Since 2012, Penn State has paid more than $109 million to more than 30 men.

George Goudie

Official Ticketer
Compare and contrast.

Since 2012, Penn State has paid more than $109 million to more than 30 men who have come forward claiming to be victims.

The abuser is serving a 30 to 60 year sentence after being convicted in 2012.

Penn State's total abuse -related costs have exceeded $250 million.

Please note.... this makes difficult reading.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....h-man-claiming-molestation-by-jerry-sandusky/

We see above the massive contrast between 2 countries. Look at the jail term for one preparator in America. In Scotland there were 5 of them. A sordid and deadly ring.

It's now apparent to the entire population that the Scottish Government is complicit in this cover up - and we aren't allowed to talk about it in this Snatzi republic.

Good grief. Think about it. A culture of reverence for a bloody football club has resulted in an entire country willfully ignoring the biggest abuse scandal cover-up imaginable.

The world should be shown how evil Scotland has become.

Justice for the poor victims isn't important in this backwater. Not when the stakes are so high. A football clubs reputation and it's wealth means everything though.

Young children? They don't matter - lives ruined or prematurely ended is of no consequence - but the protection of the club? That's what really matters.

It's putrid and stomach churning what these beasts done.

Reminds us of a place in Rome?

Once the first compensation claim arrives and the lawyers move in all bets are off. Even Lawwell and his legion of lickspittles can do nothing against the power of the law, they will unturn every stone and the national media will finally wake up. At least they’ve got Dornan (did he pull through?) to keep them informed of court business plus all that Sevco law experience might come in handy.

while it would obviously be a great help to the victims and their families its really not about money now.
Though I hope the victims get what they deserve financially

Its bigger than that.

Its also bigger than taking away a few medals and trinkets via titles.

Many kids were abused and the enabler really needs to pay.

Now were this the BB down the road or the tennis club or the Scout group or the local sewing bee, what do we think would happen?

Well a wild guess says they would be closed down and erased from any record book.

Remember what we are hearing as disturbing as it is, is infact the tip of the iceberg.

We cant allow some millionaire to write a cheque and it all goes away.

Fans of other clubs as well as celtic fans are expected to turn up and continue to fund this organisation.

Would anyone continue to fund BB down the road or the tennis club or the Scout group or the local sewing bee in these horrendous circumstances.

Dam sure they wouldn't.

Lawell won't have the cash for all the possible claims, it would have to be from Dermots account.:eek:

W.A.T.P.

and that's the point

while the victims deserve compensation and I hope they get what they deserve.
A big rich guy cant be allowed to write a cheque and make this go away.
This is a football club funded by the public.
The public should not be funding those who enable child abuse.

only 1 conclusion and that is the withdrawal of the licence to play football, maybe not forever but certainly 5 years +

Then if the world has an appetite to take them back we will see.

John McCluskey's testimony was the pivotal moment in the Torbett case, and he testified of Stein's knowledge.

Statements from peadodice decades ago and still the cover-up pervades all life in this disgusting country:

1. 'As soon as Jock heard he went and threw him out the club'....Sean Fallon.
  2. 'It was an open secret within the club'... Billy McNeill.
  3. 'But I tell you who did know — The Kelly family who ran Celtic at the time.' .... Alan Brazil

They all knew - everyone knew they knew - or were they dastardly proddy bigots telling lies to blacken the name of the jolly craicsters.

Anyone know what this might refer to? Contempt of Court Orders.

JH v Celtic PLC (under section 11 of the Contempt of Court Act 1981), All-Scotland Sheriff Personal Injury Court, Edinburgh, 15 October 2018.

Surely this isn't Matt 'celtc are a culture of people' McGlones 'lottery loss compensation claim'. What does Section 11 of the Contempt of Court Act 1981 cover I wonder?

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/current-business/court-notices/contempt-of-court-orders

Just curious - probably nothing but it is reminiscent of this one from a few months ago:

1. Contempt of Court Orders
    https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/current-business/court-notices/contempt-of-court-orders
    HMA v James Torbett, High Court, Glasgow, 4 July 2018 KM v Glasgow City Council (under section 11

John McCluskey's testimony was the pivotal moment in the Torbett case, and he testified of Stein's knowledge.

