Signing players after Brexit

Live Forever

Official Ticketer
Could be a daft question here but what’s the script with this?

Will players from Europe be subject to work permit checks? Has it been agreed yet?

Will players from Europe be subject to work permit checks? Has it been agreed yet?

No one knows anything. Could easily come to nothing but it is a strong risk. And we know how easy the authorities make it for us to get work permits...

If it is like Football Manager’s interpretation it would be fun to say the least.

EU players (not Ireland) now treated like non-EU so would have to play 75% of internationals etc.

Not just new signings, players who are here now would need a work permit if you renewed their contract.

Really effed up my Sheffield Wednesday save when I signed loads of young Scandinavian’s and Croats. Had to sell them for peanuts.

The Premier League down south will not surrender players easily, I think they will use their power to get exceptions for footballers. Hopefully the Scottish leagues can piggyback on that.

The Premier League down south will not surrender players easily, I think they will use their power to get exceptions for footballers. Hopefully the Scottish leagues can piggyback on that.
Perhaps but I would imagine it would make the signing of youths and fringe players a bit harder. We aren’t taking Mané or Aguero but the youth maybe that are farmed by these clubs.

Football manager has lots of different versions of brexit. I got the worst one in my recent game and it makes signing players very tough.

Not a daft question, but seeing as they have so far agreed on nothing I think it's fair to say no-one has a clue what will happen here. I have a feeling they'll get some kind of agreement, bizarre as it may sound seeing their favourite team losing all their good players will have a bigger effect on a lot of people than seeing the economy go down the tubes.

nothing wont change, they are professional football players not dole scroungers

Pretty sure I read ages ago that the Premier League have come to an agreement with the government that they can sign anyone from anywhere for their first team squad and they'll get a work permit.

Each club have 17 non club/nation trained slots in their squads.

Traveling to CL matches in the EU might take longer getting through Customs instead of just walking through.

Pretty sure I read ages ago that the Premier League have come to an agreement with the government that they can sign anyone from anywhere for their first team squad and they'll get a work permit.

Each club have 17 non club/nation trained slots in their squads.
17? Is this across their academy and all levels.

It will probably mean that anyone not from the UK or already resident here will need a work permit. But it will likely go the other way and become easier for professional sports people to get a work permit than it is currently

Could really work against British sides. Brexit is a clusterfuuck, which has already had and which will continue to have a hugely negative financial effect on Britain for generations but I’m sure those that voted for it will still back their decision.

BOLLOCKS!

I don't think work permits will be an issue to be honest. What could be a huge problem for us is if the £ falls significantly (again) which would make us less competitive in terms of buying players from European clubs. Harder to buy Helander for example if the £ is lower than the €.

You clearly haven’t looked at the number of jobs that have already left Britain, the value of the pound or the fact that our economy is contracting Nigel.

Our economy is contracting due to the country standing still. Uncertainty was always going to cause the biggest problem. That’s why a decision should have been made 18 months ago to either leave or stay.

The media have a huge part to play, having ramped up the idea of Armageddon that people are now not spending money, as they wait to see what happens. They’re causing a situation that’s equally as damaging as any no deal Brexit.

Not to mention bad businesses now blaming Brexit for being a bad business, but that’s another matter.

Our economy is contracting due to the country standing still. Uncertainty was always going to cause the biggest problem. That’s why a decision should have been made 18 months ago to either leave or stay.

The media have a huge part to play, having ramped up the idea of Armageddon that people are now not spending money, as they wait to see what happens. They’re causing a situation that’s equally as damaging as any no deal Brexit.
I work in recruitment mate, so see employment decisions first hand. Britain has lost a huge amount of jobs because of Brexit and it will continue to do so. Uncertainty can be potentially a cause to an extent, but it’s not the press’ fault. Brexit was always going to be a disaster for Britain. There is no economic argument otherwise.

I don't think work permits will be an issue to be honest. What could be a huge problem for us is if the £ falls significantly (again) which would make us less competitive in terms of buying players from European clubs. Harder to buy Helander for example if the £ is lower than the €.

If the pound falls, the euro is likely to go with it, having lost one of it’s key net contributors. Don’t think we’ll see much of a difference, if any. Football fans have shown they’ll do whatever it takes to follow their team, so football clubs are unlikely to see material change in their business model.

I work in recruitment mate, so see employment decisions first hand. Britain has lost a huge amount of jobs because of Brexit and it will continue to do so. Uncertainty can be potentially a cause to an extent, but it’s not the press’ fault. Brexit was always going to be a disaster for Britain. There is no economic argument otherwise.

The press are a huge part of it. Continually tell people that things will be devastating, cause the public to lose confidence and it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy, regardless of the reality.

If we’d had the current type of media coverage during the Second World War, we’d all be speaking German now.

My business is slow just now, due to people waiting to see what’s happening. If we’d left 18 months ago, even if it had been catastrophic, we could at least have been planning for what’s next. As it stands, no one knows, so we’re in this perpetual limbo, which is no good to anyone.

Remoaner bullshit.
Go on then, the floor is yours Einstein. Where are the jobs coming from to replace those lost? Where will the lost tax revenues come front that will fund the shortfall to public services? When will the pound ever recover?

The press are a huge part of it. Continually tell people that things will be devastating, cause the public to lose confidence and it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy, regardless of the reality.

If we’d had the current type of media coverage during the Second World War, we’d all be speaking German now.

My business is slow just now, due to people waiting to see what’s happening. If we’d left 18 months ago, even if it has been catastrophic, we could at least have been planning for what’s next. As it stands, no one knows, so we’re in this perpetual limbo, which is no good to anyone.
We could have made better plans but the senior executives shedding the jobs and sending them overseas aren’t reading or influenced by the Mail, Guardian or Sun.

Go on then, the floor is yours Einstein. Where are the jobs coming from to replace those lost? Where will the lost tax revenues come front that will fund the shortfall to public services? When will the pound ever recover?

Employment has never been higher dear.

LightheartedWarmheartedCassowary-size_restricted.gif

Back