Simply the best entrance song

Gazrfc

Me and a workmate are having a discussion, at which stage in the europa league are we not allowed to use our own entrance song? We played STB against Midtylland (sp), will it be the same against Legia or will it be the boring EL music given that it's the play-offs?

Me and a workmate are having a discussion, at which stage in the europa league are we not allowed to use our own entrance song? We played STB against Midtylland (sp), will it be the same against Legia or will it be the boring EL music given that it's the play-offs?
I’m sure its always stb, then when the teams line up its the shitey uninspiring europa league tune.

I’m sure its always stb, then when the teams line up its the shitey uninspiring europa league tune.
It's not mate, we played some crap dull song when the teams were walking out the tunnel at the Rapid game last season. This was why i was wondering the ins and outs of it

Group stages i believe. Was last year along with all the advertising in Ibrox being replaced with europa league boarding.

Dunno if its happened to us - I seem to recall it has but could be wrong - but haven't UEFA fined clubs for such action in the past?
I know UEFA are a bit mental but surely they can’t fine fans for singing or booing whilst the Europa League anthem is played? For example, City’s fans always boo the CL music

I know UEFA are a bit mental but surely they can’t fine fans for singing or booing whilst the Europa League anthem is played? For example, City’s fans always boo the CL music

Actually after a bit of time on Google I can only find stuff about UEFA threatening fines rather than any action actually being taken. Where they have dished out fines seems to be where the booing has been accompanied by displays - such as Barca with the Catalan independence flags.

Simply the Best was played as the teams came out after half time at the Spartak game last year.

I actually quite like the Europa League theme tune :oops:

The Europa League song is terrific. Even more terrific when we played Rapid at Ibrox and the place was deafening with Super Rangers and Derry’s Walls.

I can't wait for the day the CL anthem the blasted out at Ibrox, just watching this video gives me chills

I know its potato quality, but it was over 10 years ago tbf

OMG the hairs on my neck are standing up ! Awesome night.

Really miss the full version being played at Ibrox

I remember the games when it was removed and then when the club tried to bring back the full version of the song, practically begging the fans to drop the add-ons. Could only have lasted about two games before it was gone again. (Before getting the cut down chorus that now exists)

We reap what we sow.

No idea what we actually play but the song is supposed to be to Bob Marley's 'Buffalo Soldier' - not the Banana bloody Splits.

Exactly; the "woah-yo yo" part of Buffalo Soldier is essentially the same melody as the Banana Splits, but Banana Splits is a faster tempo, so when the bears in the stadium get over-excited and start signing "Alfredo, Alfredo", that's what it sounds like. I'm guessing that's why whoever's in charge of the tunes is playing the wrong song, and it does my box in.

The Europa League theme song is fucking god awful.

They really need to make it something hard hitting and spinetingling like the CL tune.

City fans boo the CL anthem, due to the fact when they played Sporting Lisbon in 2011, Sporting were fined 20,000 euros for racially abusing Balotelli, and Man City were fined 30,000 euros for being 30 seconds late on to the pitch!

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/why-city-fans-boo-uefa-13674961

Exactly; the "woah-yo yo" part of Buffalo Soldier is essentially the same melody as the Banana Splits, but Banana Splits is a faster tempo, so when the bears in the stadium get over-excited and start signing "Alfredo, Alfredo", that's what it sounds like. I'm guessing that's why whoever's in charge of the tunes is playing the wrong song, and it does my box in.
yes they have purposely played the wrong song. buffalo soldier is too slow for the goal tune as everyone is buzzing

Do you really need to shout ftp that badly mate? Nobody ever sang along to the verses
I do enjoy a good FTP yes because absolutely %^*& that disgusting cult but it’s more the rousing build up of STB which is totally killed with it kicking off at the STB part.

Back