Single Lyon Match Tickets Now On Sale

CoopBlue

Starting with a new ticket office manager?
Robertson has overall responsibility for day to day operations at the club, which includes ticketing.

He has presided over this for years now with no improvement. We stumble from one issue to another.

Whatever it takes, it needs an overhaul of process, procedures and personnel - because it is not good enough.

MearnsUnionist

Imagine my shock that the 3 match packages didn’t sell out

We’ll no doubt struggle to shift Brondby/Prague tickets if we’re not flying in the group. Prague if it’s a must win game should sell out but if it’s a dead rubber we’ll be looking at empty seats

Club have shot themselves in the foot with the prices

Surely if Prague is a dead rubber we'll have more at the game now because of the 3 match package?

There's already over 40k sold for it.

The club have been smart, as opposed to shooting themselves in the foot.

GovanFront4

Imagine my shock that the 3 match packages didn’t sell out

We’ll no doubt struggle to shift Brondby/Prague tickets if we’re not flying in the group. Prague if it’s a must win game should sell out but if it’s a dead rubber we’ll be looking at empty seats

Club have shot themselves in the foot with the prices

Tickets for the 0-0 with Barcelona could be bought on their own right up until kick off. This isn't a new thing.

xd182

That’s the thing though, cccs members would’ve been buying regardless of price so unsure how them buying it is an indicator that the price point was correct

This is why the friendly fiasco in the summer sound me up so much. The club take cccs for granted when it comes to cup/euro matches but originally shafted members out of Real Madrid
I agree with both of these paragraphs, and for that reason I'll not be ticking the CCCS box next year - so the club will possibly lose out in the long term if others think the same.

rangeral

That’s the thing though, cccs members would’ve been buying regardless of price so unsure how them buying it is an indicator that the price point was correct

This is why the friendly fiasco in the summer sound me up so much. The club take cccs for granted when it comes to cup/euro matches but originally shafted members out of Real Madrid
Yes that is gamble when you sign up you have no choice to pay it or not but over and above there still has been success for the club as I said if sales had been lower it failed on the pricing

Had we made the CL and Rangers decide £140 for the 3 match package for CCCS I have to pay it but next season I wouldn't be on the scheme because I am not prepare to pay it again

Aww Skew

Surely if Prague is a dead rubber we'll have more at the game now because of the 3 match package?

There's already over 40k sold for it.

The club have been smart, as opposed to shooting themselves in the foot.
I was meaning the price point rather than selling as the package

MearnsUnionist

I was meaning the price point rather than selling as the package

Not so sure mate.

Due to the 3 game package sales, all 3 matches will be close to a sell out.
That will suggest that the pricing and the sales strategy has been well worked out.

The efficiency of the website for ticket sales is another matter though.

Hopeless.

Delboy Trotter

For me the pricing was a joke given how much dearer it was than that lots.

It was a step too far in ripping the piss out of the support especially after the fans backing the club with ST money despite not seeing a game last season.

I still bought my package but I can understand why some haven’t.

Id be surprised if tomorrow is a sell out and the other 2 games especially if we aren’t flying in the group.

Shengus Malengus

I agree with both of these paragraphs, and for that reason I'll not be ticking the CCCS box next year - so the club will possibly lose out in the long term if others think the same.
You can still tick CCCS for competitive matches and omit friendlies.

It's what I'll be doing after getting shafted for the Real Madrid game.
I suspect many others will do likewise.

Rangers scored a huge own goal with that farce.

Coop1872

Not so sure mate.

That will suggest that the pricing and the sales strategy has been well worked out.

Hopeless.

From a purely business perspective they might regard it as a success. But the fact so many season ticket holders may be missing one of our biggest games of the season tells me something isn't quite right. It also means there will be the usual element of non regular attenders who are less inclined to worry about what they are singing.
As someone who uses the online sales, I think the current system is shambolic.

MearnsUnionist

From a purely business perspective they might regard it as a success. But the fact so many season ticket holders may be missing one of our biggest games of the season tells me something isn't quite right. It also means there will be the usual element of non regular attenders who are less inclined to worry about what they are singing.

With over 40k 3 match packages sold, I'd say a healthy majority of ST holders have bought them.

Probably about the same number who buy home match Scottish Cup tickets, so I don't see it much different to any other non ST home match.

Online ticket sales system definitely needs improved, no question.

