Simpsons or Family Guy

Which cartoon is the best ?

• The Simpsons

Votes: 60 42.6%
  • Family Guy

Votes: 81 57.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Was in the simpsons loyal until I watched an episode of Family guy. Just far superior for me now

Early simpsons is hard to beat, but family guy for shock value and laugh out loud moments , stewie to Brian , where's my money man!!!

Early Simpson stuff was genius but the last few seasons have been getting worse and worse. Still nothing gets close to those earlier seasons !

I've never watched family guy, used to love the Simpsons, don't bother at all with them now, think it's an age thing with me, only 46 but I can't be arsed with a lot of things I used to enjoy, Rangers and Booze apart :D

Early simpsons and early family guy are both brilliant but both have dipped in quality.

South park on the other hand has only gotten better as time has went on.

Early simpsons and early family guy are both brilliant but both have dipped in quality.

South park on the other hand has only gotten better as time has went on.

South Park has been dire these past few seasons IMO. Earlier seasons were far funnier, before they changed the format to season long continuing storylines and made it overly political. Ever since PC Principal, that Lorde rubbish, Member Berries etc came in, it's been rather pish.

Last episode I genuinely laughed at was probably 'C*ck Magic'. I think it's a far better show when it's simply original and completely random storylines about the goings on in South Park rather than trying to tie too much into real life stuff.

Fingers crossed for a few gems this upcoming season.

Loved the Simpsons for many a year - although the new episodes are truly dire. However, very recently my daughter introduced me to the delights of the Grffins and co in Family Guy.

So FF people. Which one do you prefer for laughs - Simpsons or Family Guy ?
Family guy as I can't get into the Simpsons, my favourite is King of the Hill.

The first 5 or 6 seasons of family guy were quality. Since then, I thought it went down hill.

For that reason, I voted the simpsons.

Simpsons seasons 3-9 are peerless. So many quotable lines. Kids who watched it in the 90's would probably find that their sense of humour was moulded by the classic episodes. Family Guy can be good for a laugh or two but it'll never age as well. the Cartoon Wars episodes of South Park nailed it so well that you'll never view Family Guy the same after watching those episodes.

Simpsons has been dire now for longer than it was great.
Video in the link does a pretty good job of explaining how the Simpsons declined. It's a long watch but he makes some great points.

Back