Show Racism the Red Card apologises to Club 1872

Scrubs UK

This morning, representatives from Club 1872 met with officials from the anti-racism charity, Show Racism the Red Card (SRtRC). The meeting was organised after SRtRC were publicly associated with the blogger, Phil Mac Giolla Bhain.

Speaking after the meeting at SRtRC offices, Club 1872 director, Laura Fawkes said: “We were invited to meet SRtRC after we raised concerns about their public association with Phil Mac Giolla Bhain – a blogger who regularly uses offensive language about Rangers supporters. Nicola Hay, Campaign Manager with SRtRC conceded that they should not have associated with Phil Mac Giolla Bhain. Nicola Hay also accepted full accountability and apologised to Club 1872 and the wider Rangers community”.

Laura Fawkes added; “ Nicola Hay assured us that she spoke to Mr Mac Giolla Bhain about his regular use of appalling and dehumanising language. I was pleased to hear that she invited Phil Mac Giolla Bhain to apologise and asked him to retract his hate filled comments. We note that no retraction or apology has yet been forthcoming”.

Club 1872 member Alasdair Morrison, who accompanied Laura Fawkes said: “We are grateful to SRtRC for their straight forward and honest approach to this unpleasant episode. Nicola Hay rightly conceded their association with Phil Mac Giolla Bhain has ‘severely tainted’ the image of the charity.

“The noble aims of SRtRC should be supported by all across football and wider society. We look forward to working with Nicola Hay and her team at SRtRC on future campaigns.”

http://club1872.co.uk/news/show-racism-the-red-card-apologises-to-club-1872/

“ Nicola Hay assured us that she spoke to Mr Mac Giolla Bhain about his regular use of appalling and dehumanising language. I was pleased to hear that she invited Phil Mac Giolla Bhain to apologise and asked him to retract his hate filled comments. We note that no retraction or apology has yet been forthcoming”.

True to mentally challenged form.

An apology and the truth sought, nothing forthcoming.

A shameful fu(kin stain on this country.

They are off their heads if they think STRTCS have "straight forward and honest approach" - Hay's article following the expose was full of more holes than my old granny's colander.

Will they be 'looking forward to working' on supposedly anti-racist campaigns promoted by those with an IRA agenda looking to hide support for terrorism behind the use of the word Irish?

Wasn't Nicola Hay the bint who followed three names and other Rangers haters n social media?
Indeed she was and claimed she wasn't aware of his previous, She's a lying bastard and the rep from club 1872 should have took her to task on this given she would have been aware of his abuse aimed at Rangers supporters as you rightly pointed out she follows him,reads his blogs and then invites him to the office.

All this softly softly approach is doing my tits in.

Indeed she was and claimed she wasn't aware of his previous, She's a lying bastard and the rep from club 1872 should have took her to task on this given she would have been aware of his abuse aimed at Rangers supporters as you rightly pointed out she follows him,reads his blogs and then invites him to the office.

All this softly softly approach is doing my tits in.

We should have demanded her resignation.

Just got the email from them, as has been said, it shows what a fkn joke show racism the red card is. Our club was the first to sign a black player, welcomed with open arms I may add, been signing catholics for over quarter of a century, had both a Catholic manager and captain. All these groups are interested in is discrediting Scottish Protestant/Presbyterianism as are the SNP as some kind of ancient cult no longer welcome in this country. I think our support and club has gone to great lengths to try and eliminate sectarianism, which I believe will never be fully eradicated. There’s still a “Tourette’s” after Rangers score with the billy boys, but the sectarianism runs both ways with guys like philmacrackin. It’s all this “och they’re only daft Irish” attitude and “they were oppressed”. That is now ancient history, and currently my belief that our people are being discriminated against ie SNP and Glasgow city council being 2 entities among others at the crux of it.

If they wish to retain any credibility at all she must go, her position is untenable.
Correct sir and some of these groups need an investigation as to why they employ people who follow and communicate with known bigots, You only have to look back at another organisation called FARE who divulged the names of Rangers supporters who made complaints and sent all their personal information to Celtc to deal with it and in doing so they broke the data protection laws and were rightly pulled for it, But given a slap on the wrist.

If that information had got into the wrong hands we can only imagine what would have happened.

Well, we shouldn't give up on the fact that she clearly did know what he was like and what he had to say on a regular basis. Not only that, if she didn't it was her job to find out before she let him play any part or even through the door.

Good work from Club 1872 but this is yet another sham organisation that actually condones racism as long as it is aimed at the appropriate ‘ culprits ‘.

