Si Senor - Joe Aribo

Mark Walters

Pinched this from Gregco on twitter but added a couple of lines as felt it was missing them when you sing along in your head to the River Plate chant (yous aren't getting an RFCScottRFC effort :D)

Would love to hear this being belted out, know we'd get people greeting about stealing Liverpool's song but it's a chant that's been belted out by numerous Argentinean teams for years and years so fuck it.

There's something that the bears want you to knowwwwww
The best in the world his names Joe Aribooooo
He signed for fifty five so let's goooo
Give him the ball and he'll give us a goal
Our seventeen
The finest player that we have ever seen
Arrrriboooo
Give him the ball and he'll put on a show

I like the idea but there’s too many lines there for the tune of the song, here’s a slightly different version...

Theres something that the bears want you to know...
The best in the world his names Joe Aribooo..
Our seventeen..
The finest player that we have ever seen...
Aribooooo...
55 is coming so LETS GO!

I like the idea but there’s too many lines there for the tune of the song, here’s a slightly different version...

The best in the world his names Joe Aribooo..
Our seventeen..
Aribooooo...
55 is coming so LETS GO!
That doesn't fit the way I'm hearing the tune

Not a bad effort that. It feels odd having a song for a brand new signing when we've a few very important players, and the gaffer, without one. I'm no lyricist though so can't offer anything other than a grumbling call to action

Pinched this from Gregco on twitter but added a couple of lines as felt it was missing them when you sing along in your head to the River Plate chant (yous aren't getting an RFCScottRFC effort :D)

Would love to hear this being belted out, know we'd get people greeting about stealing Liverpool's song but it's a chant that's been belted out by numerous Argentinean teams for years and years so fuck it.

Our seventeen
Arrrriboooo

Obviously I knew not one jot of what they are singing, but wow great to hear them chanting in tandem, and what a great sound they are creating. :D

Our seventeen
Arrrriboooo

Lyrics fit for me.

The best in the league his names Joe Aribooo..
Our seventeen..
Aribooooo...
55 is coming so LETS GO!

Could work!

Definitely can't have the line about him being the best player we've ever seen. Disrespectful to so many of the greats we've had playing for us

Definitely can't have the line about him being the best player we've ever seen. Disrespectful to so many of the greats we've had playing for us

Aye you’re right mate.....

Not quite sure “still early in his career with us so we will see how he pans out but he looks good so far but let’s not get ahead of ourselves” fits though

Listen to the Bobby Firmino song from Liverpool fans. That’s the tune Gregco’s song is written to and it fits perfectly.
We should not be copying like for like FFS. There's something that the bears want you to know, blatant plagiarism :rolleyes:

The best in the league his names Jermaine Defoe..
Our number nine..
Give him the ball and he’ll score every time..
Jermaine Defoe..
55 is coming so LETS GO!

Could work!

I agree with posters who are saying that Aribo may not be deserving of such a good song when other players haven’t got one yet.

I know he has ‘Hey Baby’ but this one could easily be fine tuned for Defoe.

Or some more lyrical of the bears could even tweek it for Morelos..

“There’s something that the bears want you to know, The best in the league is name is Alfredo...”

He is senor joe Aribo he signed for us because we are the people he’s here for 55 to keep our dreams alive he’s senor joe Aribo. Repeat? I’ll grab my jacket it’s just fell of the hanger.

Back