Should we not be strengthening in this transfer window?

Absolute rubbish, what they do have is cheating officials. Otherwise we are better than then all over the pitch and showed it in the cup final and the last game vs then. Lennon's scattergun approach for over priced poor players like that shite Pole who seems like a hugely over priced project are hardly changing that, more likely to bring more disharmony with their over paid, bloated squad. Especially with Thumb there competing with him for a place in the team.

If we strengthen great, we strengthen but I'd trust in Gerrard's decisions, we are more than good enough to do the job as is.
Correct, we can't go out & buy a referee, but yesterday did prove that we can't have anybody not being at the races, we don't have that luxury!

Absolute rubbish, what they do have is cheating officials. Otherwise we are better than then all over the pitch and showed it in the cup final and the last game vs then. Lennon's scattergun approach for over priced poor players like that shite Pole who seems like a hugely over priced project are hardly changing that, more likely to bring more disharmony with their over paid, bloated squad. Especially with Thumb there competing with him for a place in the team.

If we strengthen great, we strengthen but I'd trust in Gerrard's decisions, we are more than good enough to do the job as is.

I agree with you about refereeing decisions Allan, and do agree our best 11 is better than theirs, but there are a few positions where we dramatically suffer when our first choice players are out :

Morelos
Tavernier
Barisic
Kent

The midfielders we have managed to get through so far but the seasons far from over.

I felt that we could ship out 8 in this window & not miss any of them, but I also felt that we needed cover for our fullbacks, hopefully a two footed guy, a striker with strength & pace, and another Offensive midfielder / forward.

The scums money has allowed them more cover than us.

I know that finances will be stretched and the Board have been magnificent.
However, I believe that two players in now to have a real go for the rest of the season will be money that the investors can easily recoup in the summer through the sale of one particular asset.
If all went well, they might also be looking at a chance of Champions League money, nevermind that Ibrox will be sold out next season ...again.

And of course Bilko the flip side in the east end would mean no CL money AGAIN and a further big sale being needed.

Winning this league could be ‘house of cards’ day & im really disappointed we aren’t seeing that opportunity on the business side of things.

How do you sign a decent striker when they know they won't even make the bench most weeks?
You can only do that if you accelerate any plans you have for the summer. Bring in the summer plans to now...if possible.
If it's just an afterthought for be.. it's no use. Nobody decent will come to be backup on a temporary loan arrangement .

How much have we saved in wages this month alone? If the Mexican goes then we might get a loanee in but I can’t see us buying as it’s always hard to buy quality in Jan

We would need to start a transfer now to get it over the line before the transfer window closes, papes fly a boy in and sign him, we have epic adventure and time to sign someone.

There is no point in buying players just because the paedos have. The focus should be on why our starting 11 haven't turned up since the winter break. Why is that?

I agree with you about refereeing decisions Allan, and do agree our best 11 is better than theirs, but there are a few positions where we dramatically suffer when our first choice players are out :

Morelos
Tavernier
Barisic
Kent

The midfielders we have managed to get through so far but the seasons far from over.

I felt that we could ship out 8 in this window & not miss any of them, but I also felt that we needed cover for our fullbacks, hopefully a two footed guy, a striker with strength & pace, and another Offensive midfielder / forward.

The scums money has allowed them more cover than us.
Yeah I'd agree with you on cover and last night kind of highlighted that. Hopefully we can at least bring in a loan or two. I still feel we are in with a great shout if we don't but it's time to twist if we can.

Defoe was off the pace and we have no cover for Borna. A striker and left back needed and the main players need to step up.

A few days left and we have fucked any realistic chances of a league title. Gerrard must have his head in the clouds if he thinks he has enough quality and depth to win a league!!!!!!! We lack some serious strength in midfield and wide areas along with a CF who can mix it up. He was let down by the the majority of the cowards whos wore the jersey yesterday against this seasons whipping boys. League titles are determined by scrapping results when performances are bad, something we are incapable of.

If the gaffer sees a squad containing Ojo, Flanagan, Halliday for example as strength n depth then deary me we are onto a hiding to nothing. Add into the mix Morelos inability to screw the nut which is costing us dearly, some fans can't see past his goals etc and I understand but by %^*& the guys a liability which costs us games by having to rely on others.

Take a look at Celtic who have strengthened and also had an already strong squad with numbers present to see it through. They are on a run post winter break and even with 3 tough games coming up I cant see them slipping up.

Over to u Rangers, surprise us by bringing some quality, which is near impossible in this window, in or it's goodbye to being league contenders yet again

I wonder if Armstrong from Southampton would come on loan till the end of the season I don’t think he’s getting game time and would certainly give us another option final third as he can score goals from midfield.

Hoping Gerrard pulls a couple of rabbits out the hat but it seems to have gone quiet. We cant look back and think a signing in Jan would have been the difference. Lets have no regrets for the last 16 games.

I wonder if Armstrong from Southampton would come on loan till the end of the season I don’t think he’s getting game time and would certainly give us another option final third as he can score goals from midfield.

He's currently getting a game and has been in excellent form for a very good Southampton side. We won't be signing Stuart Armstrong.

Back