Should we be getting mygers points for some rtv games bought?

Monty_greenock34

Just thinking should Rangers offer a mygers point or 2 for some games bought on rtv (like tonight)

I know you get points for a full subscription already but maby just a few selected games here and there so that full subscribers still get the lions share.

It would generate more for the club and give us a small opportunity to gain some points since we have virtually no chance to gain them when we cant attend games?

It's a decent shout. If people are paying money for away games, it's the sort of thing in a normal season you'd be accruing points for.

MyGers points are going to matter %^*& all in the coming year(s) or so and lets be honest, the only thing people care about is using it to get away tickets.

As the scheme is still open and anyone can sign up, theoretically if points were dished out when there is no fans at the games, people who have a low points threshold and don't go to many games could move up the scheme and go above people who attend regularly.

As far as the club will see it, people will spend the money anyway so very little need to incentivise them. Otherwise, by the time we are in a position to use them, there could be a situation where certain groups of fans have 20k more points than those on a lower tier creating more issues.

Just thinking should Rangers offer a mygers point or 2 for some games bought on rtv (like tonight)

I know you get points for a full subscription already but maby just a few selected games here and there so that full subscribers still get the lions share.

It would generate more for the club and give us a small opportunity to gain some points since we have virtually no chance to gain them when we cant attend games?
That’s. Not a bad idea to be fair. Although I don’t know how the full scheme works.

Points at present are worthless sadly.

Surely it still forms part of the scheme's plan though? Anyoen contributing money to the club should who is part of MyGers should see some form of reward on a points basis (even if the purposes of getting away tickets in a ballot is moot just now)

MyGers points are going to matter %^*& all in the coming year(s) or so and lets be honest, the only thing people care about is using it to get away tickets.

As the scheme is still open and anyone can sign up, theoretically if points were dished out when there is no fans at the games, people who have a low points threshold and don't go to many games could move up the scheme and go above people who attend regularly.

As far as the club will see it, people will spend the money anyway so very little need to incentivise them. Otherwise, by the time we are in a position to use them, there could be a situation where certain groups of fans have 20k more points than those on a lower tier creating more issues.

I don't see how that's going to be the case. People who "go to the games regularly" are still buying their ST just now so they're way ahead of anyone else.

They're also likely to be the people putting money in via RTV to watch the games now too.

I'm not really seeing an issue with people getting points for putting money in to the club. That's the entire point of a memberhip scheme as far as rewards back go.

If you scenario was even going to happen, those who've put money in to the club just now would be deserving of what even gold tier benefits they then got.

Don't think it's fair on families who live in the same household.

That works both ways. A family in the same household is only having to pay for the game once so two or more people see the game for a tenner.

Those who (say were a father and older kid) sit at the games beside each other but live in two different houses are paying £20 to see it tonight.

There's a way round it all. It can't always be 100% fair but that's not a reason to just reward no one at all.

Just imagine someone at Rangers in the guise of Tom Cruise in Jerry McGuire....

SHOW ME THE MONEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Pretty much, we’ll freeze ST prices but find something else to charge £40 for which will likely be of no use to anyone for a year

I don't see how that's going to be the case. People who "go to the games regularly" are still buying their ST just now so they're way ahead of anyone else.

They're also likely to be the people putting money in via RTV to watch the games now too.

I'm not really seeing an issue with people getting points for putting money in to the club. That's the entire point of a memberhip scheme as far as rewards back go.

If you scenario was even going to happen, those who've put money in to the club just now would be deserving of what even gold tier benefits they then got.

But you end up in a situation where we could sell more virtual tickets to an away game than what our standard allocation would be. Do you propose we have a free for all and saturate the points given, or limit the virtual tickets to the same as the allocation we would have got and give first option to gold, then silver etc. like we would if it was operating as normal?

We should be getting the European games free of charge if we bought a season ticket. Scandalous to charge us £9.99

Pretty much, we’ll freeze ST prices but find something else to charge £40 for which will likely be of no use to anyone for a year
Something which I'd imagine the is main attraction for the majority was already included the year before (Priority to semi's and finals)

But I've had that moan before lol

But you end up in a situation where we could sell more virtual tickets to an away game than what our standard allocation would be. Do you propose we have a free for all and saturate the points given, or limit the virtual tickets to the same as the allocation we would have got and give first option to gold, then silver etc. like we would if it was operating as normal?

We won't be in any different a situation though. That's my point.

Take games at the Piggery for example. As things stand, there's going to be a ballot for those games where Gold Tier members exceed the tickets available.

If we have a situation where MyGers points see a number of people in the tier to the point where there's a ballot for the next lowest allocation (Pittodrie) the same will be done then.

For all that, and I said this when the scheme launched too, you'll find that these people you're mentioning don't typically go to away games anyway. There's a core of a few thousand who attend the away matches.

