Should we make more/ better use of the big screens?

Big X

Official Ticketer
I know a lot of people are for getting rid of them and putting in seats. But I wonder if we should have more events at Ibrox where we could put the screens to a more effective use, resulting in more revenue. I'm not against them changing for seating but just wondering if we're missing a trick.

Tim games - just show goals against them pre-match and for the full half time, maybe even our huddle and anything g else that might spoil their viewing.

I thought about this the other week and maybe not in the same way you mean.

I've sat in Club Decks back rows for the last couple seasons and can't see the screens from where I sit however I sat in the Sandy Jardine against Hearts and noticed it only shows the game and not replays ( it used to but seemed to cut it off where it normally shows them on RTV).

To be honest I'd much rather have it where it didn't show the game but the team line up and who had been booked while periodically changing to latest scores around the grounds noticed they done that at Hillsborough. To me it doesn't make sense having the game we're watching on the pitch on the screens aswell.

Tim games - just show goals against them pre-match and for the full half time, maybe even our huddle and anything g else that might spoil their viewing.
That sounds like a plan, The hammer knocking out Dumberts teeth, Dallas awarding THAT penalty, winning 9 in a row at Tannadice, a complete montage of our 54 league titles and finishing off with a picture of our Guinness world record while Bruce Springsteen's No Surrender plays over the speakers.

If not then at least give us the half-time scores ;)

Just constantly show Soccer Saturday (Obviously with no volume) will help with keeping track of the Acca for the day.

Everybody is already there to see the game so don't need to show the game, only need to show replays of goals?

Depending on where you sit, you may need to use them to watch the game. I sat in the front row of the Copland for the Hibs play-off game 2 years ago and watched us attacking the Broomloan on the screens as you were too close to the pitch to see the lines, etc.

I would put a ticker bar with the latest scores on the screens, mind you.

It's actually embarrassing listening to players drone on or some other pish like weans slaughtering Ibrox 1 minute before the teams come out.

I hate that major incidents can't be replayed for fear of riots - more so now when fans can view incidents on their phones seconds later

Not that bothered about other scores I can check that on my phone.

THAT video aside the whole Rangers TV is something I feel is part of the matchday and wouldnt change it that much. Its a nice tradition

I hate that major incidents can't be replayed for fear of riots - more so now when fans can view incidents on their phones seconds later

THAT video aside the whole Rangers TV is something I feel is part of the matchday and wouldnt change it that much. Its a nice tradition

You barely make out what's being said though

Another user on the previous board once posted about their unhappiness with the Half time draw and how some of the younger bears would have no idea who some of the ex-players were and what their accomplishments were. I thought it was valid.

My suggestion for halftime at least is to show clips of their greatest accomplishments (if possible) and list their honors, appearances etc.

For during the game, scores around the league and current stats with replays of our goals would be good.

Another user on the previous board once posted about their unhappiness with the Half time draw and how some of the younger bears would have no idea who some of the ex-players were and what their accomplishments were. I thought it was valid.

My suggestion for halftime at least is to show clips of their greatest accomplishments (if possible) and list their honors, appearances etc.
Considering the calibre of ex-player the halftime draw attracts, we should definitely be making more of an effort. Showing clips and giving them a half-decent interview would be a good shout.

Can't even load livescore on ee never mind watching replays of incidents. :rolleyes:

Back