Six months loans,with the option to buy.

So do I, Graeme Murty.

If he does well between now and summer and gets us to second place, Scottish cup win and a victory over celtic then all the bears will be crying out for him to take charge.

You are possibly correct, although I'm not sure ALL THE Bears will be pushing for Murty ;)

Loans used to be thought of as small time but everyone is doing it, even Man Utd and Real Madrid and it makes perfect sense with the amount of money involved in transfers.

It’s win win, the prospective buying club gets to test drive the player and if he does well they sign him, if not then at least the selling club has got him off the wage bill for six months.

so is the price and terms a contractual obligation? My main concern is someone comes in, tears up the league, then suddenly the selling club is looking for more, or has other clubs offering more - is it really that watertight that we can definitely buy at the set price?

Loans used to be thought of as small time but everyone is doing it, even Man Utd and Real Madrid and it makes perfect sense with the amount of money involved in transfers.

It’s win win, the prospective buying club gets to test drive the player and if he does well they sign him, if not then at least the selling club has got him off the wage bill for six months.

I fully agree and made a similar point further up. We should have been doing this with all the high risk purchases recently and in particular 2012 with the likes of Templeton.

Players like Martin are a no brainer. Contract is up in the summer and if he stars for us then he could be our next Davie Weir as a free transfer. If he turns out a Senderos then we’ve only wasted 4 months wages on him.

We simply can’t afford any errors in signing players for 1 million upwards so I think it’s the only way for us to do business at this moment in time.

Try before you buy

I fully agree and made a similar point further up. We should have been doing this with all the high risk purchases recently and in particular 2012 with the likes of Templeton.

Players like Martin are a no brainer. Contract is up in the summer and if he stars for us then he could be our next Davie Weir as a free transfer. If he turns out a Senderos then we’ve only wasted 4 months wages on him.

the trouble is, it only works if the club the players are coming from want them off the books or they are running down their contract anyway. A player a club wants to keep is not going to be allowed to move on loan with a view to a deal. The players we are getting in on loan to buy deals are all moving on anyway and it suits both parties to do it the way we are.

The other positive is that don't need to go chasing every player under the sun in the summer, they are there, they have proven or not that they are worth keeping, and prices have been agreed.
Should be in a position where some will move on but the core and stability is in place.
Sound business and a big positive on the way to move forward..

Back