Simon ferry’s podcast question ?

Boabmeister

Just saw mark guidi mentioned on another thread , I’ve always wondered what happened with him & Simon ferry , guidi appeared after it had started & imo , gave the show a bit of professionalism ( don’t laugh ) possibly even compering at least one show without ferry .can anyone explain the split ?

I do quite like the show , don’t mind ferry , Kevin Kyle or slaney , actually feel they’re pretty fair overall.

It’s nice easy listening. Though apart from the odd laugh I am not sure what Slaney and Kev Kyle bring you the show. Prefer when Si interviews one on one.
I think they’ve a good mix of styles & antidotes , I enjoyed listening when they had the previous weeks games to discuss more than currently.

Possibly with slaney it’s like watching someone clinging onto a cliff edge .

Do the guests get paid for shows like this and how does it work with Si Ferry etc are they all getting a decent wage and if so, who pays?

Fair play he gets decent guests and well in for making a job out of it. Cannot stand that paul slane though and I feel “si” asks to many generic and repetitive questions to guests. Only really listen to the Rangers related ones which are decent sometimes, wouldn’t be paying money to go see them though :)

Do the guests get paid for shows like this and how does it work with Si Ferry etc are they all getting a decent wage and if so, who pays?
I think Lawwells son owns the company that does it, no idea about payment but when Ferry was talking about paycuts at Peterhead he said he’d be fine but other lads wouldn’t. I took that as open goal being a second wage

I think Lawwells son owns the company that does it, no idea about payment but when Ferry was talking about paycuts at Peterhead he said he’d be fine but other lads wouldn’t. I took that as open goal being a second wage

Would imagine Ferry made decent enough money as well mate while playing full time football. I mind him saying the mentally challengeds gave him a 3 year deal then 6 month later, 4 and a half year. Got promoted with Swindon and played with Portsmouth as well

Like them at first when it was just Ferry getting good stories, even some of the Shettleston Harriers told a good tale.

I cannot stand that Slane character though. My absolute worst nightmare being stuck in a room with that freak.

Would imagine Ferry made decent enough money as well mate while playing full time football. I mind him saying the terriers gave him a 3 year deal then 6 month later, 4 and a half year. Got promoted with Swindon and played with Portsmouth as well
You’d thinkso mate, unless he’s been stupid with it. Certainly isn’t the brightest I don’t think haha

Like them at first when it was just Ferry getting good stories, even some of the Shettleston Harriers told a good tale.

I cannot stand that Slane character though. My absolute worst nightmare being stuck in a room with that freak.
Unlikely mate , especially nowadays.

Would imagine Ferry made decent enough money as well mate while playing full time football. I mind him saying the mentally challengeds gave him a 3 year deal then 6 month later, 4 and a half year. Got promoted with Swindon and played with Portsmouth as well
He went and worked with the Post Office when he went part-time.

Just saw mark guidi mentioned on another thread , I’ve always wondered what happened with him & Simon ferry , guidi appeared after it had started & imo , gave the show a bit of professionalism ( don’t laugh ) possibly even compering at least one show without ferry .can anyone explain the split ?

I do quite like the show , don’t mind ferry , Kevin Kyle or slaney , actually feel they’re pretty fair overall.

Guidi was only on the Keeping The Ball on The Ground. Not the actual interview format.

I thought Kyle was one of us
Or has sarcasm just went over my head?
His family are Celtic fans , he said he had no real allegiance but he leans towards Celtic. He does talk us up now and again though so not rabbid. Just a bit short on some brain cells.

Bear in mind they have sold out the Hydro at close to £50 a pop as well - not to mention sponsorship / adds - Si will be making far more money off open goal than football.

I am a fan I think some of the chats hilarious - I like it when he does the interviews better than the other crap - some of the best ones -Barry Bannan / Steven Fletcher / Gary O’Connor and McCoists all good value.

obviously he harps back to his time at the tims and the youth team etc - as that’s where he played but he genuinely doesn’t bother me

I get the dislike for Slaney as he comes across as a wee dick with ADHD who canny shut up and gibbers pish at times.

I think it’s a decent laugh but wouldn’t listen to anything they say about football. Kev Kyle changes his mind about every topic depending on how the conversation is going.

