Should we rotate after old firm?

sdp02

Aside from Europe and the old firm should we give more opportunities to youth/fringe players. Going unbeaten in the league would be a fantastic achievement however should we rotate and potentially risk momentum?

Yes i would however most if not all of our most promising young players are all out on loan would like to see guys like defoe & stewart and the 2 new lads wright & simpson get more starts though

I know we want to keep on winning but what a slap in the face to the Tims if we fielded a youth team against them to humiliate them

I'll be happy with whatever the backroom staff decide. They seem to know what they are doing haha

Won't change too much but aye, a wee bit more than we might have. Protect some lads for Europe and let others get their medals who haven't enough appearances yet. Wright playing ahead of Kent is one of the more obvious ones for me, and McLaughlin will quite rightly appear ahead of mcgregor for a game of 2 to get his medal. Bassey ahead of Borna another possible as long as the gaffer is happy with his application after the issues. That kinda thing. Don't think we are expecting Barjonas or King to be starting week in week out. The one exception will be Patterson - there's no reason to rush Tav back now so the captain can enjoy a well earner rest as he gets back up to speed and let wee Nathan build up his stock. He could be in a euro squad by the end of the season yet!

I think he will make at least 2 or 3 changes per game, especially if we remain in Europe imo. McGlauchlin, Wright, Bassey (if still available), Itten, Defoe, Roofe, Jack, Simpson, just off the top of my head, will definitely start certain League and lower level cup games. He will also view it as a way of rewarding the squad players for all their efforts and support this season and to boost morale, if that's even feasible now we've won the league.

Yes. Full starting 11 in Europe and Cup. No reason we can't see more game time for a couple of the subs. Just keep the spine of the team in-place.

If we get to QF of the EL then yes. The financial and coefficient benefits that will bring are more valuable to us. Winning the Scottish Cup would be a lovely bonus to an excellent season

club maybe get 25 medals or so, and share them based on appearances or Stevie G wishes.

when games 2 or 3 up then quicker subs makes sense now

I’m a fan of playing strongest XI but we have a few injury prone guys and a few new arrivals still to get their chance to prove themselves. The undefeated thing is probably the last remaining thing they can gloat at but given our defeat to St Mirren they have bragging rights on invincibles already so why not look at the bigger picture for us and fuk what they care about.

That was my thinking. Correct if wrong but Stewart has only played 3 or 4 times. What is it to get a medal 5 or 10 games?
Must play in 25% of games, so 10 required.

Stewart can't get a medal as he has only played in 3 games, with 6 remaining.

To get a medal:
McLaughlin needs to play in 1 game.
Bassey needs to play in 3 games.
Patterson & Wright need to play in all 6 games.

Of the players out on loan, only Barker has played enough games to get a medal.

If still in Europe at the time yes.

I'd take some dropped points domestically for a chance at getting to a semi final or final of the Europa league.

Now that the pressure is off, I think we will give them an absolute hiding. After that, the odd player here and there being rested shouldn’t hurt us.

I'd like to see wright, Simpson, bassey, itten and mclaughlan used in the league games after the celtic game especially if we are still in with a shout in Europe.

Straight from the rules:

C39 The Company shall present to the Champion Club of the League 25 League Championship Medals for Players, other staff and Officials. Additional League Championship Medals may be purchased from the Company with the prior consent of the Board. Only those Players who participated in 25% or more of the League Matches for the Champion Club in the relevant Season will be eligible to receive such medals.

So 10 games is the '25%' that has been mentioned. It isn't really clear if you have to have participated in 25% or more to receive one of the 25 allocated medals we can give to all the players/staff, or only to the ones the club can purchase additionally.

This is a great opportunity to get the likes of Bassey, Zungu, Wright, Itten & Simpson gametime.

Not necessarily at the same time, but it gives them an opportunity to stake a claim for more gametime next year, keeps our players fresh for the Europa league (assuming we get through), and also match fit in case the worst happens and a key starter goes down with injuries.

