Sir Alex Ferguson talking about the one thing he took from his time at Rangers

I keep reading that Ferguson was a failure at Rangers but as someone who watched him during his time at the club I can say that he gave 100% every game, he wasn't anywhere near Colin Stein as a front man but he was never a failure as his goals tally will tell you. 36 goals in 68 appearances was a great return. For those interested the person that seemed to be against his marriage apparently because of his wife's religion was Willie Allison, he wasn't a director of the club but was a close friend of John Lawrence back then.
Whilst at Aberdeen as manager Ferguson liked nothing better than putting it to us and the east end hovel dwellers.
Fergie also scored a hat-trick against us as a St Johnstone player at Ibrox in 1963, not bad for such a dud.

So you think he was a better player than Colin Stein? As I said, if he was such a good player and we were getting rid of him for a bag of nuts, why didn’t he go to a bigger club than Falkirk?

So you think he was a better player than Colin Stein? As I said, if he was such a good player and we were getting rid of him for a bag of nuts, why didn’t he go to a bigger club than Falkirk?
I was even more surprised at the time given Jim Forrest's scoring record in our colours that he finished up at second division Preston North End.

Sorry, I think we've got crossed wires. I'm talking about the situation with his wife where Rangers asked if his wife was catholic. I'm not sure about the Colin Stein situation tbh

Sorry, I think we've got crossed wires. I'm talking about the situation with his wife where Rangers asked if his wife was catholic. I'm not sure about the Colin Stein situation tbh
No lines aren’t crossed at all. Fergie’s ego was telling him the only reason we got rid of him was his wife’s religion. When in reality we bought a better player to replace him. My point being, if his wife’s religion was the only reason and he was so good, why did he go to Falkirk? Had we got rid of Bassey because of his wife’s religion (which I neither know, nor wish to know) do you think he would have gone to Falkirk?

I am old enough to remember Fergie playing for us and he was a good player but not as good as Colin Stein. I just wish he had stayed on longer as I always felt he would have made a good partnership with Stein up front. Fergie always gave 100% and was as hard as nails. If Waddle had been his manager I think he would have done well.

We will never see the likes of Ferguson in Football ever again.

Don’t ever let anyone kid you that he doesn’t love Glasgow Rangers either. He bled blue growing up and he still does, deep down inside he bleeds blue.
Absolutely. He comes fae Govan and never forgets his roots and that includes Rangers FC.

My mum used to baby sit for him and his wife when he was at Rangers.

She said his wife was always really pleasant and he was a torn face miserable bastard.

That story is nonsense. We brought in a better player to replace him. I was a big Fergie fan when he played for us but, if his wife was the reason we got rid, why did he go to Falkirk? If he was as good a player as he thought he was why didn’t he go to Arsenal or Everton or City?
The guy in question was the PR guy at the Club, I met his daughter and she said it was true and that he had certain opinions about RCs, more staunch than the staunchest staunch on here

Fck him, his father's a bheast his brothers a bheast he acts like a bheast.
Utter mince, Martin Ferguson was a big bluenose. They both grew up as Rangers supporters but being involved in the game can take you off in different directions. I think if they were watching an Old Firm game they’d still be rooting for the good guys.

Back