• No

Votes: 303 46.7%
  • Don’t need him

Votes: 133 20.5%
  • Who?

Votes: 14 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If the manager thinks he can add value I wouldn't be against it. On the face of it he would be a low cost punt for cover for the business end of the season. On the flip side maybe we'd be looking for a more "proven" goalscorer at a higher level to help deliver 55.

Voted yes anyhow.

Went for no. Dont get me wrong he’s been scoring goals for fun but i just think hes not good enough.

Hes reminds me of Nicky Clarke too much.

Is be better than Alfredo - No
Is he better than Defoe - No

I think you have your answer.
I agree but we could sign a player for £5m+ who isn't as good as those to. That doesn't mean Shankland would be a success but it doesn't mean he wouldn't be useful either.

FWIW is probably prefer a more proven goalscorer at a higher level to come in as cover but I wouldn't be against Shankland.

Beyond the question marks about ability he’d get about 3 minutes of game time with Morelos and Defoe ahead of him.

We could have taken him for nothing, why wait another few months, decide to sign him and pay a big fee?

Doesn’t make any sense whatsoever, he’s nowhere near good enough in any case.

Haven’t really watched him but getting called up to the international squad from the 2nd tier is genuinely impressive no matter how bad Scotland are.

No

We have 2 top class strikers

I think our third choice striker we should be looking. To use one of the young lads.

Who better to learn from than Jermain Defoe?

I think we should sign another striker next summer when it's likely either Alfie or Defoe may leave,but it needs to be someone of a much higher calibre than Shankland.

Should we win 55 and somehow negotiate into the CL proper I would hope that we could really go after someone a bit special.

If he keeps banging them in, shows what he can do on the international stage and Gerrard wants him then I wont be against it tbh.

voted yes if only because if alfie continues on this upward spiral he'll be gone and we'll need goals to win the title

If we were going to sign him then we should have done so last year(for less money) and avoided putting money into the coffers of the vile Dundee Hibs.

We could then have loaned him out to a comparable, or team in a better league than Ayr Utd, to see how he fared. If it didn't work out I'm sure we could have sold him on for a profit.

Think the Shankland ship has sailed although it would have been gratifying to see a Rangers Fan scoring for Rangers.

The amount of goals Morelos and Defoe will score this season is frightening, but I still feel we could do with a third option incase of injurys

No.

He wouldn't get near a matchday squad, at 24 sitting in the stands isn't going to do him any good, he's not a patch on the strikers we have and I would question his ability to fit into our team - he's not exactly a good technical player who can hold up the ball, bully defenders, drift out wide, come deep to pick up the ball. Not sure he's got the intelligence, movement or work rate either.

If, when Morelos leaves, we need better than Shankland. I fail to see how a player like Shankland fits in to our style of play?

I see shankland as a prospect, can he do it at a higher level we don’t really know.

Are we at a stage that we take risks with a player who we would need to score goals who will be a bit of a gamble??

I would like to think we are beyond having to take a punt on a player that plays in such an important position.

goal keepers and strikers are positions you have to limit risk, I think he would be a risk and wouldn’t want to put league success on his shoulders

Does he have the mentality to play for a club like Rangers?(Win every game, big crowds etc). How would he do in a team that has to play against pack defences with hardly any space?

I want to remind people that Jason Holt scored about 15 goals in the championship, unless he proves himself in the Spl we should not be judging him on Championship goals

I'd say yes as we don't really have a proper out-and-out goalscorer outside of Morelos and Defoe. Shankland would be a decent option for back up for them, and would be a good signing in the long run as Defoe won't be here forever. He's only 24 and can only get better with age.

voted yes if only because if alfie continues on this upward spiral he'll be gone and we'll need goals to win the title
So you think to win the title if Alfie leaves then shankland would be the one to replace his goals??

Our 2 strikers have scored over 25 goals in all competitions between them so far this season and there’s still a weekly thread about signing a Scottish Championship striker.

If he was scoring these goals for Ayr, maybe get him in if low fee and wages.

We should never do business with Dundee Tesco again.

Tough one it wont look great if we spend a lot of money on him when he should have been signed for 0.... but then Shankland is a right goalscorer that will continue to improve and a Rangers supporter.

Guess it depends what the cost is i cant see it being cheap hes taking utd back up and must be worth a couple of million quid already.

Our 2 strikers have scored over 25 goals in all competitions between them so far this season and there’s still a weekly thread about signing a Scottish Championship striker.

Can have more than 2 strikers and i dont see why the championship is used against Shankland could also say hes about to play at international level.

Absolutely not. He wouldn’t get near our team and his career development would go south. We have the 2 beat strikers in the country, no need for anyone else for now.

Back