Should we be trying to sign Turnbull?

Should we be trying to sign Turnbull?

• Aye

Votes: 155 23.4%
  • Naw

Votes: 508 76.6%

• Total voters
I've a boy in my amateur side who scored 31 goals in 25 games last year from midfield. Cracking player at that level.

Not good enough for Rangers though.

We need midfielders who can do everything at a very high level.
Turnbull has done it at the very level we play in week-in week-out. And for a team that has less of the ball.

Can’t believe how many people saying no.

What do we need desperately? Goals from midfield.

What does he provide? Goals from midfield. And a lot of them.

He’s exactly the kind of player we should be targeting. Our midfield is way too defensive and passive.

I don’t think he’ll score many goals from the treatment table. Hastie was banging them in for Motherwell and is nowhere near our first team.

He's definitely potentially a great player however let's see how he comes back from this injury.

Plus he's been at the Stench Palace and in their kit, he will end up there eventually.

3 of his 16 goals against top 6 sides. Massively overrated because of half a season scoring against shit teams. He won't cope with the step up and will barely play.
We did not win enough against shit teams.
Hearts bottom of the league for example.
Who also put us out the cup

Under normal circumstances he is 100% the sort of player we should be looking to sign. The knee injury is a concern though, he didn't feature enough before the lockdown to prove he was over it. Also shite timing for us finance wise having just bought Hagi in the middle of a pandemic that's meant revenues will take a really big hit.

I saw the lad walking about Wishaw about 2/3 weeks ago with a knee brace on. Given his surgery was a long time ago and he has been back playing since, their is clearly something not right with his knee. Its a no from me

He needed a standard follow up operation to remove the steel plates/pins/whatever from his knee. It was always the plan for him to get that in the summer and they brought it forward with the pandemic shutting football down.

20 years old.

2018/19: 34 games, 16 goals, assists.

Out last season with a knee injury. Was available for £3m, could get him for less given the above.

A goal-scoring midfielder is something that we lack....could Turnbull under the tutelage of Gerrard be the answer?

Haven't seen enough of him, but I always made a point of watching him against us and he always struggled to make any impact.

His stats show he's clearly got ability, but I wouldn't be paying any sort of fee for someone who's been out with a knee injury as long as he has.

An emphatic no from me.

The lad should have stuck to his guns and moved to England. See the benefits McGinn is reaping away from the cesspit and dirty connection he'd always have being a beast playing for beast enablera

We should have before he signed a new contract, £3million or there about now? I don't think we should

Haven't seen enough of him, but I always made a point of watching him against us and he always struggled to make any impact.

His stats show he's clearly got ability, but I wouldn't be paying any sort of fee for someone who's been out with a knee injury as long as he has.

An emphatic no from me.

I would imagine any signing would involve rigourous testing by our medical team but I do understand the worry.

The fee won't be anywhere near what they almost got last summer though. I imagine you could get him for £1.5m and at that price, I think he's worth the risk.

I would imagine any signing would involve rigourous testing by our medical team but I do understand the worry.

The fee won't be anywhere near what they almost got last summer though. I imagine you could get him for £1.5m and at that price, I think he's worth the risk.

Like I said, I've only ever watched him against us and he couldn't get a kick.

However, it sounds like you've seen more of him than me, so are more qualified to judge him mate.

Tbh, I wouldn't pay anything like £1.5m for him though, irrespective of how thorough the medical is.

I've seen too many players lose that crucial sharpness after a chronic knee injury.

Not good enough, and he has his heart set on the rhats. Getting him would be the equivalent of the Scott Allen transfer.

He kind of came out of nowhere a couple of seasons ago and scored a load of goals in the second half of the season. He hadn’t really been a feature of Scotland youth teams until then.

Loads were penalties and most were against dross.

It’s a risk and if he was to have another good season he’d be off to England and we’d have no chance.

we should be looking at talent in scotland instead of bringing in some of the players we seem to be getting on loan from liverpool and the likes .so I'd be happy with Turnbull and hickey

A no for me. Imo we need a small number of high quality additions. We don't need any mibees aye, mibees naw punts.

Not for me, decent player but we need tried & tested players.

We could possibly register an interest in the hope it drives the price up that they need to pay.

I wouldnt give motherwell a f**king penny and besides hes not good enough to get in our midfield ,we need to stop spunking cash on squad fillers its quality to walk right into our first 11 we need

A huge talent and prospect but not sure it’s a market for us just now. It would be a decent amount of money for a kid who is early on in his career. If we had the luxury of having a surplus of cash lying around then I’d be very keen to sign him. With where we are for now, we have to try and get as many experienced and talented players as possible.

Back