Should we have replaced Itten?

londonbluenose

Looking at the bench today we just had Morelos who wasn't 100% as an attacking option.

Was we a bit quick to let Itten go. Now I understand alot of fans including myself are not sure on Itten. But should we of let him go if no replacement was coming in?

I'm sure I see Gerrard wanted one more signing too.. wonder if that was a striker

Don’t think so.

Remember we only have 3 subs in the league, more often than not Itten wouldn’t be getting off the bench IMO.

But are we sufficiently covered in attack?
I think we are.

You can’t keep players just because of hypotheticals such as injury or COVID. We have 4 number 9s at the club, two of those can also play the 10 role but they are number 9s to trade.

Had 5 subs still been available then I think we would have brought someone in.

Ive always liked the idea of us having a big cvnt up front that we can use as a plan b. Didnt think itten was quite strong enough to be that option right enough.

Crazy idea - maybe give one of the young guys a go off the bench ?

What is point of academy and "B" Teams etc if we cannot give one of the potentials an opportunity ?

Why go out and waste even more money on bench warmers just because they are Foreign,

I think we are.

You can’t keep players just because of hypotheticals such as injury or COVID. We have 4 number 9s at the club, two of those can also play the 10 role but they are number 9s to trade.

Had 5 subs still been available then I think we would have brought someone in.
I might be wrong, but it seems JD is less of an option this season. I'd have liked Itten to go and for him to be replaced. Perhaps Gerrard wanted a another striker in as well.

Itten could score against a packed Motherwell defence , if given the chance probably others so maybe should just kept him instead of letting him go or replacing him

We have plenty of options and attacking threat, today's inability to bury a pish side shouldn't have us wishing for yet another option that realistically won't improve us

The big man/target man crowd will say yes, the rest of us will say no we have enough firepower and if we were creating any amount of decent chances this wouldn't even be a discussion

Crazy idea - maybe give one of the young guys a go off the bench ?

What is point of academy and "B" Teams etc if we cannot give one of the potentials an opportunity ?

Why go out and waste even more money on bench warmers just because they are Foreign,
We only seem keen on players who went through the English academy system like many Itten never got a real chance.

Itten knows how to score against M’Well…

But no…He didnt quite fit our system and very doubtful the available strikers in our budget would have been better?

Back