Should we start Davis on Sunday?

I would play him on the right of a narrow midfield four to really tighten the midfield. Something like:

McCrorie
Davis Jack Kamara

I would give Grezda a free role in behind Morelos. Gives us the chance to be solid in the midfield but break with precision and pace (they won’t know what to expect with Grezda).
Erm. nobody will know what to expect from Grezda LOL.

Grezda is a bit of a maverick admittedly but we don’t get much out of Kent these days and Candeias is the most predictable player of all time, and also largely useless in the final third.

Grezda has a touch of class about him, we have nothing to lose in this game. He could be the number 10 we’ve been crying out for.

No need to experiment with the front three in this game. Going forward yes but not in this game.

Kent tore them apart last game and Candeias albeit out of form will put a shift in. We need fast counterattacks too which will come from both of these players.

We have nothing to lose in this game? That's a nonsense statement mate. I want the best team out there against the filth and to win everytime.

He was best player on the park for us v killie then was outstanding for N Ireland. I wouldnt rule him out just yet

If you think that was an outstanding performance for N Ireland then I get your point but in reality it was an ok performance, he has been poor since he signed and I certainly wouldn't trust him in this fixture.

I like Davis but like all good players, he now on the downward spiral

As above.

I just think with his experience in this game and what it means to him it might be worth the risk.

He also had a man of match performance against Belarus in a more defensive midfield role so his confidence will be high.

I would personally start him in place of Jack in the holding midfield role.

What's everyone's thoughts?

Not for me, I have'nt seen enough from him this season to justify throwing him into what will be a battle in midfield. We need strength, desire and a total committment to winning every single personal battle in midfield on Sunday, and I don't see SD offering enough of those qualities, if any. Sunday isn't a day for risk taking. It's a day to look your opponent in the eye and say, "F*ck you, you're not getting the better of me today." Win those personal battles, and we create space to play and win the game. We won't win without everyone on the pitch having that attitude.

Ok why not give your opinion on what you think the best midfield would be then? Or is that all youv got for your argument?

My thoughts are international football is a bit pish... loads of the teams aren't very good it's quite a weirdo platform to play players.

I wouldn't even have Davis in the squad on Sunday, game will pass him by I feel.
That's my concern. Need mobility in the middle to match them and I'm not sure Davis has that any mirem

Back