and can afford their first season ticket, they’ve at least accumulated some points. Big picture.

DH gate doesn’t put any money into the club, so I don’t see why that’s even relevant. Of course rangers aren’t going to give loyalty points for you buying rip off gear.

DH Gate are our unofficial retro retailer IMO - big picture, fans wearing DH Gate merch are showing our brand engaging young kids with cool, retro looking tops and making them show an interest in the club, if things really want to be "big picture"

If people want to support the club financially they can just... you know..... support the club financially.....

If points are awarded for every single item purchased from Rangers, by the time the 14 year old is 18, they will have utterly f*ck all chance of buying an ST, and most likely the situation will just be pretty much comparable to what it is now before points OR..... someone who has bought strips has "out loyaltyed" someone who has been going to games, which would be a bit mental.

Last edited:
No its meant to be a loyalty scheme not who can spend the most money
Your sentence could mean both.
a lot of folk are mygers obsessed and buy everything going to get points and think it’s also loyalty.
buying strips, imo is no different than buying a brick in the wall.
anything that means cash to the club should be treated equally.
im a low mygers, don’t buy extras only St, and match tickets . I don’t have any personal argument.

Not pretending anything - following the team home and away takes more than just money. You are not simply handing over cash you are investing time and effort, sometimes an awful lot of time and effort, to follow the team and to ensure that on match day they have the support that they deserve and on some occasions need.

That being the case those fans, in my opinion, are more deserving of being at the head of the queue for tickets than someone who seldom goes but spends money on merchandise often with minimal time or effort.

To me the more frequently you attend the more deserving you are of a ticket when availability is limited.
I don't see it that way. I can't be arsed traipsing all over Scotland but I still want Rangers to win and succeed as those who do. If I'm investing actual money into the club then that helps that more.

Likewise I could be based abroad and struggled to get to any games but still have my season ticket, Seatsub it every week and ensure Rangers maximise their income.

Are we pretending that being able to follow home and away isn't also about how much money you have to spend on Rangers?

Sure, going to games costs money. It also is a sacrifice of peoples times, and social life, the level of "loyalty" and investment to attend a game is a f*ck load different from banging on your laptop and buying a top.

And while, the idea in the OP is, in reality BS, but in a world where it is true....

Going to games costs can actually cost a f*ck load of money, the notion from the club fans should buy tickets AND travel AND then more on top of it is a complete f*cking nonsense and in reality tone-deaf in the current financial climate even before considering retail ever being included.

Absolutely not, would effectively make the scheme means tested, which is what it’s heading towards practically anyway

I’m all for extra revenue for the club but this Mygers carry on is morphing into a complete sham.

Loyalty Points for attending matches, nothing else
It was means tested the day it was introduced.
it was meant to sell products

DH Gate are our unofficial retro retailer IMO - big picture, fans wearing DH Gate merch are showing our brand engaging young kids with cool, retro looking tops and making them show an interest in the club, if things really want to be "big picture"

If people want to support the club financially they can just... you know..... support the club financially.....

If points are awarded for every single item purchased from Rangers, by the time the 14 year old is 18, they will have utterly f*ck all chance of buying an ST, and most likely the situation will just be pretty much comparable to what it is now before points OR..... someone who has bought strips has "out loyaltyed" someone who has been going to games, which would be a bit mental.
‘DH gate are our unofficial partner’- whose unofficial partner, the club or the fans? You’re either official or not!

Are you suggesting spending hundreds of pounds a year on merch isn’t supporting the club financially?

They already award nominal points for the other club purchases like tours and champions walls, so why not Merch?

If you buy enough crap at the minute you can still ‘outloyalty’ someone who goes to games currently, so it already is a bit mental.

‘DH gate are our unofficial partner’- whose unofficial partner, the club or the fans? You’re either official or not!

Are you suggesting spending hundreds of pounds a year on merch isn’t supporting the club financially?

They already award nominal points for the other club purchases like tours and champions walls, so why not Merch?

If you buy enough crap at the minute you can still ‘outloyalty’ someone who goes to games currently, so it already is a bit mental.

Sure f*ck it, DH gate big picture, spread the word, spread the brand etc, far smarter way to do it than most of the sh*te the club sell in all honesty.

Yes, spending money on strips supports the club financially I actually did say that..., if people want to do that, they can just do that, there doesn't have to be a "reward" for it, the reward is the strip and the warm fuzzy feeling of supporting the club financially.

Why not merch? In reality because they club know it would utterly break most and people would call it out for taking the absolute c*nt

You would be doing hell of a well to out loyalty someone going to games to the extent you would be getting an ST

DH gate being used for retros is still a cost to rangers through brand protection

There’s people making an absolute killing selling the retro remakes and the club makes £0 from it. How’s that a good thing for rangers?

Sure, going to games costs money. It also is a sacrifice of peoples times, and social life, the level of "loyalty" and investment to attend a game is a f*ck load different from banging on your laptop and buying a top.

And while, the idea in the OP is, in reality BS, but in a world where it is true....

