Sign new deals or sell? Goldson, Morelos, Kent, Kamara, Helander

Post tenebras Lux

Was wondering what peoples thoughts are here? Am I the only one worrying?
A lot of big assets that if they stay for a crack at the Champs Lge that next summer they are out of contract (Goldson) or only have 1 year left (Morelos, Kent, Kamara and Helander).
We dont want to end up in the same situation as Timmy are now with players only having 1 year left and not being able to command a fee that they could have got 1 year ago.
Hopefully if we can not get them on longer deals maybe a 1 year extension to their current contract and a wage rise will protect our investments. Otherwise as much as we love em it makes (good business) sense to cash in this summer.
Head ruling heart loyal

Sign them all up on new deals, and if an offer comes in we can’t refuse then we do what is best for the club.
Cant just sign them up, both sides need to agree. If they don’t look to commit then sadly you need to look at punting them. Kamara worries me, I believe we have tried to get him to sign an extension for over a year. Which more than likely he wants away.

They have to be sold if they don't sign new contracts as we can't go back to the days of letting players run down their contracts again. It will also help in finding replacements were they to go and allow the club to run itself without the need of director loans.

If any player is not 100% committed then sell,they may think they are giving their all but subconsciously they will be off the pace with their head elsewhere.
Brian Laudrup was the classic in his last season.

Never kicked a ball :-( Euros were the summer after and a free transfer to Chelsea on the horizon

Would love them all to sign extensions but we need to maximise full value. If they don't want to sign an extension then it's sadly time to move them on for a big fee and go again with someone else.

The management team are on the ball and will have various options open, including succession planning if need be.

Cant just sign them up, both sides need to agree. If they don’t look to commit then sadly you need to look at punting them. Kamara worries me, I believe we have tried to get him to sign an extension for over a year. Which more than likely he wants away.
Course you can’t, it goes without saying if the players want to stay then they will sign up. Didn’t realise we had been trying to get Kamara to sign for over a year, if that’s the case then we would need to look to sell.

Agree with this but to his credit you wouldnt know that from his attitude. Same with Alfie after he never got his move last summer which gives me cause for optimism, we seem to be a happy ship.

Thing is our recruiting team is the best we have ever had including pre 2012 so if any want to go I have full confidence we will replace them will be sad to see them go though especially Alfie who I honest think was the first player post 2012 that we all loved
So true
Like I said head has to rule the heart here.
Also we are in a position of strength, it was have been suicidal to give Goldson the ultimatum last summer. Now we have won the Lge, we have a big squad.
Its a case of are you with us or is your future elsewhere.

Goldson is the only real pressing issue.

I’d like to think he could even sign a 1-year extension to protect all parties, have a crack at UCL and then possibly be sold for a realistic fee next summer.

I would keep Kent, Goldson and Helander if there are no big offers on the table.
If any bids come in for Morelos and Kamara, I would listen around £15-20m.

Not best position regarding Kamara , but I’m sure will have 2 year left in contract in summer . So anyone wanting him will still have to dig deep .

I just have a feeling we might lose Goldson, I hope I’m wrong and I’m prepared for the abuse but I think he would like another crack at the EPL.

Cannot allow contacts to wind down. Anyone with less than 2 years on their contract and doesn’t want to sign a new deal should be sold.

If players are swaying to sign on or not then they must be sold. No exceptions. You can't let emotions/sentiment get in the way. Bigger and better players have come and gone and Rangers still carry on.

If the likes of Kamara and Goldson don't want to sign contract extensions they will probably be sold. They are important to the team as it currently is, but what is more important is getting money in to continue to build, and them leaving for a reduced fee is not conducive to the business model our management and board have talked about in the past.

