Signing announcements within the next week - SR

Hopefully we are signing a few referees as that’s the only way we will stop them under the Scottish Football corrupt governing bodies.

I don’t think we can judge Jones on the limited game time and Stewart has proved to be an astute wee addition

What has Stewart done to be an astute wee addition ? One good game against Aberdeen yes ok but the rest of the time he hardly got off the bench never mind on it.

This is where we are struggling not having our first team being pushed and our squad full of underachieving players who just aren't good enough.

Jones is another waste of a wage he's finished with us anyway his attitude and applications after his self inflicted injury was a disgrace he is another mediocre player who shouldn't be near our club.

If we don't get away from this stupid signing policy of filling our squad with questionable quantity signings we will never get close to winning the league.

I would say near enough every signing this summer has to be a quality addition or someone who can contribute and make a difference either as an impact player or when relied upon to come in as required.

Last edited:
Can i just step in here and make clear that he did not say "players coming in within the next week". i dont know why this quote has been changed throughout social media what he said was "we look forward to more announcements coming in the not too distant future" that could be a month down the line. Just so none of you are disappointed when the club dont announce anything by next week.
Think it was in the email he said the coming week .

Can i just step in here and make clear that he did not say "players coming in within the next week". i dont know why this quote has been changed throughout social media what he said was "we look forward to more announcements coming in the not too distant future" that could be a month down the line. Just so none of you are disappointed when the club dont announce anything by next week.
He stated that announcements re player incomings within the next week

Toney is any thing but lightweight. He's strong and aggressive and absolutely batters into people. Good at holding the ball up.

He's got a good bit of pace and intelligent movement.

That's good to hear if that's the type of all round game Toney has then I'll be intrigued to see if we pursue him.

We definitely need an all round striker of quality in I think.

I don’t think we can judge Jones on the limited game time and Stewart has proved to be an astute wee addition

Thats on Jones for his stupidity against Celtic and then his attitude when he returned. Stewart as gifted a footballer as he is never really contributed much apart from 1-2 games Aberdeen at home in particular.

I think Meling for LB is the kind of signing that will send the right signal to all the players as he could realistically take the jersey off Barasic.
If he wasn’t out of contract in December he probably would be too expensive given we have other positions needing addressed as well.

Would love it if SG cave Docherty another chance before deciding his future.

Even if its only in the pre-season.

What has Stewart done to be an astute wee addition ? One good game against Aberdeen yes ok but the rest of the time he hardly got off the bench never mind on it.

This is where we are struggling not having our first team being pushed and our squad full of underachieving players who just aren't good enough.

Jones is another waste of a wage he's finished with us anyway his attitude and applications after his self inflicted injury was a disgrace he is another mediocre player who shouldn't be near our club.

If we don't get away from this stupid signing policy of filling our squad with questionable quantity signings we will never get close to winning the league.

I would say near enough every signing this summer has to be a quality addition or someone who can contribute and make a difference either as an impact player or when relied upon to come in as required.
It’s an absolute myth in our support that Greg Stewart is a good player, run of the mill SPFL player if ever I’ve seen one. Jersey drowns him.

Jones has shown he’s a decent back up to have, few good performances in Europe and arguably should have taken Kent’s jersey off him a few times last season as Kent was stinking at points.

Agree the signing policy has to change, talk of Lyle Taylor coming in screams of a Stewart/Docherty type signing for me

It’s an absolute myth in our support that Greg Stewart is a good player, run of the mill SPFL player if ever I’ve seen one. Jersey drowns him.

Jones has shown he’s a decent back up to have, few good performances in Europe and arguably should have taken Kent’s jersey off him a few times last season as Kent was stinking at points.

Agree the signing policy has to change, talk of Lyle Taylor coming in screams of a Stewart/Docherty type signing for me

I blame our years in the lower leagues for this obsession with signing any half decent or mediocre player that's played a blinder for us or done a job for the likes of Aberdeen or Kilmarnock.

These players aren't good enough and I'm not against signing players within Scotland but they have to be good enough ie like a Kevin Thomson for example.

Your Jones and Stewart's just aren't good enough and never will be.

That’s exactly what he said,don’t know why the transcript is worded wrongly.

Meling, Fer, Schwabb, Linssen, Elabdellaouli, Van Der Hoorn, Tapia, Soares.

All good pedigree Bosmans.
If we signed Van Der Hoorn,Meling,Fer,Linssen and Soares then got someone like Andre Gray on loan to lead the line I actually think that has the potential to be an excellent transfer window.

Soares And Gray would want EPL wages though,and I’m sure the bosmans might want a sweetener of a signing on fee also- but it might still be worthwhile in terms of quality in-

Problem being there’s a serious lack of sell on value for most.

I think we need a mix.

I blame our years in the lower leagues for this obsession with signing any half decent or mediocre player that's played a blinder for us or done a job for the likes of Aberdeen or Kilmarnock.

