Six months of hard work blown inside three weeks

Too bad we've wasted money on a woman's team.

I'm all for woman's football but dear god can we start the spinoffs once we've actually won something with the team that counts

What is the budget for the women's team, and what extra could that have got us for the first team that would've changed any of the recent poor performances?

This team needs ripped apart in the summer. Assets needs sold and the deadwood need binned.

We need bastards in the team who simply will not accept defeat or second best. Right now, we have none except McGregor. Absolutely sick of this Rangers team losing late goals THEN pretending to care about winning the game before moaning at FT.
Agreed. Get rid of Morelos, Tavernier and Barisic for a good chunk and blow the money on 5/6 players FROM OUTSIDE OF ENGLISH LEAGUE OPTIONS and upgrade the first XI and subs properly.

Winners win when it matters.

When it matters this team loses.

It takes more than ability to win titles. It takes bottle and desire. The last 3 weeks prove we simply don't have either.
The perfect summary. No other words will sum it up more eloquently that this.

winners, win.
Simple as that.
This team simply doesn’t have the mentality to win a title.
Its all well and good beating the filth, but when we can’t back it up after that, and drop so many points and allow a goal difference to go from neck and neck to something like a 16 goal swing in their favour, we just don’t deserve to win it.

I would love it if we overcame it, pulled it back or whatever. But in reality, it’s over.

We are solidly better than 3rd place. It's not like previous seasons where we were scrapping it out with an Aberdeen side on a 3rd of our budget and finishing behind them.

Not a slight on you mate but if that’s where we are as a club having spent what we’ve spent we may as well pack it up.

Ahead of third by miles should be the minimum requirement given our budget compared to those below.

Not a slight on you mate but if that’s where we are as a club having spent what we’ve spent we may as well pack it up.

Ahead of third by miles should be the minimum requirement given our budget compared to those below.

We are 19 points ahead of 3rd with a game in hand. On course to finish about 30 points clear.

I
Agree 100% with what the OP has said.

I'm convinced, without doubt, that it's a mental thing. The team have no bottle when they're up against hard working and hard hitting teams. Some of our best performances this season have been in Europe and against Celtic when we were the underdog. Turn the tables and we're the favourites away from home against a struggling underdog team and we collapse.
think it’s much more simple than that......I think after the 29th, that this team began to believe their own hype, and that someone should’ve been shouting in their ears since they came back, that they’ve not won nothing yet, that their still in the process of learning how to be winners, and each match is part of that learning process and HAS to be won!!!!! Or at least played with 100% effort like the 29th!

.... unless someone invests some serious cash, it’ll be a long time before we experience another league title......

That's the crux of it.

2nd place 10 points (net 7) behind Celtic and 19 points ahead of 3rd placed Aberdeen is exactly where we'd expect to be according to our resources.

I still think Gerrard can get us there but only with the finances that are not too far behind their level (a problem that needs some sort of solution).

I feel it’s more a reactionary change; he almost gets too caught up in the game still thinking as a player rather than a manager. it’s like he watches the game thinking about what he would do if he was on it.

Reacting just turns to desperation. Leaving Davis on the bench when we were losing out in the midfield, then going two up top (which we’ve done a few times now) when we’ve not used that system in a winning position probably since that Motherwell game is last throw of the dice stuff.

He needs to begin using his subs, his squad and pre-empt the way the game is going and get ahead of it, especially from a winning position.

Like much of the Club's dealings, we are often reactive rather than proactive.

Davis would have been sensible move at 1-0. Is he carrying a knock? Where was Kamara?

It's apparent he doesn't trust more than a small group of players. It's the reason a few of them are continually used even when woefully out-of-form.

I think this season we have made significant strides. But you're right, there are reoccurring blocks that are costing points and ultimately trophies - and that is concerning.

In the Cup Final, the use of Barker was odd given it neutered Kent by moving him inside to a congested area.

Kent gets pelters at the moment and rightfully so. Let’s look at our other big players, goldson, Tav, Jack, Alfie. Not one of them stepped up. The amount of times Tav and jack ju
Feck knows where we go from here. How the feck did we manage to win titles with guys like broadfoot. Edu. Jig. Etc. Maybe we need to win battles first

We had McGregor, weir, bougie, prime Davis, Ferguson, Mendes, prime Naismith (I feel dirty) and Jelavic

That's the crux of it.

