Should we be trying to sign Turnbull?

Should we be trying to sign Turnbull?

• Aye

Votes: 155 23.4%
  • Naw

Votes: 508 76.6%

• Total voters
I saw the lad walking about Wishaw about 2/3 weeks ago with a knee brace on. Given his surgery was a long time ago and he has been back playing since, their is clearly something not right with his knee. Its a no from me
He said on open goal once the season wasn’t looking like it wasn’t restarting soon he went down to London to get pins took out is knee. That’s why mate

It would be like signing Ian Ferguson from St Mirren in the 80's.

Wait a minute, sorry no, it would be nothing like that.

It's a no from me.

If he was from another league a loan with option to buy would preferable, just to see. Not a chance Motherwell would do that though.

I’ve known David for a good few years now. Cracking big lad! Hard working, dedicated, full of confidence and very willing to learn his trade. Done brilliantly in a team where he’s getting less chances Put in front of him and doing more defending which isn’t his thing. I’m sure in a Rangers team he’d get as good if not better a goal to game ratio than he has done for Motherwell.

Naw,

Just because that mob were interested in him doesn't mean we should go try and sign him. We're no them. There's a reason why we didn't try before and Hagi is miles better than Turnbull.

Turnbull has done it at the very level we play in week-in week-out. And for a team that has less of the ball.

For half a season pre knee op.

Has he netted many against Celtic or us? Does he have enough about him to play Europa League? How is he when his space is restricted?

We had guys like Liam Boyce and Jason Scotland as top scorers up here sometimes mate. It doesn't make them good enough players.

No from me. Good player for half a season but not played in a long time. Hastie also looked great for a short spell in that team and hasn't had a look in. Less than a million maybe worth a risk but no chance would I be spending any more.

Actually rate him. A goal scoring midfielder is something we need, even with Hagi here on a permanent basis but spending 3 million on a player who hasn't played in a year and only has one season under his belt is far too risky for us. Of the three names that lot are linked to, Turnbull is the only one i would not want to see go there.

Be mad to sign a player who has not kicked a ball in a year due to two knee surgeries.

And like a poster said, we got Ianis Hagi for a price not far off what Turnbull would cost - although he may not go for that price now.

I’ve known David for a good few years now. Cracking big lad! Hard working, dedicated, full of confidence and very willing to learn his trade. Done brilliantly in a team where he’s getting less chances Put in front of him and doing more defending which isn’t his thing. I’m sure in a Rangers team he’d get as good if not better a goal to game ratio than he has done for Motherwell.
You got any knowledge or opinion about how necessary his surgery really was? He seemed to be doing just fine before this injury was discovered. Maybe surgery was only needed for Well to get a good payday selling him.

You got any knowledge or opinion about how necessary his surgery really was? He seemed to be doing just fine before this injury was discovered. Maybe surgery was only needed for Well to get a good payday selling him.
I watched the documentary, he said that he could of potentially broke down at any time and never played again - or could have been fine.

Don’t think he’s that great aside from a good second half of 18/19, missed almost all of 19/20 and I don’t think Motherwell would be reasonable to deal with either.

We are better using that money elsewhere.

never understand why these threads come up unless there is some rumour that we are interested .
think we'll leave it to stevie g and his team.
they know whats needed i'm sure better than us

I saw the lad walking about Wishaw about 2/3 weeks ago with a knee brace on. Given his surgery was a long time ago and he has been back playing since, their is clearly something not right with his knee. Its a no from me

He was having something removed from it

In this transfer market i think Motherwell will be lucky to get 1 million for him ,the world has changed since last July, injury ,coronavirus, the tims won't pay what they would have last year,,,hes probably heading south,,,the boy has potential to be a good player,but we have heard that before

Moves we make must be for first choice starters who bring a recent experience of winning trophies and the mentality it brings.

Anything else is a waste of time, money & effort and take us no further forward than where we are today.

There’s a good documentary Motherwell TV put together if you’ve got time to watch, about 30mins. Don’t think it was picked up by Norwich medical but obviously team at Rosshall did pick it up. He could have played on and it maight have gone during a match, but he might have played a full career and it didn’t. His surgeon in a London however obviously felt the need for a year out after remedial surgery vs the chances of it happening and severe consequences were high enough To warrant going ahead

In this transfer market i think Motherwell will be lucky to get 1 million for him ,the world has changed since last July, injury ,coronavirus, the tims won't pay what they would have last year,,,hes probably heading south,,,the boy has potential to be a good player,but we have heard that before
I’m certainly hoping so. Down South, back to us and swan song at Motherwell!

Naw for me , looked a right good prospect before his injury

And that's the biggie , his injury , how many players have we took a chance on after an injury ?

This season coming needs our signings to be spot on and ready to roll , no room for doubt , no chances taken

20 years old.

2018/19: 34 games, 16 goals, assists.

Out last season with a knee injury. Was available for £3m, could get him for less given the above.

A goal-scoring midfielder is something that we lack....could Turnbull under the tutelage of Gerrard be the answer?
To partner Hastie?

If this is true then we shouldn't even be thinking about him.

Cracking goal scoring midfielder with bags of potential and 1.5, 2 million would be a steal.

If he was Scandinavian and had performed like that in a european like people on here would be raving.

The mentality of not taking a gamble sometimes is the same reason a lot probably thought John McGinn wouldnt have been good enough to get in our team.

As long as the medical dept have no issues I would love us to take a punt on him

Back