Silence

Azzurri

Was thinking about previous seasons, recent ones where the players had a lot to say, this season nothing from the players or management about winning the league or winning games, i hated it when the players would talk about we are the finished article, we will win the league,, this season we have heard nothing from Ibrox, reminds me of the Walter Smith era, the papers talk we listen, anything said about us was put on the dressing room wall, I'm sure Stevie and the players have taken this on board, nothing from the club has been in the papers about us winning the league,, we have just quietly got on with our business, does anyone else notice this.

It’s a good point.

Not only are we not saying “how much we’ve learned for next time” we’re not saying daft shite like how much better we are than them really.

Agreed OP. Doing our talking on the park and quite a talk it has been so far.

At this point we have learned, at last to do our talking on the park, thank god, now I am not saying we are going to win this that or the next thing, but we have got ourselves in a far better place than we have in many a year, the fact that they are in despair and want the Bigot gone, is the first time in a decade we have seen them turn on their club, and everyone is getting it in the neck, so let us do our duty and win the three points tomorrow.

Was thinking about previous seasons, recent ones where the players had a lot to say, this season nothing from the players or management about winning the league or winning games, i hated it when the players would talk about we are the finished article, we will win the league,, this season we have heard nothing from Ibrox, reminds me of the Walter Smith era, the papers talk we listen, anything said about us was put on the dressing room wall, I'm sure Stevie and the players have taken this on board, nothing from the club has been in the papers about us winning the league,, we have just quietly got on with our business, does anyone else notice this.
Or players just caught off guard by the press. No one has been promising anything in recent years.

I'm guessing they have all been warned to keep it in house. Plenty of time to mouth off when you have won.
Rather than give them something to pin up in the dressing room

About eight hundred words on silence is the ultimate irony.

Shhhhhh.

I used to hate when i read these statements from our players even though a couple of the headlines were probably sensationalied by the daily rags to make them seem worse .

They look like they realise what theyve been up against, and have now got the bit between their teeth. Theres a togetherness about them and they are on a mission imo.

Little things like this are proof that the jigsaw is falling into place a big revival and hopefully dominance in Scottish football for a wee while is coming for us just a matter of when

And rightly so.... see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil

If we win today I fully expect the media to go into overdrive with the “Its Rangers title to lose” angle.

They will push this to try and put on pressure and help their beloved poets!!

Yes we liked to let the papers do the talking mostly but Walter's quest for 10 had a bit too much bravado for my liking. I did not like it one bit seeing the advert where he is pointing to a blackboard like a teacher with "9/10 must do better". So imagine what they were thinking when they saw it. I believe it helped them immensely to spur them on.

Back