Yer average punter, beyond that core, who's picking games up on RTV here because it's a big Euro night likely doesn't go to the away games and quite possibly isn't in MyGers either.

I think your point is an invented situation that just won't happen anyway. It's not something to get concerned about.

All the people who attend away games will be on the MyGers scheme and are the type of supporter buying the game tonight and will have previous points to keep them above all other supporter tiers anyway.

Yeah, you get MyGers points for an Annual subscription. Now the OP is suggesting giving them out for PPV matches. What about those of us who have a Monthly subscription, some at £24 per month, who get no MyGers points? Even those who subscribe at £6 per month?

I don’t think they have the MyGers point right but I’m not sure giving them for PPV is the way to go.

This point has been one of the reasons I haven't pushed for it - I think its definitely something we need to find a solution to going forward but its a fair point that buying RTV matches fits within the criteria for what should earn mygers points

Can’t have it both ways @Greg Marshall I recall you telling me that the Club weren’t givingMyGers points to monthly subscribers because they wanted to even out demand across 12 months by encoraging folk to take the annual subscription. Now you are suggesting points for PPV might be possible - but no mention of monthly subscribers? Surely has to be both or neither?

Yeah, you get MyGers points for an Annual subscription. Now the OP is suggesting giving them out for PPV matches. What about those of us who have a Monthly subscription, some at £24 per month, who get no MyGers points? Even those who subscribe at £6 per month?

I don’t think they have the MyGers point right but I’m not sure giving them for PPV is the way to go.

I didnt say give them out for all games just some so that annual subscribers still get the lions share.

Rangers must come up with fresh ideas on how to offer points otherwise mygers was just a waste imo.

I didnt say give them out for all games just some so that annual subscribers still get the lions share.

Rangers must come up with fresh ideas on how to offer points otherwise mygers was just a waste imo.

My main beef is the lack of points for monthly subscribers - and I’m not even a MyGers member. For me, it would be inconceivable to give points for a single PPV but not to monthly subscribers. And then you’d have to look at a points differentiation between £6 subscribers and £24 subscribers.

It still baffles me they actually went ahead with it this year
Mygers it’s nothing more than a huge rip off- give us £50 to get on a list for a ticket - no guarantee of getting one though - no £50 no admission to cup tickets or season ticket waiting list. Shameful abuse of fans loyalty.

Why not points for every game you watch on RTV? Then it doesn't matter how you paid for it.

Or, points for every pound you spend on RTV, again it doesn't matter what scheme you use.

Can’t have it both ways @Greg Marshall I recall you telling me that the Club weren’t givingMyGers points to monthly subscribers because they wanted to even out demand across 12 months by encoraging folk to take the annual subscription. Now you are suggesting points for PPV might be possible - but no mention of monthly subscribers? Surely has to be both or neither?

I think that's a bit of a false dichotomy - appreciate the point but the club isn't looking to upgrade domestic subscribers to the unlimited package generally whereas we are likely to use RTV as the sole platform for individual games including friendlies and qualifiers.

I would prefer if we were able to offer points on the monthly subs but there was also an admin aspect on applying those points. But it's a fair point to raise and one that needs to be considered should the club choose to award points on individual games

No
Lol

It’s actually a really good idea as it might also deter people from streaming illegally and paying their tenner which goes straight to the club.

I think that's a bit of a false dichotomy - appreciate the point but the club isn't looking to upgrade domestic subscribers to the unlimited package generally whereas we are likely to use RTV as the sole platform for individual games including friendlies and qualifiers.

I would prefer if we were able to offer points on the monthly subs but there was also an admin aspect on applying those points. But it's a fair point to raise and one that needs to be considered should the club choose to award points on individual games

That's all fair Greg.

I don't think using an admin point is worthy though. If they system struggles with making slight changes here and there, the software running it in the first place is too rigid.

This was my gripe with the ticket office arrangements too. It's just funcional as long as there's nothing out of the ordinary which, given how we are as a club, is always the case compared to the likes of a run of the mill team will less supporters ticket demand.

I'm keen to see how MyGers evolves. I do consider a lot of the complaints to be things which will ease as the scheme moves forward. It was never going to be perfect immediately and it cannot suit 100% of indivuduals at all times either.

A genuine question as has been asked many times before without any infighting @Greg Marshall do you not think the club should be giving something back to the STH even arguably MYGERS also, in terms of tonight being a free match to STH. Its these small things that will be recognised. Has this ever been taken back to the club? I think a very high % of the STH will often be wondering given the cash forked out on MYGERS and STH.

Something is always better than nothing.

Slightly off topic but I have still not bought RTV and the only reason I will be buying it is for the Mygers points so I guess it’s good for the club as it’s something I would never have bought.

Why not points for every game you watch on RTV? Then it doesn't matter how you paid for it.

Or, points for every pound you spend on RTV, again it doesn't matter what scheme you use.
Again what about families who live in the same household/watch games together?

