Should we be more concerned with Linesmen?

Shropshire_Bear

Official Ticketer
I refuse to call them assistants as most seem to hinder referees rather than assist them. On Sunday's game, we don't know what the linesman, incidentally the same linesman, I believe, that instructed Clancy to send off Morelos in the the first league game of the season v Sheep, said to Madden. If he indicated an elbow from Morelos and definite red card, then Madden has to send him off, as it appears, with Brown rolling in agony holding his face, that he's received an elbow to the face. This is where we need VAR. If like the Sheep game, where the linesman apparently doesn't mention McKenna's provocation, it may be the same with Brown's provocation. I'm not defending Morelos, but the inconsistency when we've witnessed worse elbow incidents against our players with only a booking or no action taken, or in the case of the Kilmarnock goalkeeper, the red card is overturned.
Also, in the penalty incident, the referee looks to the linesman, who's in a better position, but he doesn't flag for a penalty. No wonder that Tav remonstratrates with the linesman. We complain about the standard of refereeing, but the linesmen can have a big influence knowing that it's the referee that gets all the flak.
What chance do we have with linemen like Sunday's and Clancy as 4th official.

Its everything about refereeing, absolutely everything the whole set up is quite obviously corrupt and stinks of yahoo. Even ex refs in media.

4th officials that play a part when they fancy it, linesman that sometimes just watch offside but will get involved if a Rangers player is in the wrong, and the mad tart in the middle doing everything possible to corrupt and influence the game to make sure we see the correct result.

We should be asking questions about this guy Fleming who is he where did he come from the cheating seemed to get much much worse when he took over, was it Celtic that put him there that would explain everything if it was.

Who was the linesman who advised Halliday should be booked for celebrating?

Look guys, Its being set in place years ago.

As soon as they do something, wrong they will turn it around and play the victim.

I am really surprised we have not read about Scott Brown death threats.

They can do this as they have placemen in the papers, in politics, on the radio and on the TV. What else they have is a hardcore of ex-players ready to release articles whenever the heat is on. Whilst our ex-players who appear on these outlets are more concerned about their bbc expenses.

As for the Linesman I'm sure they are certain Linesman that are hand-picked for so-called big games featuring us and them. The difference is their club sounds out any ref or any linesman that dare not tow the line. ie. The ref that booked Brown for dangerously play against either Hibs or Hearts this season, obviously Beaton and the Tory Linesman.

They set the agenda and the cabal in all their places fine tune it.

Its part of their DNA.

As I said already, I would not be surprised if Hearts have a player sent off for no real reason or we get the softest penalty ever. The work has been done for this season by these cheats/cowards. And they will then point the finger at us for preparation for next season.

I am not a true breed I hate to say. My dad is an RC. But I make it up with my mothers blood which is deep rooted to the cause. But I kid you not, back in the 80s my dad was told who to vote for by the priest. As I said its in their DNA. Dont underestimate this cult.

Last edited:
Its everything about refereeing, absolutely everything the whole set up is quite obviously corrupt and stinks of yahoo. Even ex refs in media.

4th officials that play a part when they fancy it, linesman that sometimes just watch offside but will get involved if a Rangers player is in the wrong, and the mad tart in the middle doing everything possible to corrupt and influence the game to make sure we see the correct result.

We should be asking questions about this guy Fleming who is he where did he come from the cheating seemed to get much much worse when he took over, was it Celtic that put him there that would explain everything if it was.
fleming is an ex referee/linesman.
his previous job was a manager in BT.
he took over at the sfa when dallas was forced out of his job.
his background i do not know but i know some of his family are rc.

Mulvanny has previous, when we lost to them in the semi in 2016, McKay was bundled down in the box, he waved it off though.

All officials should be closely watched by the SFA - it's the only way they can ensure they are doing their job and doing it correctly. The SFA don't do this and let them away with murder. They are constantly ALLOWED to get things wrong. They get to make as many honest mistakes as they want and there is absolutely no comeback for them. I've no doubt even someone who was a Celtic fan can officiate a Rangers game no problem but just doing the job asked of them. The reason they don't is because they don't have to.

There is no job in the world where that is a working model. There needs to be limits to the number of mistakes they can make before they are either removed from service or they are demoted to where they can do less damage.

All officials should be closely watched by the SFA - it's the only way they can ensure they are doing their job and doing it correctly. The SFA don't do this and let them away with murder. They are constantly ALLOWED to get things wrong. They get to make as many honest mistakes as they want and there is absolutely no comeback for them. I've no doubt even someone who was a Celtic fan can officiate a Rangers game no problem but just doing the job asked of them. The reason they don't is because they don't have to.

There is no job in the world where that is a working model. There needs to be limits to the number of mistakes they can make before they are either removed from service or they are demoted to where they can do less damage.

But its not mistakes. Steve McLean seen Darren MacGregor elbow Alfredo. And Craig Thompson (Sep 2017) seen Brown elbow Morelos, but quickly turned his head as if to remove the decision.

Even with VAR that was a red on a Sunday....

The club need to comment and act on decisions that are actually shite....i.e not the red on Sunday

Missing the point. You are acting like the linesman. Its not the reaction thats is in question its the assault from behind (Raking another player achillies) being unpunished that leads to the red.