Statements from peadodice decades ago and still the cover-up pervades all life in this disgusting country:

1. 'As soon as Jock heard he went and threw him out the club'....Sean Fallon.
  2. 'It was an open secret within the club'... Billy McNeill.
  3. 'But I tell you who did know — The Kelly family who ran Celtic at the time.' .... Alan Brazil

They all knew - everyone knew they knew - or were they dastardly proddy bigots telling lies to blacken the name of the jolly craicsters.
Has anyone got the newspaper article with McNeill's quote from the court case?

and that's the point

while the victims deserve compensation and I hope they get what they deserve.
A big rich guy cant be allowed to write a cheque and make this go away.
This is a football club funded by the public.
The public should not be funding those who enable child abuse.

only 1 conclusion and that is the withdrawal of the licence to play football, maybe not forever but certainly 5 years +

Then if the world has an appetite to take them back we will see.

As much as I agree,I doubt very much if there's the will in Scotland to allow that to happen. Pity though.:(

W.A.T.P.

Compare and contrast.

Since 2012, Penn State has paid more than $109 million to more than 30 men who have come forward claiming to be victims.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....h-man-claiming-molestation-by-jerry-sandusky/

We see above the massive contrast between 2 countries. Look at the jail term for one preparator in America. In Scotland there were 5 of them. A sordid and deadly ring.

It's now apparent to the entire population that the Scottish Government is complicit in this cover up - and we aren't allowed to talk about it in this Snatzi republic.

Good grief. Think about it. A culture of reverence for a bloody football club has resulted in an entire country willfully ignoring the biggest abuse scandal cover-up imaginable.

Justice for the poor victims isn't important in this backwater. Not when the stakes are so high. A football clubs reputation and it's wealth means everything though.

Young children? They don't matter - lives ruined or prematurely ended is of no consequence - but the protection of the club? That's what really matters.

You would like to think a child abused in Scotland is every bit as shocking as a child abused in the USA.

It doesn't seem to be though.

The cover up is an absolute outrage - as big a scandal - if not bigger than the Saville BBC scandal to which there is quite a worrying, albeit very thin, line to celtic park.

The silence from prominent people in Scotland is beyond belief - this should be debated in the scottish parliament.

The silence from celtic is telling, however I expect a statement at some point from them that somehow turns this around into a PR positive for them with a possible sizable donation to children's charities.

This should be the catalyst to name and shame and give child abuse the attention it deserves in Scotland because it seems to be the crime that must not be spoken about.

As much as I want these Feckers to suffer just as much as the lives they destroyed I think the cult and the national rabble will protect them, just like helmet heid moved fast to remove church and sports from the list of organisations that would be investigated by their version of the inquiry that was/is taken place in England.

This would be great news to see Celtic being sued for this.

I seriously doubt there will be any lasting repercussions on this rancid organisation. They are far too well protected.

It's sad what this country's become. I'll bet there are thousands of genuine celtc fans squirming uncomfortably at the way their club is dealing with it. Effectively washing their hands and turning their backs on the victims.

If Rangers were to behave in such a way - I question whether I would ever feel the same about my club. I certainly would not be renewing my ST.

There is absolutely no dignity in the way they've dealt with it over the last 30 years. No empathy and no remorse. It's almost like a mass psychosis.

Celtic should be sued but as per the Boston cases - they will make a payment to the victims and get them to sign confidentiality clauses, this seems to be how they deal with children being abused whilst in the care of club coaches.
The compliant media and tame mp's will make sure this never tarnishes Celtic in any way.
I'm sure illphill and the Hagg are at this moment trying to concoct someway of making it sound like it is a sectarian witch hunt against Celtic.

First case confirmed to be going ahead in May against Celtic. Reported by Stephen McGowan in today's papers.

Could be up ton six so far prepping to sue.

Celtic deny the clubs were linked and this is their argument base

I've often wondered how high this goes tbh...

Obviously there was a paedo ring operating out of Celtic Park, however when you see links between that Barry Bennell guy, pictures of Jimmy Saville with Jock Stein etc and potential government paeodphiles as well...it honestly could go all the way to the top - hence the decades long cover up.

Wonder if BDO will insist on a Contingent Liability in the accounts for Compensation in respect of failure to protect children.

So, the boys club used their name, same badge, same strips - but there was no connection

If no connection why were Celtics lawyers involved in cover up

THE OTHER SIDE OF PARADISE
Scotland on Sunday 18/08/1996

It was Brady's first serious and most affecting problem in a troubled time at Parkhead which did not last long. He listened to the boy, believed him, and insisted to the board that Cairney had to be removed, not only from the boys' club but from any association with the
main football club. So, overnight, the man who was used to having his run of the place and the ear of the management, was cast out.
It was agreed, by Brady, the boy and his parents and the then Celtic board, that the police would not be informed. The young player was assured that the alleged incident would have no effect on his future career at the club. However, signed statements were taken by Celtic's lawyers from the four adults who had been on the New Jersey trip. All were sworn to silence.