2nd place 10 points (net 7) behind Celtic and 19 points ahead of 3rd placed Aberdeen is exactly where we'd expect to be according to our resources.

I still think Gerrard can get us there but only with the finances that are not too far behind their level (a problem that needs some sort of solution).
Their level? Rangers have torn this mob apart 4, arguably 5, times in 18 months...

Rangers are at their level ability wise but not consistency wise.

League's done. It's over. Celtic will win this league by double figures in April.

That second half performance from all concerned was diabolical. Not a single pass mark. Not a single player wanting it enough. Too busy fannying about to kill the game off.

There isn't a supporter on here who will be fooled by the calvary charge at 80 minutes when it's 1-1. There isn't a supporter on here who wasn't screaming for a change before hand when we were losing every single loose and second ball in the middle of the park.

Mentally ? This team don't have it post winter break. The serious stuff starts and we absolutely cave in. Meanwhile the Yahoos have a nice wee procession of 3, 4 and 5 goal humpings against the same set of teams we're toiling against. Watch them rack up another cricket score on Sunday at a place we routinely struggle at.

To drop two points tonight would've hurt. To lose all three from where we were at 76 minutes is unacceptable.
Six months of hard work blown from incompetent refs whistle's

You could see it coming from a mile away tonight.

Mid way through the second half and Kilmarnock’s good start to the half had turned in to them controlling the game, looking far the more likely to score and then we all know what happened next.

We’ve seen this movie so many fucking times and it’s utterly bizarre to me that we don’t seem capable of learning any lessons at all, whether that be against Killie, Aberdeen, Hearts at Tynecastle or whoever.

I seriously don’t know how I feel about Gerrard being the manager anymore but something needs to come to a head or he won’t be here to see out his contract.

People that keep believing this tripe are utterly deluded to the truth.
Yeah players have been poor but when they are picking up silly bookings like the one for Kent tonight they are not going to commit to every challenge in fear of picking up a second yellow.

Yeah players have been poor but when they are picking up silly bookings like the one for Kent tonight they are not going to commit to every challenge in fear of picking up a second yellow.

It’s a convenient excuse, that’s all it is.

I mentioned this earlier but another issue is that we are up against other teams who are loaded with scum supporters. Tonight we had Brophy, O'Donnell, Power, Findlay, Burke (!). They naturally want to win for Killie but by christ they also want to stick it up us and will give 110%. We should expect this so god knows why we aren't prepared for it.

I cant stand this anymore man, it's becoming a seasonal routine with this club

I've got my group chat full of Motherwell fans, Killie fans, Tims, Sheep messaging me: "you okay bro, I'm here if you need me" like I'm on fucking SUICIDE WATCH

We have to win a trophy this season, we can't continue to cement our place as the banter club cos NOBODY likes to support the banter club
Hahaha man up ffs

We need to sell Tav, Goldson and Morelos and if possible Kent who has been a horrific waste of money.
We have too many serial losers in this team. I don’t think the Board have money to remove SG and bring in another manager.
However it isn’t looking good with SG he never learns from his mistakes and doesn’t know how to play against defensive teams.
This is a post that suggests that our big spends have been ill conceived. Unfortunately, I think that's the case. Each player, at certain times has been fantastic but there is no consistency, and no sign of better yet to come. poor stuff from all four tonight.

You don’t win at Scottish football playing this faux Barca hipster coach thing.

Even Lennon’s worked that out, FFS!
I get the impression we are a bit snobbish tactically. We collapse when teams get in our face. Who or where is our defensive midfielder?

It's been a long time since I have been this disappointed in a group of players and coaches. I really thought we would win the league this year.
I would settle for giving the mentally challengeds a run. Like yourself I am bitterly disappointed. No man including Gerrard is above criticism

Need the scum to lose three games and us win every one of ours? I really am struggling to see that happening if i’m honest. Sickened!

League's done. It's over. Celtic will win this league by double figures in April.