Maybe I’m just bitter but I’ve never taken a massive liking to the open goal interviews, although some of the snippets I have seen do have some funny stories.
I prefer the rangers only content - made by bears, for bears.

Guidi was only part of a couple of podcasts?

I assume they realised they don’t need him. Ferry can host it fine, its for patter and having a laugh. Not “professionalism” or to be taken seriously
I think you’re on the right lines mate , I reckon he did help sharpen it up then was ditched . I think he tried to crack a gag or two at ferry’s expense kinda like ferry does with the 2 mentioned.

Bear in mind they have sold out the Hydro at close to £50 a pop as well - not to mention sponsorship / adds - Si will be making far more money off open goal than football.

I am a fan I think some of the chats hilarious - I like it when he does the interviews better than the other crap - some of the best ones -Barry Bannan / Steven Fletcher / Gary O’Connor and McCoists all good value.

obviously he harps back to his time at the tims and the youth team etc - as that’s where he played but he genuinely doesn’t bother me

I get the dislike for Slaney as he comes across as a wee dick with ADHD who canny shut up and gibbers pish at times.
Slaneys mates with that Paul the Tim, hes a wee rabid

It's a decent listen mostly. Got 15 minutes through the David Turnbull one this morning on my walk and had to turn it off. Not the sharpest and gave nothing. Clint Hill was good aa was the Billy Brown one.

He says on there he's one of us, been to games etc. In saying that he doesn't know much about us pre 2012
He Leans to “sulltick” as he’s mentioned a few time’s on the show, he’s not rabbid though and does talk us up a bit. Doesn’t seem to bad a guy, I remember the press were giving him abuse for working on a boat or something. Felt bad for him as he’s just trying to provide for his family.

Some of the interviews are a good listen.

McGeady, Thomson, O’Connor were good for memory.

Russel Anderson has to be the worst yet. It was brutal

Some of the interviews are a good listen.

McGeady, Thomson, O’Connor were good for memory.

Russel Anderson has to be the worst yet. It was brutal

Caddis one was good. Actually thought Griffiths one was really good too :D

Anderson the worst, Turnbull was terrible, I thought Amo one was awful as well. Delia was shit.

The interviews are definitely better than keeping the ball on the ground. Enjoy the ones with all our ex players and even some of the ex mentally challengeds like Barry Robson, Stephen McManus were decent. Always like hearing the stories and some of the Tommy Gravesen tales are brilliant.

Slaney was decent at first as an occasional guest on keeping the ball on the ground but having him on it every week has killed it, he’s just annoying and predictable now

We've got guys on here saying Kyle says on the show he's one of us and others saying he had said he's one of them. Can't be both or has the big dimwit forgotten

Caddis one was good. Actually thought Griffiths one was really good too :D

Anderson the worst, Turnbull was terrible, I thought Amo one was awful as well. Delia was shit.

I was surprised in Griffiths being able to string a sentence together.

Not sure I had heard him talk before, but he had some decent stories.

I think Caddis is Ferry’s best pal.

Fair play to Ferry, found a little niche and does a decent job, imo.

We've got guys on here saying Kyle says on the show he's one of us and others saying he had said he's one of them. Can't be both or has the big dimwit forgotten
In his interview he clearly says his family are sulltick fans and if he were to have an allegiance it would be to them, again though he isn’t the most coherent across shows :)

Most of the interviews are fairly decent , can’t bring myself to listen to folk like lee naylor though. Barry Robson speaks very well, Derek riordan etc also.

I was surprised in Griffiths being able to string a sentence together.

Not sure I had heard him talk before, but he had some decent stories.

I think Caddis is Ferry’s best pal.

Fair play to Ferry, found a little niche and does a decent job, imo.

Fod is on tomorrow. The Di Canio Swindon stories are usually good.

There’s a guy down south who he played with trying to do the same thing, and he interviewed Ferry. Thought it was good. Shows how decent a job Ferry does tbf because the guys presenting was poor.

He doesn’t say that at all. No idea where you’ve got that from. He’s said a few times his dad and brothers were celtic fans when he was growing up and celtic were/would be his team.
Aye ive just done some background, think I'm getting mixed up with the Oli McBurnie interview or something. Kyle defo grew up supporting the filth.
Fk me 3 mentally challengeds its ran by. I agree I've yet to witness any bitterness though

Back