Should there be my gers points for buying merchandise

Bit of a sweeping generalisation to say the least
I suppose I missed the smoke bombs and balaclavas out. But seriously, I appreciate the idea that being loyal means going to every game. The problem is the club doesn't run or improve on sentiment, it runs on money in. If you go to an away game what percentage of the ticket comes back to Rangers? What percentage of the bus hire, the carry out, the petrol, the train fare, the pie at the game, the flights or the brasses in Amsterdam goes back to Rangers? The idea of MyGers is to make money, the best way to make money is to reward those giving it to Rangers over others.

"I can't be arsed traipsing all over Scotland but I still want Rangers to win and succeed as those who do"

load of folk can, and the effort of doing it is often to the choice of saying no to other things, often things that will cost a lot less money.

someone making a choice to actually attend is patently a f*ck load more loyal than the person who.... doesn't.

again, no one has said it is "forced" but a lot of folk have the want to do it more than those who "can't be arsed"
Which is all well and good but when it comes to Rangers wanting a new player in, can they point to your loyalty to pay for it?

I suppose I missed the smoke bombs and balaclavas out. But seriously, I appreciate the idea that being loyal means going to every game. The problem is the club doesn't run or improve on sentiment, it runs on money in. If you go to an away game what percentage of the ticket comes back to Rangers? What percentage of the bus hire, the carry out, the petrol, the train fare, the pie at the game, the flights or the brasses in Amsterdam goes back to Rangers? The idea of MyGers is to make money, the best way to make money is to reward those giving it to Rangers over others.
Ok, devils advocate time here

How often do rangers use pictures of our away fans for marketing purposes? How often have they used lyrics from songs UB have created for marketing? Have they used pictures of pyro in marketing? Have they used fan chant slogans for merchandise purposes?

It really depends how deep you wish to delve in all honesty

Which is all well and good but when it comes to Rangers wanting a new player in, can they point to your loyalty to pay for it?

Clearly, because the people who are attending away games have, generally, got themselves in a place to do so by spending a f*ck load more money on Rangers than those who... bought a top..

The cost of an away game, travel, beer, smoke bombs, carry out comes AFTER a f*ck load of money has already been spent to help buy new players

Ok, devils advocate time here

How often do rangers use pictures of our away fans for marketing purposes? How often have they used lyrics from songs UB have created for marketing? Have they used pictures of pyro in marketing? Have they used fan chant slogans for merchandise purposes?

It really depends how deep you wish to delve in all honesty
Again it's much harder to put a £ figure on that versus the programme someone paid £8 on for a PDF to be forwarded on to them.

Again it's much harder to put a £ figure on that versus the programme someone paid £8 on for a PDF to be forwarded on to them.
Yep, I understand that but it’s the notion rangers don’t financially benefit from away fans that i disagree with

Leipzig away our fans were at it for 90min, genuinely one of the best away ends I’ve ever been in. Will obviously never know but I don’t think we come away with a narrow defeat without huge away following there

Again, it’s hard to quantify but the players have alluded to the fact that away fans give them a boost. Livingston this season is a prime example

I'm pretty ignorant here going into it but let's say 90% of our revenue comes from home games, season tickets and merchandise. You want the 10% that comes from intangible things like they need us to support them to supercede that. I get your emotional argument but whether my 90% is right or miles off the mark, it's where I'm coming from.
I fully appreciate and understand where you are coming from. I just don't agree with it despite the fact it could work in my favour.

Years ago, in simpler times when our allocation was bigger and football was mostly 3.00pm on a Saturday or 7.30pm on a Wednesday, I went everywhere and, although we didn't have an official priority scheme, I always got a ticket. I would have been raging back then if someone who hardly went got a cup final ticket and I didn't.

Circumstances change and nowadays, while still a season ticket holder, I only occasionally do away matches and I simply feel that the guys who have taken my place and who travel the length and breadth of the country are more deserving than I am - disappointing when you get to a European Final and don't make the cut but not something I would be raging at as there are others who deserve it more (although in that particular game there were many less deserving who somehow got allocated tickets).

The cash situation is a different way of looking at these things and yes it's true to say that the club get little or nothing in a financial sense from those going to away games. Like you I'm not sure of the actual percentages but yes the majority of income would definitely be generated from home games.

I would, however, note that for many fans going to Ibrox the actual percentage of their match day expenditure which goes to the club is fairly small. Certainly in my younger days much of the cash spent on a day at Ibrox went elsewhere :))

Guess it's one of those debates where you can't please all of the people.

must be some laugh when folk in here go and buy clothes and say "where are my points" to be fair.
That wasn’t your point. Your point was that Rangers should be happy with DH Gate breaching our copyright and using our trademarks because it gets the brand recognised.

I’ve yet to meet someone who doesn’t know what the rangers logo looks like :shh:

That wasn’t your point. Your point was that Rangers should be happy with DH Gate breaching our copyright and using our trademarks because it gets the brand recognised.

I’ve yet to meet someone who doesn’t know what the rangers logo looks like :shh:

f*ck load of our fans wearing DH gate stuff these days TBH, mix of tops looks superb at games

Thinking of the amount of my hard earned money I spend on merchandise at the club ,like many others fans do,
personally I have x2 kids and they get every strip going ,I also purchase a top aswell as other merchandise.
Should we be getting my gers points for supporting the club in buying merchandise?
If you get it for going to watch a game in Bar72 or buying programmes then shouldnt be an issue getting it for buying your merch direct

DH Gate stuff is generally retro stuff using old crest and club cant do much about.

It boils down to the same thing really. They can sugar coat it anyway they like, but you can’t get a single loyalty point without spending money.

Ed House, Champions Wall, RTV, stadium tours and programmes are all club products that accumulate points. There’s no different IMO between buying a home kit and a programme subscription.
Yeah but thats why all of the above you have quoted shouldn't be included. Should solely by down to first team tickets

Thinking of the amount of my hard earned money I spend on merchandise at the club ,like many others fans do,
personally I have x2 kids and they get every strip going ,I also purchase a top aswell as other merchandise.
Should we be getting my gers points for supporting the club in buying merchandise?

I can guarantee you that if there was such a thing as points for merch, someone would buy everything possible and resell it for the points.

I thought it was included. Everything rangers related should be included imo. If you got points for spending at the rangers store as appose to spending at another retailer for talking sakes say sports direct. If that’s better for the club why wouldn’t they offer points

Yeah but thats why all of the above you have quoted shouldn't be included. Should solely by down to first team tickets
I agree mate, but if they’re going to include some non ticket purchases then they should include everything. Otherwise you end up with this weird situation that if you spend £200 on shirts you get zero points but if you spend £200 on stadium tours you get plenty

I think so. Why not.
More incentive to buy things like lounge wear, gym kit etc. It would give the mygers card a purpose. I also think tickets should be programmed into the mygers card. Would speed up ques

No, points should be for those loyal to attending games. Not for merchandise they purchase.. people may be able to afford all strips, but not attend much games. Maybe my gers should get a little discount on tops etc?

Agree with majority in that a hard no for me.

I do also believe MyGers should see you get more things discounted. I know mates who are "members" of A League clubs here who get %s off merch, cheaper access to the bar with cheaper drink on offer etc.

Back