But its not mistakes. Steve McLean seen Darren MacGregor elbow Alfredo. And Craig Thompson (Sep 2017) seen Brown elbow Morelos, but quickly turned his head as if to remove the decision.
I know this and so does everyone else - the main problem I was alluding to is that there is no accountability. No matter what the refs do wrong they're not being watched or dealt with by anyone. Free reign to do what they want. Even if they weren't doing anything wrong the training will be pathetic, namely because the SFA do not give a shit.

watch collum in last weeks international he done
he done fine, so he is capable of being fair. but not in this country where they know mistakes/cheating will go unpunished.

Even with VAR that was a red on a Sunday....

The club need to comment and act on decisions that are actually shite....i.e not the red on Sunday
Var would have surely saw broon l at least booked for his part though it was deliberate, it was of ball and could be considered violent sweep sweep

Var would have surely saw broon l at least booked for his part though it was deliberate, it was of ball and could be considered violent sweep sweep

Not convinced it would have been a yellow, maybe - not sure - can see as many refs (yes even in England etc) who don't give a yellow, it was deliberate etc - a wanks trick but it is just playing the game

@RFC4ME every thought of joining the SFA as a potential Ref. Looking for guys with your mindset.

To watch this in slow motion and suggest Brown should not be cautioned I would give you a few days ban on here for acting poetish if I was Admin

Disagree mate, yellow for Morelos and also Brown, his forearm flips Brown on the chest, Brown then simulates an elbow to the face which it wasnt
I thought same but the most galling thing for me is you can see very clearly the first contact that instigated it which in my book is a sending off because he kicked out first,deliberatly but no one mentions this.

Madden didn't see it. He was given the instruction by the linesman.

But did the linesman see the whole incident? Or did he hear brown crying out, look round to see him going down holding his face and Ajer screaming and gesticulating that it was an elbow and make his mind up from that? Strange that there’s been no footage from any other angle

Not sure it is, its a sly bastards trick - half looking at him, half looking the other way - you'd easy explain that as just not noticing him.
Not a chance, in that case does Morelos get off with throwing his arm out because he's not looking at all? Of course he doesn't.
Using Var you would see Browns direction change to catch Morelos, of course he would get booked for it.

He definitely should have been booked for feigning injury, which was as clear as day. Morelos would never have been sent off if Brown had reacted normally to being touched on the chest by Alfie’s hand.

Not convinced it would have been a yellow, maybe - not sure - can see as many refs (yes even in England etc) who don't give a yellow, it was deliberate etc - a wanks trick but it is just playing the game
See this shit ‘it’s playing the game’.........it is not.
It’s a deliberate rake of the Achilles,same as Broadfoot done on Morelos,off the ball,its a clear yellow card,VAR or not.

I'm honestly disgusted with all things in Scottish football, I have no idea how we beat this corruption, it's sapping the life out of me watching each and every decision that goes against us, it's never ending.

The thing is, we could have and should have won that game, if we had taken our chances how would the msm be reacting today?

Fleming was the ref who sent Dave Bowman off something like 4 times in one game for swearing at him after being sent off for a second yellow. I think in that instance he showed his ability to control not only a match or a player, but also himself. Is it any wonder that our whistlers are now so weak when that is the one deemed suitable to be in charge?

Someone I work with knows mulvanney’s sister who confirmed to him her brother was going to give us fûck all ( her words) he was also drinking in a mentally challenged boozer on Sunday evening.

Someone I work with knows mulvanney’s sister who confirmed to him her brother was going to give us fûck all ( her words) he was also drinking in a mentally challenged boozer on Sunday evening.
These are the people that need to be taken out of the game ,the problem is the ones who control the SPFL are all in the same club as Mulvanney, Clancy, Robertson and Frank O'Conner, they are all tainted.

The guy Fleming died a few years ago.

Crawford Allan is the head of refs now - he used to be a senior manager in RBS.
He’s a sheep supporter.

People are mental to think it's just them. We get a lot of decisions too, but most are far too blind to see.

Last night, Kyogo was miles offside and Madden was brutal too; very rarely do referees perform well at all.

Listen i know the brother through a mutual pal amd he was on a stag doo i was on. If he is as half as bitter as his brother then we have a problem. Absolute rabid.

Linesman ultimately get an easy ride

The killie game they had last year where they had 2/3 dodgy goals penalty/offside

Clancy was red and at time I remember thinking they arnt on him it's the linesman who's made decision particular those 2 goals

The linesman don't really help the ref at all but ref takes the abuse

And I do think clancy is a cheat although robertson I think it's worse as he constantly let's the small fouls go when against us but gives the opposition every bigot foul but it's not all on him var is essential I think.

And although people say it's picked by spl or spfl....uefa have passed ownership to fifa im sure and they are recommending certain companies and analysts operate it and not individual associations choices.......... for get their brown envelopes somehow

Mulvanney was linesman in the League cup final when we lost 1 nil to them. Don't think it was him who gave the goal though.
He makes no attempt to hide his allegiances. None whatsoever.

Back