AdiCR2

The pricing point for this is clearly not right. The amount of bears i have spoken to that have bought but complained about it is unreal.

That sort of viewpoint is short sighted and fans going along with it only lasts as long as the positive results last. If we got beat last weekend against that mob the grumbles would be more intense.

Football fans in fickle shocker.

davmcc

Official Ticketer
If Rangers have released all of the remaining tickets for public sale then I'd say we are looking at about a 47k crowd.

They could of course release thousands more today/tomorrow as seems to be their process.

rangeral

Having 46k STH doesn't that there will 46k at a non ST game

There is some that simply won't attend for a few reasons - work, travel, price.

MearnsUnionist

If Rangers have released all of the remaining tickets for public sale then I'd say we are looking at about a 47k crowd.

They could of course release thousands more today/tomorrow as seems to be their process.

The one area I see more possibly getting released is Broomloan Rear mate.

I think everything else is out there.

Aww Skew

Not so sure mate.

Hopeless.
But how many were tied into it through the cccs?

Realistically there must’ve been 20k+ that bought them because the club took the money automatically and they couldn’t be bothered with hassle of cancelling cccs. Had it been £150, those same people would’ve been buying it

MearnsUnionist

But how many were tied into it through the cccs?

Realistically there must’ve been 20k+ that bought them because the club took the money automatically and they couldn’t be bothered with hassle of cancelling cccs. Had it been £150, those same people would’ve been buying it

We'll need to agree to disagree on your figures mate.

I don't think it would be remotely close to 20k plus.

All about opinions though.

hunter1rfc

Official Ticketer
Anyone know of a number to contact the ticket office? have emailed since monday about my brondby payment with no reply

lyon and sparta came out but not brondby

fucking shambles of a ticket office when you phone the number it just disconnects

cloodie

There are some excellent seats available if anyone hasn't made their mind up whether to go or not.

TheDerryend

As another poster said this is nothing new. The time we played Stum Graz, I went to Ibrox on my dinner break on the day of the game and got a cracking seat in the front of the govan.

I never bought 3 match packages, but I always managed to get tickets for european games. The fact is, there are people who buy season tickets and that's all they will buy.

Valley Bluenose

RTV? Completed it mate!
Anyone know of a number to contact the ticket office? have emailed since monday about my brondby payment with no reply

lyon and sparta came out but not brondby

fucking shambles of a ticket office when you phone the number it just disconnects
You can’t phone them. Email only. Sounds like you may be moving seat for Brondby perhaps?

You could email giving your Rangers Number, details of the problem and a telephone number to call you back on. That might elicit a response. Or get there early tomorrow and call in. Probably be open from 1700hrs on past experience.

Blue As

Official Ticketer
It is all one saying because the tickets have sold then the pricing was correct.
How many are actually happy with the price,the dearest EL group package of all the clubs.
Yes,people will pay it,certainly doesn't mean we are happy about it.
I get the club need money but so do the fans.
Add in losing games from ST two seasons ago,paying last year and not seeing a game,paying this year and missing Livingston due to ballot,plus the tickets for Dunfermline and Livingston cup games being higher than similar games in the past.
There may be a tipping point where folk say enough is enough and start to pick and choose more.

hunter1rfc

Official Ticketer
You can’t phone them. Email only. Sounds like you may be moving seat for Brondby perhaps?

You could email giving your Rangers Number, details of the problem and a telephone number to call you back on. That might elicit a response. Or get there early tomorrow and call in. Probably be open from 1700hrs on past experience.
I doubt i will be moving mate i am in GF7

the card is working fine as well

have emailed ticketcentre and the ccmandate emails

Aww Skew

Would be interesting if more

MyGers playing a part I wonder due to the Semi-final & Final priority for Hampden?
That’s the reason it’s always been high, right enough.