For no connection CFC seemed to have a lot of influence.

Is it possible to have a class action started in Scotland ?
Section 20 of the Civil Litigation (Expenses and Group Proceedings) (Scotland) Act 2018 allows "Group Proceedings" to be raised at the Court of Session. This is very new legislation and I have no idea how this would work in practice, or how it compared to a "class action" in the USA. Very often in the States, the only winners are the lawyers.

Section 20 of the Civil Litigation (Expenses and Group Proceedings) (Scotland) Act 2018 allows "Group Proceedings" to be raised at the Court of Session. This is very new legislation and I have no idea how this would work in practice, or how it compared to a "class action" in the USA. Very often in the States, the only winners are the lawyers.

Perhaps there is good in then there hills for US attorney's to make more!

There was a cover up on American soil.

uYDzJRg.jpg

Anyone know what this might refer to? Contempt of Court Orders.

JH v Celtic PLC (under section 11 of the Contempt of Court Act 1981), All-Scotland Sheriff Personal Injury Court, Edinburgh, 15 October 2018.

Surely this isn't Matt 'celtc are a culture of people' McGlones 'lottery loss compensation claim'. What does Section 11 of the Contempt of Court Act 1981 cover I wonder?

Just curious - probably nothing but it is reminiscent of this one from a few months ago:

1. Contempt of Court Orders
    HMA v James Torbett, High Court, Glasgow, 4 July 2018 KM v Glasgow City Council (under section 11

That was the fat poet who sued them as he fell walking put the ground or in the corridors of ye ground and shattered his knee if IIRC.

Compare and contrast.

I don't know how this will turn out.
Who really knows.
It is indeed an unknown unknown.

However, we live in a litigious world and very few such matters garner the sympathy of society as do the child victims of sexual predators...and quite rightly so.
To steal the innocence of the young by abusing a position of trust is truly the actions of the most debased who walk amongst us, the destruction that they wreak can often last a lifetime for the victims and of course their families.
To then knowingly cover up for those beasts to protect them from the law and to leave the children unprotected and vulnerable to even further abuse. is a sin that the very worst terms of our huge social vocabulary must still fail the test of proper illustrative condemnation.

Financial remuneration will simply never repair the damage, nonetheless, it is surely a small part of the atonement and healing process, for so much injury to life and opportunities that must have been destroyed and stymied, by the wrecking actions of the guilty.

The guilty however, are not just those who perpetrated the crimes, they must surely involve the organisation that incubated the criminals and turned a blind eye to their multiple actions and by haughty indulgence, allowed the foulness to fester for decades.

Scotland as a nation should be in the international eye in this matter and Scotland's politicians and judiciary must be judged in how they respond to the pleas of those that suffered such calamitous wrongdoing.

This isn't a matter of whether or not Dermot Desmond can dig deep enough, this is indeed a case of whether Scotland as a nation has enough depth of moral feeling for real social justice unsullied by shallow political and tribal selfishness.

Last edited:
Is it legal to cover up a crime with a gagging document?
It is now
Wasn’t back in the day however new legislation will allow those who may have signed a nda to break it ‘without prejudice’ if it uncovers criminality

I don't know how this will turn out.
Who really knows.
It is indeed an unknown unknown.

However, we live in a litigious world and very few such matters garner the sympathy of society as do the child victims of sexual predators...and quite rightly so.
To steal the innocence of the young by abusing a position of trust is truly the actions of the most debased who walk amongst us, the destruction that they wreak can often last a lifetime for the victims and of course their families.
To then knowingly cover up for those beasts to protect them from the law and to leave the children unprotected and vulnerable to even further abuse. is a sin that the very worst terms of our huge social vocabulary must still fail the test of proper illustrative condemnation.

Financial remuneration will simply never repair the damage, nonetheless, it is surely a small part of the atonement and healing process, for so much injury to life and opportunities that must have been destroyed and stymied, by the wrecking actions of the guilty.

The guilty however, are not just those who perpetrated the crimes, they must surely involve the organisation that incubated the criminals and turned a blind eye to their multiple actions and by haughty indulgence, allowed the foulness to fester for decades.

Scotland as a nation should be in the international eye in this matter and Scotland's politicians and judiciary must be judged in how they respond to the pleas of those that suffered such calamitous wrongdoing.

This isn't a matter of whether or not Dermot Desmond can dig deep enough, this is indeed a case of whether Scotland as a nation has any depth of feeling for real social justice unsullied by shallow political and tribal selfishness.

Fantastic post Bilko. The problem we have is that this country is so intrinsically warped that I fear we need outside intervention to properly procure justice.

Back