I don't think my dad has even redeemed his code as he comes over to mine to watch the games.

A genuine question as has been asked many times before without any infighting @Greg Marshall do you not think the club should be giving something back to the STH even arguably MYGERS also, in terms of tonight being a free match to STH. Its these small things that will be recognised. Has this ever been taken back to the club? I think a very high % of the STH will often be wondering given the cash forked out on MYGERS and STH.

Something is always better than nothing.

In an ideal world of course it would be nice to provide many additional benefits to ST holders.

the club offered the Ibrox friendlies to ST holders at the start of the season but unfortunately the club isn’t in a position to offer the games without costs.

with the increased uncertainty I understand why some fans are looking more but i also appreciate that the club aren’t in the position to do so with Euro qualifiers.

do I think the club should be looking at options? Yes but tonight’s game isn’t one they feel they can do.

I don’t think the club anticipated it would be the full season.
The club, along with myself probably thought we’d be back in January

The reality is we don’t know when fans will be back in. I see quite a lot of people suggesting it will be the full season. That’s purely speculation as we genuinely don’t know yet.

I wasn't suggesting the Club wanted domestic users to move to the unlimited package mate - I appreciate the problems with that. Simply that you had indicated the club wanted folk on Annual packages rather than Monthly - be it domestic or overseas.

Back to the original argument - I think it would be wrong to offer MyGers points to PPV purchasers but not to Monthly subscribers. That's basically all I'm saying. As I'm not in MyGers it doesn't affect me directly it just struck me as an odd proposition.

EDIT: More importantly can you feedback to StreamAMG the horrendous and ongoing issues with logouts on both the website and the App as per the other thread.

I wasn't suggesting the Club wanted domestic users to move to the unlimited package mate - I appreciate the problems with that. Simply that you had indicated the club wanted folk on Annual packages rather than Monthly - be it domestic or overseas.

Back to the original argument - I think it would be wrong to offer MyGers points to PPV purchasers but not to Monthly subscribers. That's basically all I'm saying. As I'm not in MyGers it doesn't affect me directly it just struck me as an odd proposition.

EDIT: More importantly can you feedback to StreamAMG the horrendous and ongoing issues with logouts on both the website and the App as per the other thread.

ive messaged RTV on the log out issues to make sure they are aware.

ive messaged RTV on the log out issues to make sure they are aware.

Much appreciated @Greg Marshall its been an issue for a while but seems to be getting worse - as explained in the OP of this thread:

Much appreciated @Greg Marshall its been an issue for a while but seems to be getting worse - as explained in the OP of this thread:

I‘ve sent that specific thread on.

In an ideal world of course it would be nice to provide many additional benefits to ST holders.

the club offered the Ibrox friendlies to ST holders at the start of the season but unfortunately the club isn’t in a position to offer the games without costs.

with the increased uncertainty I understand why some fans are looking more but i also appreciate that the club aren’t in the position to do so with Euro qualifiers.

do I think the club should be looking at options? Yes but tonight’s game isn’t one they feel they can do.

That's fair enough and understand everything comes back to cost.

There should be a loop in the system somewhere for Rangers to approach TV broadcasters to offer a better package to STH for aways/cups also. After all it comes down to money. The league/Scottish cup home games as an example, whoever we draw approach the correct bodies now to say that they will be looking to gift these to the STH at a cost, it also is a good PR stunt for the club.

Tonights match for example the club really didn't need to charge 9.99 to the support for it? Is that to cover costs? As it looks like profit, when it could have been stated as being £10 to buy however for STH if not free then £2.

It's more the principle than money at times. The support want to be appreciated and wee gestures if they cannot be given at nothing the STH should be given something as a token.

The reality is we don’t know when fans will be back in. I see quite a lot of people suggesting it will be the full season. That’s purely speculation as we genuinely don’t know yet.
Sorry for hi jacking the thread but the biggest problem for mygers is the grades.
How can someone in bronze who’s had a season ticket for years go to away games cup games and Europe be the same as someone who’s just bought a season and mygers this year?

This point has been one of the reasons I haven't pushed for it - I think its definitely something we need to find a solution to going forward but its a fair point that buying RTV matches fits within the criteria for what should earn mygers points
Quick question on RTV , I have a monthly subscription which I’ve cancelled and plan to take out yearly subscription as I receive points, when subscribing to make sure points are added and I receive 10% discount , is there a code i put in or My Gers number ?

Quick question on RTV , I have a monthly subscription which I’ve cancelled and plan to take out yearly subscription as I receive points, when subscribing to make sure points are added and I receive 10% discount , is there a code i put in or My Gers number ?

When you login to RangersTV click on Account (top right of screen) and go to Update Your Personal Details and there is a box to enter your Rangers Number. I think that's all it should take but, you know, its Rangers.;):)

And while we’re at it we’ll reward people with points for not taking a refund...

Back