• No

Votes: 303 46.7%
  • Don’t need him

Votes: 133 20.5%
  • Who?

Votes: 14 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Banging the goals in at Championship level but didn't do anything of note in the Premiership.

If he wasn't good enough for the sheep, he won't be good enough for us.

He's also 24 so not a kid. I'd rather that we promoted one of our own promising youngsters.

I'm probably one of the more liberal supporters when it comes to relations with Dundee United but even I would balk at paying them the £2m they want for him. This place would be in full on meltdown.

Hope we do, for all you bipolar lunatics to change your tune in a week.

Never a Rangers player

No
1. I wouldnt give dundee utd any money
2 .dont think hes good enough for rangers
3.if we are going for a 3rd striker option the lad dykes would be better as hes a target man and different to morelos & defoe

I believe if we do go for a 3rd striker he should be a different option, not just a back up. To me that’s what our peripheral/youth players are for. Shankland to me seems like a poor mans Defoe in all honesty. I’d rather a more aerial threat striker

It would depend for me on how much if he has a release clause then potentially.

If Dundee United are going not well clear in the league more so Yes as they’d go into meltdown.

Even if Shankland never kicked a ball for us but United failed to get promoted that would be worth the fee alone for me.

Sign him up for a modest fee then let Dundee Hibs keep him on loan for the season as part of the deal.

He’s not the kind of striker we need. If we are to bring in another striker I’d like a target man type.

Yes, on the basis that:

Morelos will likely be sold next summer
Defoe will have possibly one more season after this in him
It will be a relatively low fee

Do folk who are giving indepth opinion on how good/not so good he is watch Dundee United regularly to formulate their opinions?

So you think to win the title if Alfie leaves then shankland would be the one to replace his goals??

not entirely but every signing carries a risk , you'd think with the amount of chances we create signing a natural goalscorer wouldn't be the worse move we ever made

He played against us 18 months ago and hardly touched the ball ,

Wouldn’t give those scumbags a penny either.

Under what circumstance?

If Alfie and JD are here and fit he’d never play
If Alfie is off we need better and we’ll have £20m to get it. I’d be pissed off if we gave Dundee Hibernian £20k
If Alfie or JD has a niggly injury and we’re top of the league but need someone to be on the bench for a few weeks then see what happens- I’m all for it and I’d suffer spending a couple of hundred grand with those chunts if he scored an important goal or two. Then again, the way we’re playing Jason Cummings might be cheaper and equally capable of doing the same job for a few weeks:)

Yes but on a pre contract, if available. We pay over the odds for Scottish footballers and Id honestly not deal with Dundee Utd again. People need to think back to how their chairman acted from 2009 to 2015, how they consistently tried to take advantage of us when we were most vulnerable and how their dundonian sister shagging, horrible pikey fans acted as well.

Wouldnt touch him with a bargepole we are the famous Galsgow Rangers chasing 55 we require a much higher calibre of player now the bar has been set. Potential is fine but hes not the answer weve moved on from signing guys like that IMO

No
1. I wouldnt give dundee utd any money
2 .dont think hes good enough for rangers
3.if we are going for a 3rd striker option the lad dykes would be better as hes a target man and different to morelos & defoe
Not having a go but I don’t see Dykes doing anything Morelos doesn’t do better. He’s taller but not great in the air. He upsets defenders- Alfie fucking terrifies them.

I’ve been saying it for ages - Morelos is the prototype modern striker. He has pace, strength, attitude, work rate, and awareness.

He had 3 relative weaknesses and he’s apparently cured 2 of them- discipline, and the ability to forget misses. He’s probably got too much fire in the heart to develop ice in the brain but if he does he’ll be a £50m rather than £20m striker

How about instead looking like he is a replacement to Morelos he comes in as a replacement for Grezda in terms of extra player, wages, etc…?
If Grezda ever leaves!

sign him then loan him back out to an SPFL or English championship side and monitor his further progress
This would be interesting to be fair. Over the years Celtic have always done this better (to varying degrees of success admittedly!!!)

No , we had our chance to take a punt on him at the summer for the price of nothing, I would not want us to give anything to they mentally challenged barstewards and anyway they would add a million on to what anyone else is offering just because its us so feck them

He was on a free and teams had near enough 6 months to decide. The best he could do was a championship team in the end.

I've not seen him play but when you think of it like that^

Does he have the mentality to play for a club like Rangers?(Win every game, big crowds etc). How would he do in a team that has to play against pack defences with hardly any space?
All valid questions that we don’t know the answer to.
If we picked him up in the summer for free then it wouldn’t have been any risk at all but he would probably now cost a lot of cash, Dundee Utd won’t want to lose their top scorer, especially to us.

I wish this guy well, but he’s nowhere near the level of us and to be honest I’m getting sick of the threads on him. He gets promoted with Scumdee Utd and begins to bang them in then it’s a possibility, but I doubt that.

No chance. Get him in an SPL team and see how he does for a season before even considering looking at him as a 3rd striker.

At the moment we have very talented youngsters coming through, that's what we should be focusing on for back up to Morelos and Defoe

Granted the lad has ability you don't score as many goals as he has if you don't have something....the level he is scoring at though needs to be taken into account. You also hand to question his choice of staying to play at the same level when he was out of contract....

No , we had our chance to take a punt on him at the summer for the price of nothing, I would not want us to give anything to they mentally challenged barstewards and anyway they would add a million on to what anyone else is offering just because its us so feck them
Scumdee Utd are getting no more than 500 grand if they punt him.....who the %^*& pays anything near 1m for a guy scoring in the scottish championship?

He isnt what were looking for , just another body in.
If we werent going to sign him 4 months ago then why now.
A free then maybe a million or , typical Rangers if we did that.

He wouldn't be worth what we'd need to pay for him

They would make it very difficult for us to deal with them

Defoe is 37 and Morelos will be away in either January or hopefully but absolute latest, next summer.

Not my wish, but a simple truth nonetheless.

Scumdee Utd are getting no more than 500 grand if they punt him.....who the %^*& pays anything near 1m for a guy scoring in the scottish championship?
Read my post again, if we were in a race to sign him alongside say hearts and they were quoted 400k they Dundee cunts would tell us they would want 1,400k for him as that’s the type of club they are, I never said we would pay that amount

I think Id rather see Dykes of Livingston as a backup striker but hes got a reasonable length on his contract so Im not sure Id be keen to spend a transfer fee on him (or Shankland for that matter)

Back