Signing smart in the summer

Heggy

We really need to be on the ball with this in the summer. We need Allen to be probing all sorts of clubs and players for bargains. I read an article about the Ukrainian winger Maryan Schved the vermin have signed. He had a £2 million release clause with his club if he signed for a foreign team, he would have cost the likes of Donestsk and Dinamo Kiev around £5 million. At 21 he's been capped by Ukraine and before he signed for them he scored 14 in 22 games and since he's returned to Ukraine he's scored 7 goals in 11 games. By all accounts he could well be a decent player. We need to do the same, we need to add quality with a potential big sell on fee. It's time for the scouting team to earn their corn. We need to buy cheap and sell for big profit. There's loopholes out there we should be exploiting

I’m going to hazard a guess we won’t be buying anyone directly from the Eastern European market this summer.

We really need to be on the ball with this in the summer. We need Allen to be probing all sorts of clubs and players for bargains. I read an article about the Ukrainian winger Maryan Schved the vermin have signed. He had a £2 million release clause with his club if he signed for a foreign team, he would have cost the likes of Donestsk and Dinamo Kiev around £5 million. At 21 he's been capped by Ukraine and before he signed for them he scored 14 in 22 games and since he's returned to Ukraine he's scored 7 goals in 11 games. By all accounts he could well be a decent player. We need to do the same, we need to add quality with a potential big sell on fee. It's time for the scouting team to earn their corn. We need to buy cheap and sell for big profit. There's loopholes out there we should be exploiting

So we need to buy players that aren't good enough for the first team yet and send them back out on loan when we can use them for the future? Decent idea but any money spent this season needs to be on improving the starting XI.

Must've missed the memo that said this guy is going to be a sure fire success. How's that £2m striker from the Slovakian league done for them ? Kicked a ball yet ?

Just like those other "buy low, sell high" players they've struck gold on - Eboue, Pukki, Balde, Bitton, Benyu, Scepovic, Sviatchenko, Janko...

I suspect a lot of the singing in this window will be in the British market maybe 1 or 2 from foreign leagues but not too many

Signing SPFL bosmans like Greg Stewart and Ryan Jack is fine as long as they are not expected to be key players. If we are signing guys like that for nothing it better be because the money is being used on good quality young players from leagues where you get value that can come straight in and improve us.

Back