Friendlies cccs will take a hit next season unless the club just lump all games into one rather than allowing you to opt in for certain types of games

I like cccs because it means I can be lazy and only need to tick a box, however the club definitely take it for granted

B Ferguson 6

Friendlies cccs will take a hit next season unless the club just lump all games into one rather than allowing you to opt in for certain types of games

I like cccs because it means I can be lazy and only need to tick a box, however the club definitely take it for granted
I’ll only keep it because I can’t be arsed going on and having to deal with the stress using the website to buy tickets individually.

rangeral

Signing up to the CCCS saves hassle and while there is 'issues' with some people it does what meant to do, yes the club have dangle a 'golden ticket' to it in terms of priority for Hampden games to get people to sign up and has been that way since it started

If they add friendlies into the main one it would take a hit IMO I wouldn't join it

JohnD

I bought a three-match package via the MyGers sale (after more than 24 hours of trying) and got my mate one on the public sale on Monday. Couldn't get seats close together in the Broomloan. I can't help thinking that the ticket office has been a bit disingenuous given that a significant number of single match tickets have now appeared, including seats together, that were not available as part of the package. It will definitely make me think twice about when and how to buy in future. (None of that will matter to those designing the sales though given that the support is a captive audience and demand generally far outweighs supply).

CoopBlue

I bought a three-match package via the MyGers sale (after more than 24 hours of trying) and got my mate one on the public sale on Monday. Couldn't get seats close together in the Broomloan. I can't help thinking that the ticket office has been a bit disingenuous given that a significant number of single match tickets have now appeared, including seats together, that were not available as part of the package. It will definitely make me think twice about when and how to buy in future. (None of that will matter to those designing the sales though given that the support is a captive audience and demand generally far outweighs supply).

Agreed. And plenty seats together showing.

And there is no way we are selling all the remaining tickets between now and kick off tomorrow - too many left.

I maintain that the ticketing process and strategy needs seriously looking at.

JohnD

And there is no way we are selling all the remaining tickets between now and kick off tomorrow - too many left.

Absolutely.

I assume the club run focus groups that look at these things, or am I being naive?

The whole process could be so much more user-friendly.

CoopBlue

Absolutely.

I assume the club run focus groups that look at these things, or am I being naive?

The whole process could be so much more user-friendly.

The 'focus groups' are just a tick box exercise to make it look as if they are taking fans thoughts into consideration. They simply pay lip service.

CoopBlue

None of the 3 will be a sell out. The prices are a fucking joke.

My tickets on the Kop tonight for Liverpool Milan is cheaper than the general sale for our game tomorrow.

Whilst i agree that our pricing could be questioned by the fans, it is the case that we are in far more need for the cash than a club like Liverpool. This is how the club will see it - maximise revenue etc.

But unfortunately it comes at a cost by not having a full stadium with every seat filled.

There needs to be a balance sought.

Valley Bluenose

RTV? Completed it mate!
I can't be arsed checking the Main Stand but did a quick count of available seats in the Govan Stand, Govan East Corner, Broomloan and Copland. Grand total of 308 seats left in those 3 stands as at 1300hrs according to the stadium seating plan. Enclosure has 199 seats left, many Restricted View. Club Deck has 831 left as at 1325hrs. So, excluding Main Stand there are 1338 seats left according to stadium plan - unless there's more to release.

Might try the Main Stand later.

Edit: I make it 536 free seats in the Main Stand, with many Restricted View.

That would mean, as at 1340hrs a grand total of 1874 tickets left. Seems very low - but good - and is based entirely on the stadium seating plan being correct.

Last edited:

SSR

You paid money to join MyGers for among other things an option to buy tickets before they go on General sale.
Then better tickets become available in General sale.. poor show that :oops:

ssblue

I can't be arsed checking the Main Stand but did a quick count of available seats in the Govan Stand, Govan East Corner, Broomloan and Copland. Grand total of 308 seats left in those 3 stands as at 1300hrs according to the stadium seating plan. Enclosure has 199 seats left, many Restricted View. Club Deck has 831 left as at 1325hrs. So, excluding Main Stand there are 1338 seats left according to stadium plan - unless there's more to release.

Might try the Main Stand later.
That is a significant change from last night/first thing this morning.

Good to hear.

MearnsUnionist

Mate, at the very most, there is only 2k tickets left for tomorrow night.
Who's to say we won't shift them by kick off?

The way some folk are banging on about it on here, you'd think we'd only shifted 35/40k.

Valley Bluenose

RTV? Completed it mate!
That is a significant change from last night/first thing this morning.

Good to hear.
I've now done the Main Stand and get a grand total of 1874 tickets left across the entire Stadium. That surprises me but that's what the plan currently indicates. Of course, tickets will be getting put in baskets and 'held' so numbers fluctuate all the time.

Either way, unless there's a biggish batch still to release its looking very good.