Simpsons or Family Guy

Which cartoon is the best ?

• The Simpsons

Votes: 60 42.6%
  • Family Guy

Votes: 81 57.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Early Simpsons = legendary, tv gold, possibly the best animated show of all time in this period

Simpsons after season 10 = Unwatchable.

Its quite staggering the difference in the quality of the episodes from the 90s and even more so that they keep on trying to flog the dead horse.

Family guy is amazing but doesnt come close to early 90s simpsons.

Think people voting Family Guy are because its more recent. Surely you can only compare them in their prime, and the Simpsons wins that hands down.

That poll is an absolute disgrace.

Family guy has some very clever humour but is mostly beefed up with random interchangeable jokes (as parodied on South Park - Cartoon wars)

The Simpsons during it's peak years contained some of the best TV and comedic one liners ever written, and it achieved that whilst being suitable for all the family. This is genuinely upsetting.

Definitely Family Guy. The Simpsons has been stinking for about 10 years.

I'm still in the habit of downloading and watching the new episodes of both and you barely get a laugh out of The Simpsons. Not to mention when they do stuff it is severely dated, like the Pokemon Go episode about 1 year after the craze has died down.

Family Guy gets away with it because it's more mature theme and has more leeway with jokes and storylines that way imo.

Even a poor episode of family guy has a moment you'll be laughing, can't say that for the Simpsons over the past 5 years or so especially.

The best of the Simpsons is probably better than the best of Family Guy. Unfortunately the best of The Simpsons was probably 25 years ago. The current crop of writers on The Simpsons are folk who have grown up watching the show and it feels stale. Family Guy isnt as good as it used to be at its very best but its still very watchable. I honestly doubt I could sit through a new Simpsons episode these days.

I liked watching The Simpsons when i was younger obviously but Family Guy is incredibly funny at times so they get my vote.

Family Guy by a country mile these days , Simpson's was past it's sell by date years ago . I thought the movie was terrible too.

Family guy for me. I watch it pretty much every night on itv2 or fox before I go to sleep

Simpsons was great back in the day and you can see the influence it had on FG.

Struggle to watch any new Simpsons episodes but Family Guy is still excellent (not said in a C. Montgomery Burns voice)

As many have said early Simpsons but THB I havent watched an episode in about 2 years where as I used to watch it every week.

I now watch Family Guy most nights before kip.

Family Guy for me, still watch the Simpsons but tend to just turn over unless it's a classic. Once found the uncensored Family Guy (season 7 I think), hilarious, wish they would show them all like that.

The earlier Simpson's were outstanding. Homer reminds me of so many people I know.

Simpsons edges it.

Early stuff is some of the greatest comedy ever created in any format.

Family Guy had some brilliant episodes too but not quite as good as peak Simpsons.

South Park craps on both Simpsons & Family Guy.

Ive gone off South Park these last couple of seasons (hoping for a return to form this season) but overall it's by far the funniest animated show IMO. Can't wait for "The Truth Butt Whole" game too

Matt and Trey are geniuses

I've never really watched family guy. Has anyone got any recommendations on what episode to watch to get me interested?

The Simpsons from series 2-10 has a very decent shout of being the best sitcom of all time, animated or not. It's shit now but it had some run of quality.

Family Guy has some cheap laughs using puerile shock humour. It never has and never will get near the quality of writing the Simpsons used to achieve.

Family guy all the way but even it is starting to go stale.

This Simpsons episode is a classic though.
Sasha don't let the timposters see it

The first 8 series of The Simpsons is as good as funny TV ever got. Far surpasses Family Guy. Unfortunately, its now a shadow of itself and this makes it harder to remember how good it was.

Both have faded, the Simpson's badly and it pains me when my kids watch the newer episodes. I honestly believe Simpson's series 1-10 is some of the best TV ever made.

Family Guy has been consistently good for years, the simpsons should have stopped years ago but used to be very funny

I'll always prefer The Simpsons, as has been mentioned the early stuff was class. Family Guy was good for a while but has faded a good bit too.

Simpsons seasons 3-8 are some of my favourite tv of all time. I enjoyed the early seasons of Family Guy but even at its best it doesn't come close to peak Simpsons imo.

Homer is the man great character but family guy has its moments the star wars parody is bloody brilliant

First 12 series of Simpsons are brillliant... after that it went downhill. Family Guy has taken over.

Back