Should we have a Fernando Ricksen Testimonial?

The Blue Iceberg

Apologies if this has already been suggested but I really feel sorry for his wife and daughter after his first wife taking the last of his savings.

We could maybe have it on the next international break and invite former players for a Rangers legends game against a Dutch eleven?

Maybe even split the profits between his family, MND charity and St Andrews Hospice?

Thoughts?

Apologies if this has already been suggested but I really feel sorry for his wife and daughter after his first wife taking the last of his savings.

We could maybe have it on the next international break and invite former players for a Rangers legends game against a Dutch eleven?

Maybe even split the profits between his family, MND charity and St Andrews Hospice?

Thoughts?

I’m all for that

100 per cent and would be great if funds raised can go to his family . Wonder if we have an international break soon where it could be played

Id give all takings to his wife and child. Fernando had that financial fight with his ex and had lost a lot due to her.
Tbh I'm inclined to agree SG, I just thought I would suggest it as an option (of maybe a smaller percentage) because of the money he has already raised for MND and it's maybe the kind of thing that Fernando would do himself?

Fernando was a legend for us and anything that can financially support his family would be great. I and no doubt the rest of us would happily contribute to any fundraising event.

It's what we do when we lose one of our own.

Ibrox would be bursting at the seams, I think the monies would be split between Fernando’s family and MND charities.

Great idea start of the october holidays would be perfect when it’s international break

We should try get a pot going regardless if someone bright enough can figure out the proper way to set it up.

Not being pedantic but it's actually only €1300 pcm mate, can't imagine how hard it must be for them.

Edit... €1300 is £1146 at today's exchange rate, makes me want to cry.
Makes me sick to think the two smack heeds next door who've never worked a day in their lives probably get more than that a month from the government.

What team would be fitting to play against? AZ? Zenit? Dutch select? A legends game of former Rangers teammates vs RoW teammates?

Edit - I see that's in the OP. Somehow missed it...

Least we should do is make sure all his bills are paid ,mortgage paid of and if possible ensure the club and supporters keep in touch if his wife needs a job find her one at Ibrox . Also a nice wee testimonial to put in a trust fund for his daughters future .Think the warrior up above would appreciate that .

apCRF4s.gif

Thoughts?

No, we already had a testimonial when 50k of us attended. It’s wonderful to see all the tributes and hear that the club is looking after the funeral costs. We have lost many former players over the last few years. The Former Players Association is the vehicle we should be developing to ensure we can help when required.

I'm all for it but I think the money should be held in a trust/bond for his daughter for when she reaches the age of deciding if she is going to Uni etc. that money goes towards her further education or at the very least to help with upbringing

Thoughts?
I think this would be appropriate.
Often I don't think certain benefit or testimonial matches are, but this one would be very fitting.

Great idea.

Even better why not try and make a weekend of it with a charity dinner (Friday), then the game itself on the Saturday followed by a QA/piss up on the Sunday to top it off?

No, we already had a testimonial when 50k of us attended. It’s wonderful to see all the tributes and hear that the club is looking after the funeral costs. We have lost many former players over the last few years. The Former Players Association is the vehicle we should be developing to ensure we can help when required.

Ffs mate. Really?

All for this and believe a significant percentage of the profit should go to MND to help the profile of this dreadful illness

Rangers legends v Liverpool legends

Gaffer plays 20 mins for either side in each half.

Gerrard in a Rangers shirt should see more or less a full house.

During one of the international breaks?
That would be a great move, every ticket sold in no time for sure.

Back