Going to games costs can actually cost a f*ck load of money, the notion from the club fans should buy tickets AND travel AND then more on top of it is a complete f*cking nonsense and in reality tone-deaf in the current financial climate even before considering retail ever being included.
This is where I disagree. Nobody is forcing you to go and by going it is your social life. I invest £27 a month at least on away games and just as much emotional involvement. Most of the money you spend on away games is also on the experience of going and the sociability of that.

I’ve spent about 500 quid on Castore stuff and whilst this would benefit me probably it absolutely should not be like that.
Agreed, I gave up MyGers but it doesn’t work for me and the chances I have to get to games. Otherwise, for merch points I’d have have kept it.

That’s not what it was for.

This is where I disagree. Nobody is forcing you to go and by going it is your social life. I invest £27 a month at least on away games and just as much emotional involvement.

I didn't say anyone forces people to go?

but the reality is that people do make the choice to attend over doing other things.... plenty occasions at Ibrox in particular during the winter when there are empty seats during midweek games to show others are making a different choice, before even considering those who simply don't go to games at all during the course of a season, for whatever reason

People do sacrifice elements of their personal, family and social life when they commit to following a football team, that is reality, it is why a f*ck load of people can't do it in all honesty.

Going to games is a f*ck lot more effort than simply buying a kit. the two things are a complete world apart.

I don't see it that way. I can't be arsed traipsing all over Scotland but I still want Rangers to win and succeed as those who do. If I'm investing actual money into the club then that helps that more.

Likewise I could be based abroad and struggled to get to any games but still have my season ticket, Seatsub it every week and ensure Rangers maximise their income.
You are 100% correct that financially you are supporting the club to be the best it can be. This, however, is not about that support but, rather, about a points system for match tickets and, as such, it seems logical to me that those who attend most frequently get priority.

Lots of venues have loyalty schemes which reward regulars with priority for high profile events.

Those who don't attend, or seldom attend, but spend a lot on merchandise can, as I suggested in my original post, have a separate scheme which entitles them to discount off future purchases.

That way those who attend regularly are rewarded with priority tickets and those that spend on merchandise are rewarded with discounts.

DH gate being used for retros is still a cost to rangers through brand protection

There’s people making an absolute killing selling the retro remakes and the club makes £0 from it. How’s that a good thing for rangers?

It's not in all honesty, I was being a flippant c*nt but it is about the level I feel this debate deserves

But if you haven't got many already, then how else are you going to get them?
Join MyGers and buy matchday tickets.

The whole idea that 'loyalty' can be buying shite merchandise amongst other things is completely flawed. Loyalty is going to support the team, nothing else.

The whole scheme is a riot, tbh.

Sure f*ck it, DH gate big picture, spread the word, spread the brand etc, far smarter way to do it than most of the sh*te the club sell in all honesty.

Yes, spending money on strips supports the club financially I actually did say that..., if people want to do that, they can just do that, there doesn't have to be a "reward" for it, the reward is the strip and the warm fuzzy feeling of supporting the club financially.

Why not merch? In reality because they club know it would utterly break most and people would call it out for taking the absolute c*nt

You would be doing hell of a well to out loyalty someone going to games to the extent you would be getting an ST
Yeah I’m sure Apple, Gucci and Manchester United take the same approach to counterfeit goods and copyright infringement as ‘fu*k it’, let’s spread the word.

I’ve jokingly said it before but if that’s the clubs aim, give fans the option of platinum, gold, silver and bronze pricing for their seats and just go the full hog

Allow fans to pay an enhanced price for their ST seat to earn more mygers points. Presently Bf is £510 roughly, make that standard Bronze price, extra £150 for silver, extra £300 for gold and then extra £490 platinum

In no way is that a serious suggestion above but if that’s the clubs aim, why don’t they just rip the utter pish with it. Honestly seems like every day people try and think up new ways they can charge us money. Really don’t know what the end game is with mygers because it’s beyond the ridiculous stage now

I’ve got a good one, why don’t they charge us to use the toilets and sit on our seats. That’ll make them money, maybe get some mygers points too

Appreciate you are joking but Michael O’Leary (Ryanair boss) did seriously consider charging for the toilets on the plane. He now claims it was a joke but only because of the backlash he faced

Appreciate you are joking but Michael O’Leary (Ryanair boss) did seriously consider charging for the toilets on the plane. He now claims it was a joke but only because of the backlash he faced
Must admit, it was based on Ryanair. But no, my post is meant in jest but honestly, where’s the line?

So to round it all up guys, Rangers as a club know we will spend money regardless on strips and will not reward.
Listen It wasn’t about how many games you go to or where you have been to support, it was a question based on points, surely if you give points for match programmes, rangers tv , edmiston house, rangers b team season ticket “only for the points for most, rather than actually going to games” then surely the merchandise should be included that was my thinking.

