Single Lyon Match Tickets Now On Sale

Coop1872

The club have obviously been using a marketing ploy to try and shift as many 3 game packages as possible. Showing loads of areas as being unavailable earlier in the week when in fact there were thousands of seats available. Said in a previous thread there was no way we were shifting 50000 packages - if we have sold even 40000 that is remarkable. Unfortunately some people who have to plan ahead to attend games due to work/travel arrangements may have decided not to go because of the uncertainty about getting a ticket until so late.

RFC417

Just had 2 friends on the phone asking for any advice with the same problem. They were looking to buy 2 tickets each , but the site only allowing them to purchase 1 ticket even though their kids are registered in the friends and family....they just gave up and I couldn't offer any advice...that's £176 now not going to the club , but more importantly 4 Rangers supporters won't be there to cheer on the team ....
Any ideas how a parent and child can order 2 tickets at the same time guys . ???
I had the same problem buying for mates. Added 4 to the basket, allocated a different name / Rangers No to each via friends and family in the drop down menu but still no joy. No combination worked.

So logged in on another browser with one of the other Rangers Nos, dropped 1 seat at a time out of the original basket, immediately added it to the other basket and bought them as singles. Rinse and repeat with short queues to get back in. It worked because the original log in was never timed out.

So the guys got their tickets and Rangers got the £176. But once again, it shows how big a shambles the club IT operations are. They should hire school kids to do it for them.

1993ranger

Quite annoyed at this. Wished for tickets in Govan Rear which was completely unavailable and now lots can be purchased for this single game. Shambles.

1993ranger

The club have obviously been using a marketing ploy to try and shift as many 3 game packages as possible. Showing loads of areas as being unavailable earlier in the week when in fact there were thousands of seats available. Said in a previous thread there was no way we were shifting 50000 packages - if we have sold even 40000 that is remarkable. Unfortunately some people who have to plan ahead to attend games due to work/travel arrangements may have decided not to go because of the uncertainty about getting a ticket until so late.
Honestly raging at this. Stuck in a corner for the 3 matches when these seats were available. £133 for the package , prime seats if available should have been showing as for purchase.

Jim Smith

Official Ticketer
Logged in and selected available seats. Click checkout and says maximum number of tickets per product per basket has been exceeded? Any advice pls?
Same here Bud , I had to buy them one at a time and it worked. Have absolutely no idea why you have to do that .

erskine bear

Official Ticketer
won’t be a full house, will be sporadic empty seats everywhere.

Had 3 empty seats near me for beggars game, very odd.
Yeah, I went down to the concourse at HT to chat to my mate and he had two empty seats beside him, so I went and sat with him for the remainder of the game.

The guys beside me must think I’m in the subway loyal :))

LarkfiedLoyalNS

Don’t be surprised if there is a few thousand noticeable empty seats on Thursday the pricing was ridiculous.

I know you don’t have to pay it but people had to pay this in the same week they paid for Livingston, St Johnstone and their last season ticket payment which mines was £175.

An absolute relief that’s the final payment.

calibear1872

Crazy. There was only about 500-600 3 match packages available yesterday and now there are thousands for just Lyon game!

I really hope they are not double selling seats again!

btl456

This has me a bit worried bought the 3 game package ,, i chose the area but checked out with no seat selection. I got the qr codes e mailed right away with the row and seat number for cd 1. I hope i do not have this problem.

Wang

Unfortunately some people who have to plan ahead to attend games due to work/travel arrangements may have decided not to go because of the uncertainty about getting a ticket until so late.

Exactly, the website didn’t even tell you when each stage of the sale will begin ie MyGers, 3 package, single seats etc.

A lot of people will have just left it.

Vaccine Passports may also have been an added complication that’s put people off.

Wang

Crazy. There was only about 500-600 3 match packages available yesterday and now there are thousands for just Lyon game!

Just had a look, loads of good seats in the Govan Stand that just weren’t available on the 3 match package.

Cant think what the reasoning would be.

ssblue

Just had a look, loads of good seats in the Govan Stand that just weren’t available on the 3 match package.

Cant think what the reasoning would be.
They wanted to coerce people into thinking they probably had to buy the package to get any tickets.

Now we are looking at the stadium being 5 or 6 thousand short of capacity.

MearnsUnionist

They wanted to coerce people into thinking they probably had to buy the package to get any tickets.

Now we are looking at the stadium being 5 or 6 thousand short of capacity.

Going by the stadium site map mate, there's no more than 4k tickets left throughout the stadium.
They could be shifted within the next couple of days.

It looks like it will be a sell out, or very very close.

It also means there is already well over 40k tickets sold for Brondby and Sparta.

I think the club will be fairly pleased with how the 3 match package sales have gone.

B Ferguson 6

I suppose the club will see making a couple of hundred thousand pound more for selling 46000 tickets than they would selling out the stadium at cheaper prices as a success.

the prices were poor for the teams we are playing and if Lyon is struggling to sell out it doesn’t bode well for the other 2 games.

The club don’t exactly make buying tickets a simple process either.

MearnsUnionist

I suppose the club will see making a couple of hundred thousand pound more for selling 46000 tickets than they would selling out the stadium at cheaper prices as a success.

the prices were poor for the teams we are playing and if Lyon is struggling to sell out it doesn’t bode well for the other 2 games.

The sales for Brondby and Sparta are already sitting at pretty much exactly the same as Lyon though mate.
The 3 match package plan has already ensured good crowds for the 2 less attractive games, irrespective of how the section table will look.