All depends on European progress ,if we stay in players will be rested and rotated

Scottish Cup too depending on opponents

This for me, need to keep things ticking over, we might find Davis for example playing 30 mins in the league instead of the full game, but I want to win the Scottish Cup and to do that well need to keep at it.

I reckon we will also see wright start for kent a few times.

Aside from Europe and the old firm should we give more opportunities to youth/fringe players. Going unbeaten in the league would be a fantastic achievement however should we rotate and potentially risk momentum?
Yes

As enticing as this sounds I’d rather go for the unbeaten run

Personally, I'd be rotating. We need to know what we have to work with next season.
The Hamilton game showed that when first picks aren't there, we struggle. We will likely sell a couple at end of season and what then? I'd rather give a few players on the fringes a chance to shine as it'll tell us how much we need to spend in summer.

I’m a fan of playing strongest XI but we have a few injury prone guys and a few new arrivals still to get their chance to prove themselves. The undefeated thing is probably the last remaining thing they can gloat at but given our defeat to St Mirren they have bragging rights on invincibles already so why not look at the bigger picture for us and fuk what they care about.

how can a team that lost their first game of the season away to Lincoln Red Imps claim to be invincible?

Hapoel beat them, Barcelona beat them twice including a 7 nil doing, Monchengladbach also beat them.

so they were invincible in all the games they didn’t get beat in.

They won only 3 out of 12 European games that season, That is how tactically astute tippex teeth was.

We chose to prioritise, no one really gives a sh!t about the league cup, in hindsight if we knew they would collapse we wouldn’t have played a weakend team against st mirren. They were out of Europe by November that year, they didn’t have to prioritise. We wanted the league and progression in Europe more than a cup no one would be allowed in to see us win and a fixture backlog.

yes it would have been nice to get some silverware but do you think winning that was going to help attract players or the fact we are making a name again for ourselves in Europe, and amassing more money from Europe than we will ever make domestically.

Going unbeaten in the league would be great, but at the end of the day everyone wants to beat the champions but if it was a choice of losing every game post split to the top six this season and not to they teams next season I know what I‘d want.

Make good use of the 5 sub rule this season. No reason why we cant start our best 11 and rotate after an hour. That should keep everyone on their game without burning them out.

100%. To add to that, right now if we're 1-0 up or at 0-0, we generally don't make many subs until very late on to try to sustain momentum. We can make subs earlier now, and rest more players by bringing them off earlier, with the pressure off.

Why change a winning formula. We have a well oiled machine.

I'd like roofe to be re introduced a lot slower this time round is my only ask but I think the key to keeping everyone hungry is to do what we've done to this point.

Mclaughlin deserves a few games imo was excellent in his run at the start of the season an extended run for Itten Wright and Simpson will set us up nicely for next season

Europe is where the money is and the club is dependent to a certain extent on that.

The league is done and dusted and the rest of the matches are for bragging rights only. The Scottish Cup is a nice to have but there is no money in it.

So we need to be focused on getting through this next round in the EL and if that means rotation then so be it.

To get a medal:

Of the players out on loan, only Barker has played enough games to

To get a medal:

Of the players out on loan, only Barker has played enough games to get a medal.
25%of 38 games is9games us 9 an over

Yes, we don't need several changes to starting line ups, but this is the time for match experience to be gained.

medals can be purchased, the most important thing is Europe and the Scottish cup and then building momentum for next season. Keep Players ticking over, wright for kent, Defoe / Itten for Alfie for example but not wholesale changes. The fringe players must be given time as they’ve not complained or moaned but have merited a chance.

Yes. Bigger fish to fry than the league now. Not for rotation sake though, need to keep fresh and keep our form good for the Europa and SC.

medals can be purchased, the most important thing is Europe and the Scottish cup and then building momentum for next season. Keep Players ticking over, wright for kent, Defoe / Itten for Alfie for example but not wholesale changes. The fringe players must be given time as they’ve not complained or moaned but have merited a chance.
I have a feeling our manager will insist that everyone associated with 55 gets a medal - whether they be playing staff or back room staff.

Reactions: hms
Back