Should we be interested in Greg Taylor?

final_straws

We need a LB with an ability to get forward for the majority of games in the spl even if the runs forward are primarily to disrupt the opposition shape rather than create.

Taylor doesn't have that in his game & it probably limits how far he will go in his career. Solid enough defensively though

Mamabear

Sinclair got rid of him when he played for Rangers. Maybe he’d be bitter about that. He’s no better than we have though. Not for me.

alba73

Clarke has just given Kilmarnock a nice leaving present by including four of their players in his National squad who will probably be interesting a few clubs and thereby increasing Killie's asking price,Taylor being one of them.
SFA to kille:- we cant afford compensation but we’ll cap some players and boost their value

sulabear

Greg Taylor is probably the first in that squad who springs to mind when you think about Strachan’s “genetics” theory.

MearnsUnionist

Birthday card pish? Your patter is tragic. Barasic has bottled it. Simple, he isn’t interested. My belief is that Taylor won’t do that.

I’m basing it on the following:

- he has made a good start to his professional career at Kilmarnock, making over 100 appearances
- He is rapid down the left hand side and can deliver a cross
- is a better all round player than Halliday
- isn’t scared to put in a tackle
- comfortable at playing in midfield positions so is comfortable on the ball
- understands what playing for Rangers is all about given he came through our youth ranks and his family continue to support the club
- has potential to improve

Sorry mate, but I've seen nothing to suggest he's a better all round player than Halliday.

Halliday has a far sweeter left foot and reads the game better.

Btw I'm looking for someone better than Andy for left back too, as he's still not a natural in that position.

MearnsUnionist

Sadly, getting into the Scotland side no longer marks you out as good enough to play for Rangers.
Very few current Scotland players would get into our first team.
If Tav, Goldson, Katic, Kamara, Davis, Arfield, Kent, Defoe, Morelos and even Flanagan and possibly Barasic were Scottish, they would all be pushing for places in the current Scotland squad.

Agreed @bilkobear.

A full strength Rangers would absolutely pump Scotland and I'd love every minute of it.

So Mote It Be

Would like to see him signing for purely personal reasons; local lad, ex BB, Bluenose, know his old man etc.

Could we & should we be signing a higher calibre of player? Yes.

Darren

Clarke has just given Kilmarnock a nice leaving present by including four of their players in his National squad who will probably be interesting a few clubs and thereby increasing Killie's asking price,Taylor being one of them.
Haha, if anything getting capped for Scotland decreases your value.

CalgaryLoyal

Are we as well just signing the full Killie team?

Taylor, Jones, Stewart.

Bachmann, Brophy, Findlay, O'Donnell, Power aren't so bad either eh?
How many times do people have to keep using this shite argument to try and prove a point.

Boyd and Naismith from killie - won leagues
Thomson Whittaker from Hibs- won leagues, UEFA final
Cannigia Novo from Dundee - won leagues got us to UEFA final.

So having an argument saying signing players from spl clubs wont win us titles is just utter shite end of. We have won with them our entire history and will continue to do so.

RFC4ME

I thought he looked decent enough last night, was one of Scotland's better performers - not saying much, but no shame in pitching up against Belgium in your International debut and looking OK.

Chubster

It would be good to sign him just to watch Clarke drop him from his international squad because of who he played for.

Probably a no however it's worth remembering that Sir Watty's team in the 90s had full backs signed from Aberdeen and Dundee Hibs (Robertson, Wright, Cleland etc).

MSF

How many times do people have to keep using this shite argument to try and prove a point.

Boyd and Naismith from killie - won leagues
Thomson Whittaker from Hibs- won leagues, UEFA final
Cannigia Novo from Dundee - won leagues got us to UEFA final.

So having an argument saying signing players from spl clubs wont win us titles is just utter shite end of. We have won with them our entire history and will continue to do so.
That wasn’t my argument. It was the fact we’ve been linked to half the Killie team.

The only player we have from the SPFL who wouldn’t look out of place in the teams that Naismith, Boyd, Thomson & co played in is Kamara. The level of players in this league has dropped significantly.

Reactions: cav

sregnar

Thought he done ok last night. Decent player, isn’t good enough to take us forward.

Also was told a story about him during a game laughing and asking a player what his basic wage was. Since then I’ve thought the guy is a fucking knob.

gerz1873

Taylor would be an upgrade on what we have at left back at present. Not sure if he offers enough going forward but the formation we ended the season with doesn't rely on both fullbacks being so attack minded

Thommo2006

Barasic can't be relied on, there is something not right with him, whether the scottish game is to fast/physical or it is something else I don't know but I don't see him stringing 10/15/20 games together. Taylor didn't do much wrong last night would have liked to have seen him drive forward a bit more a number of times there as space in front of him but he turned back and played it back to the CB'S not sure if it was just because it was his debut or he is like that for Killie

Toyota blue

He had a good game last night considering who he was up against.
But for me he doesn’t do enough going forward.

Graemelins

Official Ticketer
LB is a position where we are shockingly weak at the moment. I wouldn’t be against signing Taylor for this reason alone, probably with another so we actually have some cover.
Slightly off topic- do we have any promising youths coming through on that position currently?