Maybe better to wait until tomorrow night to see how many we sell, but it already looks around 46k, as almost all sections of the ground have only very limited availability, if any at all.

I agree 100% with your final paragraph though.

When it comes to buying tickets, the website is shambolic and virtually impossible for people not computer literate.

ssblue

Going by the stadium site map mate, there's no more than 4k tickets left throughout the stadium.
They could be shifted within the next couple of days.

It looks like it will be a sell out, or very very close.

It also means there is already well over 40k tickets sold for Brondby and Sparta.

I think the club will be fairly pleased with how the 3 match package sales have gone.
Ever the optimist mate.

Looks quite a bit more than that to me. Especially in the club deck.

Hopefully get up near 50,000 but can't see it.

CoopBlue

Robertson continues to oversee a shit-show when it comes to the ticketing operation and the process for buying tickets online. When it comes to the fans and the ticketing website it's another example where the club are incompetent and don't seem to care.

Blue As

Official Ticketer
I presumed that they would still include every game but no bar access
The price for the season tickets for those seats was the same as the regular seats in the SJ Rear (so don’t include every game,just the 19 league games).My mate bought one and it was around £675.

MearnsUnionist

Ever the optimist mate.

Looks quite a bit more than that to me. Especially in the club deck.

Hopefully get up near 50,000 but can't see it.

6 out of the 7 sections of the Club Deck have very limited availability left mate.

There's no more than 1500 seats left for up there.

Whether or not we get 50k, the fact is that Rangers have already ensured that there will be well over 40k against Brondby and Sparta, with that money well up front.

With the match ticket revenue they lost last season, they will consider their ticket selling strategy to have been a big success.

Amato Amore

Official Ticketer
Don’t be surprised if there is a few thousand noticeable empty seats on Thursday the pricing was ridiculous.

I know you don’t have to pay it but people had to pay this in the same week they paid for Livingston, St Johnstone and their last season ticket payment which mines was £175.

An absolute relief that’s the final payment.
£397 in one month for me and my son for all of the above. :oops:

rangeral

Yes there is still some tickets left and while no one is forced to pay it it is still been a success for the club in it pricing if over say around 45k 3 match packages have been sold

CCCS
STH sale
MyGers
RSC
General public sale

If we only sold around 30k in packages then the pricing was wrong, now I taking into the fact that CCCS are charged regardless but how on that 20k-25k?

The way the sale process goes is a shamble at times

Wang

6 out of the 7 sections of the Club Deck have very limited availability left mate.

There's no more than 1500 seats left for up there.

Whether or not we get 50k, the fact is that Rangers have already ensured that there will be well over 40k against Brondby and Sparta, with that money well up front.

With the match ticket revenue they lost last season, they will consider their ticket selling strategy to have been a big success.

1,000’s of tickets only being made available 2 days before a match is not a success, it’s a balls up.

It’s also extremely unfair on fans who need to make travel plans or various other arrangements well in advance.

Perhaps this is just teething problems but the MyGers complication and perhaps QR Code technology seems to mean last minute ticket sales are going to become the new normal.

MearnsUnionist

1,000’s of tickets only being made available 2 days before a match is not a success, it’s a balls up.

It’s also extremely unfair on fans who need to make travel plans or various other arrangements well in advance.

Perhaps this is just teething problems but the MyGers complication and perhaps QR Code technology seems to mean last minute ticket sales are going to become the new normal.

It's a fine balance mate.

The ticket selling process has ensured over 40k 3 match packages have been sold.

That's much needed advance revenue for the club and I doubt they'll see it as a balls up.

As I said earlier, it's probably best to see how busy the ground is tomorrow night before deciding whether or not they've got it right or wrong.

ibroxbound

Yeah, I went down to the concourse at HT to chat to my mate and he had two empty seats beside him, so I went and sat with him for the remainder of the game.

The guys beside me must think I’m in the subway loyal :))
Both of my sons used to regularly do that years ago when we were in different areas of the Copland Front.

Rc1275

What’s the best option for parking these days. Heading up from down south and not managed a game in years. Official car park still open ?

Aww Skew

Very limited knowledge of football
Imagine my shock that the 3 match packages didn’t sell out

We’ll no doubt struggle to shift Brondby/Prague tickets if we’re not flying in the group. Prague if it’s a must win game should sell out but if it’s a dead rubber we’ll be looking at empty seats

Club have shot themselves in the foot with the prices

Aww Skew

Very limited knowledge of football
Yes there is still some tickets left and while no one is forced to pay it it is still been a success for the club in it pricing if over say around 45k 3 match packages have been sold

CCCS
STH sale
MyGers
RSC
General public sale

If we only sold around 30k in packages then the pricing was wrong, now I taking into the fact that CCCS are charged regardless but how on that 20k-25k?

The way the sale process goes is a shamble at times
That’s the thing though, cccs members would’ve been buying regardless of price so unsure how them buying it is an indicator that the price point was correct

This is why the friendly fiasco in the summer sound me up so much. The club take cccs for granted when it comes to cup/euro matches but originally shafted members out of Real Madrid

Blue As

Official Ticketer
What’s the best option for parking these days. Heading up from down south and not managed a game in years. Official car park still open ?
It is open,but it sometimes reverts to permit holders only (especially for big games) they also sometimes have limited availability for drive ups to pay at gate but you can’t gaurentee it,even if you arrive really early.
They place a steward with a bit of paper saying ”permit holders only” less than 10 metres from the entrance,not ideal..
(Bit of a shambles for people depending on getting in).
It is brutal to get out at the end too after big games.