Si meets series on youtube

Recoba

Official Ticketer
Watched the Ferguson, Boyd and Thomson ones, really enjoyed watching them.

all of them said how when they left they missed the pressure they had playing for us.

Thomson was talking about how people tried to get in Fergusons gang but he would sometimes go through people and speak to them like shit.

Also that Walter told him if he wasnt booked in the first ten mins of an old firm game he was taking him off.

worth a watch for anyone who hasnt seen them

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCArk93C2pbOvkv6jWz-3kAg

Last edited:
I listened to these today in work. Really enjoyed them. I will probably listen to the non Rangers players st some point just to finish the series.

I loved the Barry Ferguson one, especially the 2nd part

I listened to these today in work. Really enjoyed them. I will probably listen to the non Rangers players st some point just to finish the series.

I loved the Barry Ferguson one, especially the 2nd part

Yea was great, i really liked Thomsons but they where really short, shows how important it is to try get good quality scottish players in the team.

i must admit i put Adams one on and turned it off as soon as he said he didnt miss it at Rangers as there is a lot less pressure on him now.

Thomson was the most interesting one. Adam seemed like he couldn't care less about Rangers. Boyd and Ferguson aren't natural storytellers.

They are excellent. As above, I didn't watch much of Adam's one. A mixture of his daft accent and seeming utterly tedious was too much for me.

Ferguson's was my favourite. What a player.

Fergusons was brilliant, presumably there is more to come though.

He takes a lot of flack on here from time to time but he is a born winner that dragged us to some victories. I thought his best performance was in 2007 when we beat Celtic 3-0. I'm sure it was Scott browns first old firm game and a lot was made of it and his duel with ferguson, but Fergie schooled him that day. Wish he was still playing for us now.

Should get 4 episodes from Ferguson.

Thomson is an enjoyable listen.

Really good series to be honest. Hopefully some more to come.

Thomson was the most interesting one. Adam seemed like he couldn't care less about Rangers. Boyd and Ferguson aren't natural storytellers.

Thought the Ferguson ones were really good - you wouldn't think the format of just one guy talking to a footballer would work but it works because Si asks the right questions at the right moment and let's the player do all the talking...and listen...if Barry says that one more time...listen...I'll go frickin mad!

Fergusons was brilliant, presumably there is more to come though.

He takes a lot of flack on here from time to time but he is a born winner that dragged us to some victories. I thought his best performance was in 2007 when we beat Celtic 3-0. I'm sure it was Scott browns first old firm game and a lot was made of it and his duel with ferguson, but Fergie schooled him that day. Wish he was still playing for us now.

Probably Scotlands most complete midfielder of the modern game - by a country mile. I can't think of a player who gets close to him, even players like Fletcher. When Barry was on song he was unbeatable. Some will disagree but for me, Ferguson was world class. Had he he not had that injury against Newcastle I think he would have ended up at Man Utd.

Find all the interviews quite interesting. Even McGeady and Scott McDonald's are good listens.

Kevin Thomson's is the best though. What a guy.

Find all the interviews quite interesting. Even McGeady and Scott McDonald's are good listens.

Kevin Thomson's is the best though. What a guy.

Agree with this. I was prepared to go to the fridge for a can of juice before I put McGeady’s on but he came across really well. Wee cu nt.

Barry nailed it on that ICT game, I booted my work bag halfway across a pub that night in frustration when they scored the winner so I can imagine how he felt.

Walter more mental than Souness! :)

The company who produce them show is owned by Liewell's son. Apparently also in charge of their charity foundation.

Thought the Ferguson ones were really good - you wouldn't think the format of just one guy talking to a footballer would work but it works because Si asks the right questions at the right moment and let's the player do all the talking...and listen...if Barry says that one more time...listen...I'll go frickin mad!

I'm not sure Ferguson stepped out of tabloid speak, tbh. Not many interesting insights or stories, imo. I thought Thomson gave a couple of good stories and gave a player's point of view.

Not sure I could stomach watching McGeady. Are you an insomniac :D

I might get banned for this; but McGeady comes across as a decent lad on it.

His stories for a humour perspective are better told than Boyd's and Ferguson's.

Charlie Adam comes across as a bit of a wank on his. Mulgrew's was a bit bland.

Watched the Ferguson, Boyd and Thomson ones, really enjoyed watching them.

all of them said how when they left they missed the pressure they had playing for us.

Thomson was talking about how people tried to get in Fergusons gang but he would sometimes go through people and speak to them like shit.

Also that Walter told him if he wasnt booked in the first ten mins of an old firm game he was taking him off.

worth a watch for anyone who hasnt seen them

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCArk93C2pbOvkv6jWz-3kAg
Interesting about the Smith quote. The poets didn’t take liberties against Walter’s sides.