Not best position regarding Kamara , but I’m sure will have 2 year left in contract in summer . So anyone wanting him will still have to dig deep .
Indeed but that’s the point I was making, if he doesn’t agree a new deal by the summer sadly we have to sell. For what it’s worth I think we will hang onto most due to the lure of the CL. It’s probably likely to be Alfredo will view it as his only chance to ever play in it. It will also make Goldson sign an extension I think

People will be sold this summer and new faces arriving IMO. Borna may go.
I think it will be him and Kamara that are sold in the summer to fund new signings. I think Alfie will also go if we fail to qualify for the Champions league but given he will be the hardest of the 3 to replace and also an important player I would prefer if Alfie stayed.

Three factors will determine: 1) who we receive (acceptable) bids for, 2) who wants to go or won’t sign a new contract, 3) who goes first. If we get bids at a value that meets or exceeds our targets, I think we will sell. But I can’t see us selling more than than a couple of big players. Hopefully we sign up the majority of this years heroes long term.

I think it will be him and Kamara that are sold in the summer to fund new signings. I think Alfie will also go if we fail to qualify for the Champions league but given he will be the hardest of the 3 to replace and also an important player I would prefer if Alfie stayed.
Aren’t the last qualifiers for the CL after the transfer deadline?

Ideally, performing in the CL should be an attraction for them to stay, a window for them to get a better move if/when they do leave and a chance for us to see their value increase.
Personally, I think Goldson should stick with us for the rest of his career, Morelos is clearly someone who wants something else at some point, Kamara could play for a top team in a top league and slot in well, Kent should have a crack at CL and I don’t see Helander going anytime too soon.
Maybe one more season and a pop at the CL to keep us in a decent financial position, but if we do anything in that tournament, Kent, Kamara and Aribo will probably shine and we could cash in big time.

I mentioned this on a similar thread a while ago. Helander and Borna will be sold imo if they have a good Euros if the money is right. I would also sell Goldson if a crazy offer came in. This won't be popular but we could sell Tav as his stock is massive, with NP a more than adequate replacement. I would keep Glen as I see him as a replacement for Davis. I would love to keep the squad together but we are going to have to sell.

Indeed but that’s the point I was making, if he doesn’t agree a new deal by the summer sadly we have to sell. For what it’s worth I think we will hang onto most due to the lure of the CL. It’s probably likely to be Alfredo will view it as his only chance to ever play in it. It will also make Goldson sign an extension I think
Agree mate , and if he was going to sign an a new deal he would have long ago ,as probably one of our lowest earners atm . As far as Kamara is concerned I’m already thinking of next season without him .

We need to get as many of our big players signed up on 3-4 year deals. Naturally some may not want to commit and if that's the case we need to look to sell them on before they run down their contracts.

true but Kent as well - 2 yr left now - can’t gamble that one
Spot on , would be encouraging interest . I can see bids going in for him this summer no matter what we do , One of my boys last night before football , trying to copy his trick against Taylor , he is their Laudrup .

Kamara bothers me. He is extremely skillful and looks a brilliant player when on form however he has no shot on him, no goal threat for a midfielder and at times almost refuses to advance into the box when we are attacking. At times he seems to totally stop when he gets near the 18 yard line.

Never kicked a ball :-( Euros were the summer after and a free transfer to Chelsea on the horizon
In a relative sense.
He was still our best player though.
He had a good World Cup in the summer of 1998, but never quite hit the heights thereafter.

On the OP, I'm sure the club are actively working to get the guys signed up. If they sign, great. If they don't then we should look to move them on.

QUOTE="Blue Goose, post: 8783342, member: 9368"]
I mentioned this on a similar thread a while ago. Helander and Borna will be sold imo if they have a good Euros if the money is right. I would also sell Goldson if a crazy offer came in. This won't be popular but we could sell Tav as his stock is massive, with NP a more than adequate replacement. I would keep Glen as I see him as a replacement for Davis. I would love to keep the squad together but we are going to have to sell.
[/QUOTE

We won't be selling four first teamers this summer.

Reactions: TPP
I agree. Glenn walked away from Arsenal to sign for Dundee on a two year contract to get first team football. The guy has balls of steel, he might be happy to run down his contract with us then cash in big time as a free agent.

Back