Sir Alex Ferguson says the Boys' Brigade taught him teamwork

Sure and Steadfast.

5th Wishaw.

I got the opportunity to spend some time with my first Company Section Captain, many years later, as he fell into ill health. A wonderful man, and some of the best and educational times of my life.

181 Springburn.

Our football team set many records.

Losing to other BB teams by 28-0, 36-0, 14-0 regularly wasn't easy, but somehow we managed to nail it.

177 Lifeboys (resplendent with the round navy style hat) at St Thomas Church Parkhead before moving to senior section 208 Pollok. Company was so big we had an accordion band and a separate pipe band. Church parades once a month were awesome. :D

I loved my time in the Anchor boys then the Boys Brigade I don't hear anyone talking about it these days is it still going strong ?

I enrolled my foster son in our local anchor boys, only 5 sometimes 6 of them.

235th. Govanhill Life Boy's , became a Group Leader then into 235th., Boy's Brigade at 12yrs.of age i think ? Won a silver medal for " best drilled recruit "lol, and was in the football teams of both the " Lifey's and the BB ( Pill Box Hats in those days ) plus PT training and vaulting every Thursday night in the Gym at Strathbungo Sen. Sec . School in Craigie St., Crosshill . Great day's and the only downside was that our football strip was a Hibs one ......YUKKKK !!!!:p .

235 Glasgow

Sadly went defunct when the church closed
The Church closed Blue Baloo and then became the home of Lodge Clydesdale 556 ( my mother lodge )also Lodge Govanhill and Lodge Shalom where the grub was brilliant on a visitation night :D . Ah! the memories ;) .

According to Irish Republicans (and therefore almost certainly the Scottish variety too) the Boys' Brigade is a paramilitary organisation. (no joking)
For more info google Jude Collins and the BB.

The Church closed Blue Baloo and then became the home of Lodge Clydesdale 556 ( my mother lodge )also Lodge Govanhill and Lodge Shalom where the grub was brilliant on a visitation night :D . Ah! the memories ;) .
That's the hall on butterbiggins rd (now a mosque)

I'm also a 556 brother and a 167 Hillington BB man!

Hullo Hullo Brother CC :) , I wrote a conversation out there but can't find a send button on this new lay out , when i find out how to send it i will ( Auld git loyal ! ) ;)

Back