Adam was up his own arse and a bit bland tbh, almost felt he had a slight chip on his shoulder about Rangers.

Kevin Thomson was interesting. He's a Hibs fan but he genuinely appreciated what it meant to play for Rangers and the opportunity he'd been given.

Tin hat firmly on but Aidan McGeady came across as an alright guy! Some decent stories, especially the one in Russia with the ultras coming into the dressing room making threats to the Spartak players after a Derby defeat, and just how mental the Russians were.

Loved Thomson saying how Walter was the best. True what they say that you don't know what you've got till it's gone.

Listened to Ferguson’s interview last night and thought he came across really well actually.

Heard a bit of the Scott McDonald one as well. He’s up his own arse that’s for sure. Totally forgot we logged a bid for him before he signed for Celtic as well. Would have been a steal at £400,000

The last 2 minutes of mcgeadys 2nd part interview was extremely revealing.

The national team manager siding with a snarling idiot who has tried to take liberties with a young player because "he's done a lot in football" and then rounding on the young player who has done nothing wrong and trying to take the piss out of him, not only for being young but for "doing wee flicks"

That pretty much confirms his thought process behind Scotland team selection, his style of play and his neanderthal thoughts on genetics and football.

What a wee wank strachan is.

The national team manager siding with a snarling idiot who has tried to take liberties with a young player because "he's done a lot in football" and then rounding on the young player who has done nothing wrong and trying to take the piss out of him, not only for being young but for "doing wee flicks"

That pretty much confirms his thought process behind Scotland team selection, his style of play and his neanderthal thoughts on genetics and football.

this 100%..

who'd have thought that Strachan was a knob?

I attended a Q & A with Strachan a couple of years ago and his focus was on fitness. He told the young players present that they should be as fit as they can be, that was why he lasted so long, players make mistakes when they're fatigued, that's how games are won. Very little, if anything, on the technical side of the game - though he did mention the 10,000 hours practice thing.

He did tell a good story (though he was furious about it) about Ferguson ending his career at Man Utd. Knocks on his door one Sunday afternoon - "right, that's you finished" [walks away] Strachan had just woken up and thought he was dreaming. :D

Thomson’s been the best I have seen so far. He clearly understood what it took to play for rangers. If it hadn’t been for injury problems and us needing to sell for money he would of been a captain for us.

Ferguson’s have been good so far hoping he lets us in on a few stories from behind the scenes in the next few episodes. Would like to hear one done with Goram or Mccoist get some 9 in a row stories.

I've enjoyed most of them.

Most footballers are right boring bastards mind you, it's good hearing insights into their time at the club etc but as much as I hate to say it McGeady was about the only player on all of these that seemed like he had a bit of personality and banter.

I enjoy these type of listening vines, from the Danny Kelly my sporting life ones to the Graham Hunter ones with Alex McLeish and Walter Smith to the Kevin Thompson one on this.

So much better than the Jim White type ones "how are you so good"

The My sporting life ones of the players around the late 70's to mid 80's are really good and the level of football talent that British teams had was amazing. When you hear players talking about the midfielders that Liverpool, Ipswich and Tottenham had in that period followed by Man Utd and Everton you can actually understand how over-rated McStay was that he did not have the guts to move to a bigger club before they got banned from Europe.

In regards to Thompson on this and the Heart and Hand podcast he puts himself over really well, when he gets asked about leaving Rangers you can see how much it hurt him. I know his career didn't really take off after that but that was down to mostly injury and the genetic guru strapon. Always loved KT in our team and really wish him every success in his training school and if he ends up in professional football.

Just listened to the McGeady interviews off the back of a few folk saying they were good. He comes across really well, intelligent and quite likeable. I even seen where he was coming from by choosing Ireland. (Scotland's ineptitude to getting him on board earlier)

Really never thought Id say that!

Just listened to the McGeady interviews off the back of a few folk saying they were good. He comes across really well, intelligent and quite likeable. I even seen where he was coming from by choosing Ireland. (Scotland's ineptitude to getting him on board earlier)

Me 2 mate, really enjoyed his aswell

Working my way through them…

But this type of series … Kenny MacIntyre has been doing for years on radio!

Granted the individuals cant exactly go effing and blindin

But essentially this guy …Si… is not exactly reinvented the wheel…

Still if the individual losens up they usually are entertaining.

Yeah there must be,he has not covered the end part of his playing career,with the whole scotland episode etc.

Usually they are in 4 parts…

KT’s been the most entertaining and most honest to me… so far

Some of them do suffer from selective hearng and memory… of course!

I've still the Boyd one to watch. Not sure if I'm interested in anything McGeady might have to say.

His stories about Gravesen were excellent. He sounded like a proper mad bastard. "Don't shout at the shooter!"

Back