Sir Alex at Ibrox last night meeting RvN

Gut has been a wank numerous times about the club and people no longer here to defend themselves.
This nonsense has been discussed on here before.
If that is the best you have got you really have nothing.
Yes, he was of the opinion that someone else at Ibrox didn't like him and that affected his own standing inside the club.
But most of us who have had long working careers probably had reason to think the same at different places we worked in.
That’s life.
Maybe he was right, maybe he imagined it, who really knows?

This nonsense has been discussed on here before.
If that is the best you have got you really have nothing.
Yes, he was of the opinion that someone else at Ibrox didn't like him and that affected his own standing inside the club.
But most of us who have had long working careers probably had reason to think the same at different places we worked in.
That’s life.
Maybe he was right, maybe he imagined it, who really knows?
We all know what he is trying to insinuate but he's just too much of a shitebag to come out and say it.

Just ignore him.

Folk on here are worse than woman
1609358154588.PNG

We were standing outside at the end of the game waiting for a taxi when he came out, got a big cheer from the crowd waiting to see him.
I thought he looked pished but someone said he didn’t drink anymore.

From what my aged brain remembers, Ferguson was pissed off at Davie White for not playing him. I think that may have been after Fergie left Billy McNeil to head a goal against us. If so, Davie was quite right in his decision.

Ferguson spun it to blame Rangers for not accepting his wife as she was a catholic and we got rid of him for that reason by making life intolerable at Ibrox.

I don't know which story is true but any time I met him when he was with St.Mirren, he was very affable and knew I was a Rangers fan and I always felt that he didn't hold a grudge against us.

That was the big bald centre half, dont recall his name......criticised him in a book IIRC and was gone before he knew it !
He fell out with RVN too.

Ruud was fuming that younger players like Ronaldo and Rooney were getting ahead of him :D

Last time I heard him speak of us he was talking about ‘putting the knife’ in us. Strange choice of words for a Rangers man.

Are you referring to the Amazon film about him?
Sure it was a question he was asked and he didn't use those words - referring to why he had such a desire to beat Rangers when he was at Aberdeen.

Last time I heard Sir Alex Ferguson speak re: Rangers was at Walter Smith's memorial and that for me summed him up. Class

Are you referring to the Amazon film about him?
Sure it was a question he was asked and he didn't use those words - referring to why he had such a desire to beat Rangers when he was at Aberdeen.

Last time I heard Sir Alex Ferguson speak re: Rangers was at Walter Smith's memorial and that for me summed him up. Class
He used exactly those words. He was asked why he was so angry after winning the ‘83 SCF vs Rangers and was asked if it just about being the best team in Scotland and he made it clear it was more about ‘putting the knife’ in Rangers.
I’ve never met the man but it does sound like he’s a ‘Rangers man’ in Rangers circles, not so much when speaking of us in public.

In Ferguson's first autobiography he makes it clear that he was married when he joined Rangers and the club knew who the local lad was married to. He says he left very reluctantly after being frozen out of the team in Davie White's time, following that Cup final defeat. He also says he was raging that, soon after he left, White was replaced by Waddell (especially as folk at Ibrox had tried to tip him off about it).

Still think he remains a big supporter of us,. Your beliefs, Value system developed early in life don't often change. During his time at SM & Aberdeen of course he had to prove himself on the biggest stage possible by beating us.

He used exactly those words. He was asked why he was so angry after winning the ‘83 SCF vs Rangers and was asked if it just about being the best team in Scotland and he made it clear it was more about ‘putting the knife’ in Rangers.
I’ve never met the man but it does sound like he’s a ‘Rangers man’ in Rangers circles, not so much when speaking of us in public.

You're correct, he did use those words 'wanted to put the knife them...'

