Si Ferry meets Kyle Lafferty

Here we go, I'll watch it later. I bet there's some stories come out of this one.

I'm probably one of very few who really liked Lafferty.Not a great player but a Rangers man and that helps in my eyes.Anyone who went to certain games at Easter Road and Rugby Park will know what the club means to him
5 goals in 3 title winning games over 3 years. Better players have contributed a lot less. Will always have a soft spot for him.

having spent time with the gazelle here in Canada, i've a definite soft spot fore him. Hes been over twice in the past 4yrs.
I took some swag round for him to sign..including a "king billys on the wall"..t-shirt... i cajoled him into putting it on..so we could send a photo to his brother in law... he shook his head and laughed...fair play to him for knowing how mental the press and the east end would go....

to this day..I'll never understand when SG said, "i pick my team from those who showed up in training"..Kyle's response was "i never train well"..... furrfuxxsakes KL if that's what the gaffer wants, then get the fekk in there....

word is he'll be playing abroad, when things get back to a new normal

Gave us some good memories, although the fact my main memory of him in his second spell was almost scoring a 30-yarder against Villarreal when we were down to ten at Ibrox probably says it all. Should be good stories in it, looking forward to it.

Like others have said,his attitude and application was all wrong hence why he didn't make it with us...but I do like him tbh.
His non reaction when he scored that free kick against us at Murrayfield and his total reaction when he scored against the Tims proved he certainly is one of us.
He's had other issues too that he's had to deal with and I wish him all the best.

5 goals in 3 title winning games over 3 years. Better players have contributed a lot less. Will always have a soft spot for him.

He always turned it on during the split it always usually guaranteed him to stay then he fell back into his usual self.

One of the most frustrating players I've seen play for us that was in his first spell.

As for the second spell it was a disaster that was predicted by few and largely ignored by many.

He always turned it on during the split it always usually guaranteed him to stay then he fell back into his usual self.

One of the most frustrating players I've seen play for us that was in his first spell.

As for the second spell it was a disaster that was predicted by few and largely ignored by many.
TBF I’m sure buying a 6ft 4 centre forward and punting him to the left wing didn’t help his development too much either. Everything you’ve said is accurate though mate.

The last 15 minutes is about Gerrard.

I know Lafferty's his own worst enemy with daftness at times but his words were quite telling about Gerrard's man management. Sounds like Lafferty's confidence got shot to pieces a bit.

We need to get more out of our squad players. We've been signing players who have done well against us like Jones and Stewart for example who aren't world beaters but can do a job. We need to keep these guys on their toes and try fill them with confidence so they're ready to make an impact when used. We've been totally freezing guys out.

Definitely something that's got to change going forward.

The last 15 minutes is about Gerrard.

I know Lafferty's his own worst enemy with daftness at times but his words were quite telling about Gerrard's man management. Sounds like Lafferty's confidence got shot to pieces a bit.

We need to get more out of our squad players. We've been signing players who have done well against us like Jones and Stewart for example who aren't world beaters but can do a job. We need to keep these guys on their toes and try fill them with confidence so they're ready to make an impact when used. We've been totally freezing guys out.

Definitely something that's got to change going forward.

To be fair to Gerrard he made a total arse of himself with Northern Ireland resulting in a suspension for a Rangers game and then got caught sending pictures of his cock to a munter while his Mrs was pregnant, that sort of thing wouldn’t sit well with any manager let alone a guy with as high standards as Gerrard.

To be fair to Gerrard he made a total arse of himself with Northern Ireland resulting in a suspension for a Rangers game and then got caught sending pictures of his cock to a munter while his Mrs was pregnant, that sort of thing wouldn’t sit well with any manager let alone a guy with as high standards as Gerrard.
Didn't NI invoke the seven-day rule after he withdrew from a squad injured?

Absolutely but he said Dorrans got the same treatment as well.

It seems Gerrard knows how to test players to improve them. Alfie, Jack, Barisic, Tav are testament to that. Players that burst a gut to improve and show they're worthy of being there will get their chance, as Halliday mentioned last week.

After hearing what Windass and Lafferry have said though it does seem Gerrard doesn't have time for players who don't seem 100% up for a challenge.

Gerrard tested Windass by saying he could stay and fight or go to Wigan, Windass chose the latter in a huff. Lafferty, an international and title winner who is 30 years old, saying he was too nervous for the ball doesn't strike me as a person Steven Gerrard would want around.

One thing I will say for Lafferty, despite taking the piss out of the club and fans with his complete lack of professionalism, despite only turning up for a small portions of the season, despite embarrassing us and himself, he’s certainly managed to amass a fiercely loyal fan club. There’s players who’ve actually worked hard for Rangers who don’t get a fraction of the adoration he gets.

Last edited:
not sure how you come up with daftness/made a total arse of himself being to blame by having an injury?

The rule wasn’t invoked for an injury, it was for not turning up and declaring himself unfit, it just coincided with him sending his boaby to said munter.

Anyone have a timestamp for when he starts talking about his second spell?

Will eventually watch all of it am just most interested in that

It was invoked for an achilles injury. The boaby story never came out until weeks later.
Wasn't it the case he claimed he was injured and unable to play for NI (late on if I'm remembering rightly) but hadn't informed Rangers he was injured. Then it turned out he had been sending pics he shouldn't have been.

Watching the interview, he doesn't seem to take responsibility for the mistakes he's made. Pointing the finger at Gerrard instead because he didn't make him feel loved.

Back