These players aren't good enough and I'm not against signing players within Scotland but they have to be good enough ie like a Kevin Thomson for example.

It tends to be players who are fans of the club, see Stewart, Dorrans, Docherty, Murphy - nowhere near as good as the support seemed to think they were/are.

Well before his injury jones was playing really well and tore hivs and the danish mob to pieces and did put the cross in for Alfie’s goal against legia to get us in group stages.
That silly injury seems to have really put him down the pecking order and will prob move on in summer for money so not bad for a freebie.
I personally would keep him because can be dangerous coming on as sub if shows the pre injury form.

If he’s looking at Liverpool for loan deals again I wouldn’t mind him chancing his luck with Curtis Jones

I’m hoping Wilson is smart enough to realise this.

Our fans clamour for any player in this league who is half decent against us.

If we go out and sign Taylor, Ferguson, Dykes etc it’ll be another trophyless season.

Some of the residual values have as essence of timmery ....5.85m for forster..?think not

Probably said it only about a dozen times by now, TM "values" are just for them, so they have a measure by which to compare players of a similar level. It is by no means a "market price", as the latter is made up by factors TM can hardly verify ... willingness of selling club to part with the player, how much the buyer will want to pay or can pay.

TM is for facts and figures about a player or a team, appearances, when, where, goals, assists and whatnot. The market value should be the last info anyone looks upon.

Probably said it only about a dozen times by now, TM "values" are just for them, so they have a measure by which to compare players of a similar level. It is by no means a "market price", as the latter is made up by factors TM can hardly verify ... willingness of selling club to part with the player, how much the buyer will want to pay or can pay.

TM is for facts and figures about a player or a team, appearances, when, where, goals, assists and whatnot. The market value should be the last info anyone looks upon.
^ This should be made a sticky,transfermarkt is excellent for a lot of information but transfer values is very much the exception.

I’m hoping Wilson is smart enough to realise this.

Our fans clamour for any player in this league who is half decent against us.

If we go out and sign Taylor, Ferguson, Dykes etc it’ll be another trophyless season.

Our signing policy has to change. If Gerrard can't see that after two years he'll be trophy less and out of a job.

Our support bemoan a lack of quality all season then throw out the usual SPL jobbers every bloody summer. We sign them then wonder why they are shit and don't improve us.

Last summer people had concerns when we filled an already bloated squad with even more mediocrity: Hastie, Jones, Stewart, Barker. They were told to shut up as we were bringing in the bosmans early doors so we could concentrate on the big guns later on in the transfer window.

We all know how our season went.

Our signing policy has to change. If Gerrard can't see that after two years he'll be trophy less and out of a job.

Our support bemoan a lack of quality all season then throw out the usual SPL jobbers every bloody summer. We sign them then wonder why they are shit and don't improve us.

Last summer people had concerns when we filled an already bloated squad with even more mediocrity: Hastie, Jones, Stewart, Barker. They were told to shut up as we were bringing in the bosmans early doors so we could concentrate on the big guns later on in the transfer window.

That's it for me theirs no point in signing 9 or 10 players to make up the numbers I'd rather the funds went towards 3 or 4 of quality if that leaves us short in numbers at least it leaves a pathway for youth players to get a chance to prove they can handle being in the first team.

Two of the biggest free agents this simmer are Tanguy Kouassi and Adil Aouchie from PSG.
looks like they are going to lose both on bosmans. Two of the most highly rated youngsters in Europe.

there was a poster about 3-4 months ago on here adamant we were signing Aouchie.
I know we got Ouchie after the winter break.:(

102656991_3259482220771122_4129665038547943424_n.jpg

Really dont understand the give Greg Docherty a chance shouts on here, i know hes a rangers fan but we need more than that surely, the Jersey looks a ton weight on him and never really performed in the 2 pre seasons Gerrard has been in, was also rotten in the game in Dubai, hope to god lyle taylor isnt incoming, smacks of a Mark Allen signing, we need better than him, Vydra would be a great shout, real real quality

I’m usually open minded but Lyle Taylor is a massive no from me ,never achieved anything of note in his career ,never been prolific ,flirted around with Partick Thistle for a wee while and he is 30yr old ,massive no thanks

Why do you think we changed our technical director? Ross only brought in Hagi and Kamberi. It was Mark Allen that brought in the rest. Kamberi did okay for me.

Two of the biggest free agents this simmer are Tanguy Kouassi and Adil Aouchie from PSG.
looks like they are going to lose both on bosmans. Two of the most highly rated youngsters in Europe.

there was a poster about 3-4 months ago on here adamant we were signing Aouchie.

Would love it to be true and it’s an area where Wilson has shopped before with Valery at Southampton. It’s the kind of smart signings we’ve been crying out for but looks like Adil off to St Ettiene

Back