Should we be interested in Greg Taylor?

Assuming Barisic doesn’t find his form again, he’d be the best left back at the club.

Flanagan not having a left foot is painfully obvious when we attack down that side too

Clarke has just given Kilmarnock a nice leaving present by including four of their players in his National squad who will probably be interesting a few clubs and thereby increasing Killie's asking price,Taylor being one of them.

I’d take him, always thought he was a good player and I think in our team with more of the ball going forward he’d be even better.

taylor would be worst signing in a while imo genuinely surprised to why he's getting shilled so hard in this thread

Are we as well just signing the full Killie team?

Taylor, Jones, Stewart.

Bachmann, Brophy, Findlay, O'Donnell, Power aren't so bad either eh?

Imo hes not good enough for Rangers. Personally i dont know whats going on with barisic i like him. Still think waldo was the best LB at the club hang me for saying it lol just my opinion

Taylor, Jones, Stewart.

While I think Killies performance this year was down to Clark more so than the quality of players...

Killie have consistently over the past year gotten the better of us. In head to heads Killie were without question the better team, it'd be silly and questionable if we weren't looking at their team and seeing who we could pick up.

Will they walk into our starting 11? no probably not, but they'll do a decent job as a squad player and comes with the bonus of weakening killie (which could be the title winning decider as it effectively was this season)

Could we do better than Taylor, Jones and Stewart? Probably, with hefty price tags and risks attached.

Age 21.

Already played over 120 first team games.

Rangers fan.

A position we need to recruit for. Either first pick or back up.

Thoughts?

Funny enough i was thinking about that youngster myself, i think playing at a bigger club, he could improve big time.And turn out to be a very good left back.
No doubt S.G.and his staff will be keeping tabs on him.If interested in good young Scottish talent, you have to get in quickly, before the clubs down south start sniffing around.

Sadly, getting into the Scotland side no longer marks you out as good enough to play for Rangers.
Very few current Scotland players would get into our first team.
If Tav, Goldson, Katic, Kamara, Davis, Arfield, Kent, Defoe, Morelos and even Flanagan and possibly Barasic were Scottish, they would all be pushing for places in the current Scotland squad.

Thankfully there not Scottish, as i don't want any of our players turning out for that mob.

I would sell Barisic, buy Taylor and another left back.
I agree get barasic out the door he’s not got the heart for the fight money would b better spent elsewhere , if we sign another left bck for instance Taylor we won’t need another we have Halliday who has played well there wen asked and flanno so don’t think we would need anymore unless one of the leaves.

Age 21.

Already played over 120 first team games.

Rangers fan.

A position we need to recruit for. Either first pick or back up.

Thoughts?

I think we should be trying to get more out of Barasic. He’s young but has now had a bit of time to adjust and it’s up to the staff to pull more out of a boy they asked the club to pay big money ( for us) to buy.

GT is a good solid player but I don’t think he’s nearly as good as Borna. I also think it’s pointless to try to do business with Scottish clubs. It takes forever and there is always a Rangers premium.

I think we should be trying to get more out of Barasic. He’s young but has now had a bit of time to adjust and it’s up to the staff to pull more out of a boy they asked the club to pay big money ( for us) to buy.

GT is a good solid player but I don’t think he’s nearly as good as Borna. I also think it’s pointless to try to do business with Scottish clubs. It takes forever and there is always a Rangers premium.

I’ll put everything I own on it that Barisic won’t come good, it’s just never happening mate. He’s had chance after chance and we still see the timid, inhibited player that offers nothing. What changes for that switch to flick and for him to suddenly start doing the biz?

Just as an aside re should we be interest in him - yes, absolutely yes, Rangers should be looking to exhaust every market available to us including Scotland.

There is no such quote as too many SPL players or Scottish players.

It is total madness to be dismissive of players because they play in Scotland given our, and their history with players from this country.

I’ll put everything I own on it that Barisic won’t come good, it’s just never happening mate. He’s had chance after chance and we still see the timid, inhibited player that offers nothing. What changes for that switch to flick and for him to suddenly start doing the biz?

Has he been that poor mate? Has he had chance after chance? I think he has not been as good as expected but he’s settling in a new country and had injury after injury. I think we as a support sometimes underestimate how much of an effect that can have.

He’s had terrible games (2nd half at Pittodrie away) but some really good games too imo.

My biggest worry is he’s picking up a lot of injuries. If that continues, it’s difficult to find form.

We need a LB with an ability to get forward for the majority of games in the spl even if the runs forward are primarily to disrupt the opposition shape rather than create.

Taylor doesn't have that in his game & it probably limits how far he will go in his career. Solid enough defensively though

Sinclair got rid of him when he played for Rangers. Maybe he’d be bitter about that. He’s no better than we have though. Not for me.

Clarke has just given Kilmarnock a nice leaving present by including four of their players in his National squad who will probably be interesting a few clubs and thereby increasing Killie's asking price,Taylor being one of them.

SFA to kille:- we cant afford compensation but we’ll cap some players and boost their value

Greg Taylor is probably the first in that squad who springs to mind when you think about Strachan’s “genetics” theory.

Birthday card pish? Your patter is tragic. Barasic has bottled it. Simple, he isn’t interested. My belief is that Taylor won’t do that.

I’m basing it on the following:

- he has made a good start to his professional career at Kilmarnock, making over 100 appearances
- He is rapid down the left hand side and can deliver a cross
- is a better all round player than Halliday
- isn’t scared to put in a tackle
- comfortable at playing in midfield positions so is comfortable on the ball
- understands what playing for Rangers is all about given he came through our youth ranks and his family continue to support the club
- has potential to improve

Sorry mate, but I've seen nothing to suggest he's a better all round player than Halliday.

Halliday has a far sweeter left foot and reads the game better.

Btw I'm looking for someone better than Andy for left back too, as he's still not a natural in that position.

Sadly, getting into the Scotland side no longer marks you out as good enough to play for Rangers.
Very few current Scotland players would get into our first team.
If Tav, Goldson, Katic, Kamara, Davis, Arfield, Kent, Defoe, Morelos and even Flanagan and possibly Barasic were Scottish, they would all be pushing for places in the current Scotland squad.

Agreed @bilkobear.

A full strength Rangers would absolutely pump Scotland and I'd love every minute of it.

6dvt5ah.gif

Would like to see him signing for purely personal reasons; local lad, ex BB, Bluenose, know his old man etc.

Could we & should we be signing a higher calibre of player? Yes.

Haha, if anything getting capped for Scotland decreases your value.

Taylor, Jones, Stewart.

How many times do people have to keep using this shite argument to try and prove a point.

Boyd and Naismith from killie - won leagues
Thomson Whittaker from Hibs- won leagues, UEFA final
Cannigia Novo from Dundee - won leagues got us to UEFA final.

So having an argument saying signing players from spl clubs wont win us titles is just utter shite end of. We have won with them our entire history and will continue to do so.

Back