Must admit, it was based on Ryanair. But no, my post is meant in jest but honestly, where’s the line?
[/QUOTE

Did actually think on Saturday as I walked past the queues at the east enclosure, the club could introduce an “express turnstile “ and charge a fee for priority access

You are 100% correct that financially you are supporting the club to be the best it can be. This, however, is not about that support but, rather, about a points system for match tickets and, as such, it seems logical to me that those who attend most frequently get priority.

Lots of venues have loyalty schemes which reward regulars with priority for high profile events.

Those who don't attend, or seldom attend, but spend a lot on merchandise can, as I suggested in my original post, have a separate scheme which entitles them to discount off future purchases.

That way those who attend regularly are rewarded with priority tickets and those that spend on merchandise are rewarded with discounts.
Do any of them reward you for going somewhere else entirely?

I didn't say anyone forces people to go?

but the reality is that people do make the choice to attend over doing other things.... plenty occasions at Ibrox in particular during the winter when there are empty seats during midweek games to show others are making a different choice, before even considering those who simply don't go to games at all during the course of a season, for whatever reason

People do sacrifice elements of their personal, family and social life when they commit to following a football team, that is reality, it is why a f*ck load of people can't do it in all honesty.

Going to games is a f*ck lot more effort than simply buying a kit. the two things are a complete world apart.
They are but they are both ultimately personal choices, one of which is much easier to quantify in benefiting the football club. If I spend £1,000 this year all in (which is likely via home tickets, merchandise and RTV) it's still showing a lot of loyalty and financial interest in my part. Trying to say it is less than those who go to away games isn't right to me either.

They are but they are both ultimately personal choices, one of which is much easier to quantify in benefiting the football club. If I spend £1,000 this year all in (which is likely via home tickets, merchandise and RTV) it's still showing a lot of loyalty and financial interest in my part. Trying to say it is less than those who go to away games isn't right to me either.

They are personal choice, one of which requires a f*ck lot more investment than the other.

buying a top or merch is a lot less loyalty and support than going to a game, it isn't even close TBH.

This is a good point. I know someone who this affects and it makes a bit of sense.
Trying to get single tickets is hard enough and I if I remember the tiers are reset after 3 years so very difficult to get any meaningful points amassed if waiting for a ST

Do any of them reward you for going somewhere else entirely?
Sure that some do as part of a group or collective. Whether they do or not doesn't change the debate in respect of whether or not anything other than match attendance should count in terms of gaining priority for future match tickets.

In my opinion it's "no". You want priority ticketing for matches then you attend matches. This, in fact, has on several occasions gone against me over the years but I believe it to be the fairest system.

You see it differently which is fine - we can't all agree :D

You cant have a scheme that people with the most money have the most points thats very unfair
You could use that logic to say you shouldn't get points for European away games as they are outwith many fans budgets. In fact even a season ticket is pretty expensive. Really by saying it shouldn't conflate with how much money you have you are arguing against MyGers existing at all

Where do you draw the line?

Rising stars? Lotto? Bricks? Argyle house restaurant? Hospitality? Buying food/drink in the stadium?

Do you propose you get points per X amount of £ spent? If so, why not just sell points?
MyGers is about maximising revenue. All of those seem like decent ways to help the club, and if so they should be factored in. The only people who seem against these things are those who feel away games make them uber fans despite 90% of the money spent on that going to the other team, the off licence or the Albanians.
They are personal choice, one of which requires a f*ck lot more investment than the other.

buying a top or merch is a lot less loyalty and support than going to a game, it isn't even close TBH.
Loyalty is quite an intangible thing here. As above, it's a day out for a lot of guys and something you enjoy doing. It's not as if you're forced to do it, it's something you happen to be able to afford and enjoy.

MyGers is about maximising revenue. All of those seem like decent ways to help the club, and if so they should be factored in. The only people who seem against these things are those who feel away games make them uber fans despite 90% of the money spent on that going to the other team, the off licence or the Albanians.

Loyalty is quite an intangible thing here. As above, it's a day out for a lot of guys and something you enjoy doing. It's not as if you're forced to do it, it's something you happen to be able to afford and enjoy.
Bit of a sweeping generalisation to say the least

Sure that some do as part of a group or collective. Whether they do or not doesn't change the debate in respect of whether or not anything other than match attendance should count in terms of gaining priority for future match tickets.

In my opinion it's "no". You want priority ticketing for matches then you attend matches. This, in fact, has on several occasions gone against me over the years but I believe it to be the fairest system.

You see it differently which is fine - we can't all agree :D
I'm pretty ignorant here going into it but let's say 90% of our revenue comes from home games, season tickets and merchandise. You want the 10% that comes from intangible things like they need us to support them to supercede that. I get your emotional argument but whether my 90% is right or miles off the mark, it's where I'm coming from.

"I can't be arsed traipsing all over Scotland but I still want Rangers to win and succeed as those who do"

load of folk can, and the effort of doing it is often to the choice of saying no to other things, often things that will cost a lot less money.

someone making a choice to actually attend is patently a f*ck load more loyal than the person who.... doesn't.

again, no one has said it is "forced" but a lot of folk have the want to do it more than those who "can't be arsed"

Last edited:
Back