But in context:
"I've no idea why I did it (the rant). I wanted this to be the moment when we set ourselves as the best team Scotland ever had."
'In all honesty, was it about being the best team or hammering Rangers?'
"I think it was probably about beating Rangers - wanted to put the knife them"

His face showed true emotion as he said the words. Neary 40 years on, admitting that he wanted to hurt the club he loved

I'll go by his actions and own words. He's recently said he only "supports" us in OF games as a bit of a wind up to his Celtic supporting son. Aye sounds staunch as feck.
Once a Ranger always a Ranger

Would be very surprised if that does not apply to SAF too

White patter? New 1 on me. The Bernadette 1 is classic FF crap patter if someone dares have a different opinion.
Having a different opinion and having an ill founded, baseless opinion are not the same. If it's ok with you, I'll trust the knowledge of those who have known the man for decades rather than your interesting take, like Archie and Walter among others.

Didn’t Fergie have a big falling out with Ruud leading to the latter leaving United?

Yes. RVN didn't like Fergie playing a young Ronaldo and was complaining about him. In reply Fergie accused him of being arrogant. I think it came to a head with an incident on the subs bench one game. Fergie talks about in his book. He explains how they fell out and RVN left Utd without speaking to him again. Several years later Fergie gets woken up in the middle of the night by a call from a number he didn't know. He answered and it was RVN. All he said was gaffer you were right to sell me and I was In the wrong, apologised and hung up.

Wasn't it Jaap Stam? Could be wrong mind.

The issue with RvN and Fergie came from Ronaldo I believe, RvN wasnt happy with how Fergie was giving him special treatment and made a comment about his Dad who had died of alcoholism. Dont think Fergie took kindly to it and then sold him.

Not much love lost after seeing them pose together though.

Aye, the pensioner who had a serious brain in incident a few years back should be up and down like a whores arse to every game and saying nice things to please you.

The fck is wrong with some people.
Aye, the pensioner who had a serious brain in incident a few years back should be up and down like a whores arse to every game and saying nice things to please you.

The fck is wrong with some people.
Tell me how he loves Rangers then?

From what my aged brain remembers, Ferguson was pissed off at Davie White for not playing him. I think that may have been after Fergie left Billy McNeil to head a goal against us. If so, Davie was quite right in his decision.

Ferguson spun it to blame Rangers for not accepting his wife as she was a catholic and we got rid of him for that reason by making life intolerable at Ibrox.

I don't know which story is true but any time I met him when he was with St.Mirren, he was very affable and knew I was a Rangers fan and I always felt that he didn't hold a grudge against us.
Colin Stein took Fergie's place.
Although the few times they played together they worked really well as a pair.
It was a managerial fckup to ask Fergie to mark McNeill at a corner.
Rangers signed Ferguson in full knowledge of his wife's religion.
He was an ever present first pick until Stein was signed.
Fergie's goal return was very respectable, he was a popular player amongst the support.
I never heard any supporter discuss his wife.
Indeed I never heard any supporter discuss any players fckn wife!

Given what we know it’s pretty mental that anyone would ever even attempt to claim he loves us. I think quite a few fans desperately wish he loved us because of his stature within the game.
Ffsake, he both supported the club as a youngster and then lived his dream to play for us.
However he was a professional in a competitive sport.
So love is a corny word.
As a professional he carved out a career at many clubs and thus his loyalties are divided and United are where his football soul was truly enriched.
The people most desperate on here are those who are enraged at some hurty words in ghost written books.

Ffsake, he both supported the club as a youngster and then lived his dream to play for us.
However he was a professional in a competitive sport.
So love is a corny word.
As a professional he carved out a career at many clubs and thus his loyalties are divided and United are where his football soul was truly enriched.
The people most desperate on here are those who are enraged at some hurty words in ghost written books.
Some hurty words? Hardly just hurty words, they were rather serious accusations and had anyone else made them they’d be torn down here. He made it easy for the club’s enemies to go and tar us with the sectarian brush and given his stature within the game that was horrible PR. He loaded the gun for mentally challengeds and other haters alike. It’s even worse when you factor in that some of what he was saying was lies.

But because he’s the probably the best club manager ever and people want to believe that we’re special to him, let’s just forget all about that all of that and his assurance that he only supports us to wind up his mentally challenged loving son, in favour of pretending he loves us? Nah, I think sweeping all of that under the carpet is a bit more desperate. He certainly loved Walter, but someone who loves the club doesn’t say what he’s said past and present.

Last edited:
Back