Just got the email from them, as has been said, it shows what a fkn joke show racism the red card is. Our club was the first to sign a black player, welcomed with open arms I may add, been signing catholics for over quarter of a century, had both a Catholic manager and captain. All these groups are interested in is discrediting Scottish Protestant/Presbyterianism as are the SNP as some kind of ancient cult no longer welcome in this country. I think our support and club has gone to great lengths to try and eliminate sectarianism, which I believe will never be fully eradicated. There’s still a “Tourette’s” after Rangers score with the billy boys, but the sectarianism runs both ways with guys like philmacrackin. It’s all this “och they’re only daft Irish” attitude and “they were oppressed”. That is now ancient history, and currently my belief that our people are being discriminated against ie SNP and Glasgow city council being 2 entities among others at the crux of it.
Now that you've vented... Can you tell us about the email ? We've also been signing catholics for far longer than the last quarter of a century, Way way longer.

These are the actions of a charity that knows it has harmed its chance of Scottish government funding. Full damage limitation mode. But will it be enough ...

Now that you've vented... Can you tell us about the email ? We've also been signing catholics for far longer than the last quarter of a century, Way way longer.
It’s at the top of the thread, I’m not allowed to “vent “ or something

Rab..Wee word in your shell, The Rangers signed Rc's before IRA fitba club where formed.

Go on you for chasing them though.

It’s at the top of the thread, I’m not allowed to “vent “ or something
You said in your post you just got an email, You got an email from SRTRC or Club 1872 ?
Well, we shouldn't give up on the fact that she clearly did know what he was like and what he had to say on a regular basis. Not only that, if she didn't it was her job to find out before she let him play any part or even through the door.
It's actually quite absurd that given this woman's position in this organisation she thinks things should just be forgotten about now she's explained and given no more than a mealy mouthed apology. This is akin to an organisation against child abuse running to Spiers asking for a comment, Given his comments in regards to the Hearts player who was done for it.

Everything he tries his hand at turns to shit.
I still laugh at his " Death threats" claiming his life was in danger and then proceeded to tell people were he would be in Blantyre with McConville and Brennan, The guy lives in a complete fantasy land.

Are SRtRC a private funded organization? If not what makes them thing they can run with some pathetic private apology?

At the end of the email it says Club 1872 look forward to working with Nicola Hay and SRTRC in the future.

Just went on their Scottish website.
The first thing you see is Mark Hately and Mark Walters promoting one of their events.
It is clear that an apology has been issued.
It’s clear that 3 names has been dumped.
It is clear that they are the biggest anti racist group in UK football.
We should support their initiatives but always be alive to the possibility that others may try to infiltrate it with their own agenda.
I think club 1872 should be congratulated for getting this matter resolved.

Well done C1872 for pursuing an apology from the sham of an organisation. 3names and the Protestant haters will be frothing, which is always a good state to see them in.

I have yet to see any public apology from SRtRC, and to top it off we give them more advertising in training this morning.

Just went on their Scottish website.
The first thing you see is Mark Hately and Mark Walters promoting one of their events.
It is clear that an apology has been issued.
It’s clear that 3 names has been dumped.
It is clear that they are the biggest anti racist group in UK football.
We should support their initiatives but always be alive to the possibility that others may try to infiltrate it with their own agenda.
I think club 1872 should be congratulated for getting this matter resolved.
You think we should support initatives ? The same organisation who didn't utter a word on a Scottish football players racist comments which led to him being convicted, Not a word from them about the same player telling an Asian guy to go back to his own country and nothing about the racist comment's towards an Aberdeen player from a Celtc player which he also was given a football ban for his remarks.. Not one word from them.

After the woman Hay being exposed as a liar i can't take them seriously at all.

You think we should support initatives ? The same organisation who didn't utter a word on a Scottish football players racist comments which led to him being convicted, Not a word from them about the same player telling an Asian guy to go back to his own country and nothing about the racist comment's towards an Aberdeen player from a Celtc player which he also was given a football ban for his remarks.. Not one word from them.

After the woman Hay being exposed as a liar i can't take them seriously at all.
What would you suggest we do instead ?

It sticks in my craw , I'm aware that Nationally Show Racism the Red Card is a decent organisation but up here it has obviously been infiltrated by Bigots like this woman Hay. They appear like decent individuals but underneath her thin skin of appearing respectable she is the usual hate filled bigot that can't see that the people she is supposed to expose is in actual fact people like herself. I know that 1872 have to play the long game but in this instance they should be asking her boss to remove her , her own social media timeline should be enough to have her sacked and exposed as a liar and bigot.

Back