Should we be interested in Greg Taylor?

Only if he runs down his contract and leaves on a free.

I’d rather we didn’t give any money to any Scottish club. Particularly ones who think they can cut our allocation whenever pleases them.
So, you wouldn’t take a player who’d improve our team.
Is that not just plain stupid?
If you want to starve them of money, don’t take any tickets at all.
Sorry, op, the answer is absolutely yes we should.
We shouldn’t pay any more than we feel comfortable with, more than we think he’s worth.

“Rangers fan”. Always included when someone lacks ability in attempt to sway people, isn’t it?

Personally I think Greg Taylor is bang average. Nothing special at all. He is a solid SPFL level defender with no real strengths. Won’t ever play at a high level due to his serious lack of pace & weaknesses going forward.

No thank you. Lazy shout. I’d take Lowe over him all day long, he has a far higher ceiling in the modern game.

I’d rather we didn’t give any money to any Scottish club. Particularly ones who think they can cut our allocation whenever pleases them.
They don’t need to think they can because they absolutely can.
It’ll hurt them more if we cut our allocation even further though.

So we can cut allocations to suit us, but others can’t?

It’s home advantage for a reason.

Imo, allocations should be set out now for the season, but that’s not the rule at present, so we can hardly call people out on it.

We should be signing him. It’s a position we need a bit of quality in and I reckon he could step up a level or two. He gets what the club is about and won’t bottle the challenge.

We should be signing him. It’s a position we need a bit of quality in and I reckon he could step up a level or two. He gets what the club is about and won’t bottle the challenge.
What do you think is good about him as a player?

The last line is just birthday card pish.

I think he would be a good addition, although his attacking stats for a full back are pretty poor compared to what we currently have. 1 goal in just over 100 appearances.

Unfair to say he is too smalll, but in this day and age he needs to give us more going forward.
Not for me at the moment but never say never

I think he would be a good addition, although his attacking stats for a full back are pretty poor compared to what we currently have. 1 goal in just over 100 appearances.
To be fair, it IS Kilmarnock that he has been playing for, and the opportunities for him to be bombing forward and scoring goals will have been a lot less for him than if he had been playing for Rangers. I’m sure that given the right role in the right team, that he would greatly improve that stat of 1/100.

What do you think is good about him as a player?

The last line is just birthday card pish.

Birthday card pish? Your patter is tragic. Barasic has bottled it. Simple, he isn’t interested. My belief is that Taylor won’t do that.

I’m basing it on the following:

- he has made a good start to his professional career at Kilmarnock, making over 100 appearances
- He is rapid down the left hand side and can deliver a cross
- is a better all round player than Halliday
- isn’t scared to put in a tackle
- comfortable at playing in midfield positions so is comfortable on the ball
- understands what playing for Rangers is all about given he came through our youth ranks and his family continue to support the club
- has potential to improve

Birthday card pish? Your patter is tragic. Barasic has bottled it. Simple, he isn’t interested. My belief is that Taylor won’t do that.

I’m basing it on the following:

- he has made a good start to his professional career at Kilmarnock, making over 100 appearances
- He is rapid down the left hand side and can deliver a cross
- is a better all round player than Halliday
- isn’t scared to put in a tackle
- comfortable at playing in midfield positions so is comfortable on the ball
- understands what playing for Rangers is all about given he came through our youth ranks and his family continue to support the club
- has potential to improve
So basically, because he is Killies first choice left back, better than Halliday & played for us as a youth. Not much about his actual ability.

He 100% is not rapid, infact he is pretty slow so I’m not sure you are talking about the same player?

Greg Taylor in midfield. :oops::oops::oops:

So basically, because he is Killies first choice left back, better than Halliday & played for us as a youth. Not much about his actual ability.

He 100% is not rapid, infact he is pretty slow so I’m not sure you are talking about the same player?

Greg Taylor in midfield. :oops::oops::oops:
In youth pro league Greg did not play much at left back it was almost always midfield

You need to look at the big picture mate, it’s the team that win the trophies and if a player is better option than we have at the moment we need to at least look at him whoever he plays for.

Sadly, getting into the Scotland side no longer marks you out as good enough to play for Rangers.
Very few current Scotland players would get into our first team.
If Tav, Goldson, Katic, Kamara, Davis, Arfield, Kent, Defoe, Morelos and even Flanagan and possibly Barasic were Scottish, they would all be pushing for places in the current Scotland squad.

Back