That second half performance from all concerned was diabolical. Not a single pass mark. Not a single player wanting it enough. Too busy fannying about to kill the game off.

There isn't a supporter on here who will be fooled by the calvary charge at 80 minutes when it's 1-1. There isn't a supporter on here who wasn't screaming for a change before hand when we were losing every single loose and second ball in the middle of the park.

Mentally ? This team don't have it post winter break. The serious stuff starts and we absolutely cave in. Meanwhile the Yahoos have a nice wee procession of 3, 4 and 5 goal humpings against the same set of teams we're toiling against. Watch them rack up another cricket score on Sunday at a place we routinely struggle at.

To drop two points tonight would've hurt. To lose all three from where we were at 76 minutes is unacceptable.

spot on mate

they should be fn ashamed of themselves

Not sure what to say or where we go from here

Baffling, soul destroying & gut wrenching

Wide awake just wondering Wtf
All the talk of Gerrard leaving and us bringing someone else in is melting my head, I'd imagine we're talking a fortune for a start

Not sure what to say or where we go from here

Baffling, soul destroying & gut wrenching

Wide awake just wondering Wtf
I’m same as yourself I can’t fathom it out, where did our high pressing game, tight control of the ball & swagger we had pre winter break go to, we just seem bereft of any fight or passion the now, how has this happened in such a short space of time

All the talk of Gerrard leaving and us bringing someone else in is melting my head, I'd imagine we're talking a fortune for a start
Gerrard isn't going anywhere anytime soon, but even the most blinded bear can see it's not looking good for him.

Gerrard can point to European results plus a year on year improvement in the squad.

Bottom line for me is that we dont have the money to put together a title winning squad against a rival with about 50% more spending power and a squad that is far deeper and more experienced.

They need to screw it up probably more than we need to over-perform. Expecting it given the circumstances is to expect the unexpected.

I don’t think it’s unrealistic to expect us to stay with them beyond January, or to get a squad together that can beat the likes of Hearts and Kilmarnock when Morelos isn’t firing.

It is inexcusable and I for one don’t want to hear anything that Gerrard has to say tonight,

He should just leave the post match stuff because there are no words to describe the utter dross that his ‘leaders’ have just served up.

Agreed. SG has been saying the same crap for the past month, that we're not playing well, etc but nothing changes, he is getting no positive response from his players. Just wonder if SG superstar lustre is starting to lose its sparkle with the players.

Not remotely asking for SG's head but something ain't right within the club, we cannot go from the high of 29 December to the current low and believe everything is fine.

Truly depressing situation we are in once again. First half of the season we had a level of consistency required of a title winning team. Fast forward to now, just a few games later and we are a shadow of that side and look like we are going to finish miles behind.

What do we do then?
I honestly don’t know mate. I think we just have to hope it gets better...and Gerrard and Tavernier’s interviews after the game suggest they are doing the same.
Gerrard has taken us forward but he’s taken us as far as he can. Another cash injection and someone else to get us back lifting trophies is what we need.

That’s why I can’t get my head around.
A great first half to the season and then for the second year in succession, we buckle when faced with teams who want to have a fight.

That is the concern. As hard as last years post Winter break collapse was to take, at least we all thought lessons were learned and therefore could ensure we hit ground running from the off this time around. However even our first game back, against lowly Stranraer, set alarm bells ringing, a quite dreadful performance, quickly followed by more of the same, week in week out. In fact results and performances even poorer than this time last season.

We are a team that fights hard to get near the summit but hasn't the bottle or character to take the final steps to get on top. We need to fill our side with winners, battlers, not bottlers - until we do that success will remain elusive.

I never thought I’d live to see Celtic come anywhere near winning ten league titles in a row. But that’s the very scenario we are on the precipice of right now. To the bears that say it doesn’t count or matter then I wonder what does matter to you.

We were so slow and sloppy in the second half, we needed a change around the 55/60 minute mark. Hagi was doing nothing, Kent was invisible. Aribo just coasting we needed more, this is why we have a bench we need to utilise our options a lot more. I have to agree the league is gone through our own failings. Absolute gutting.

Hagi, Aribo and Kent are our creative players, the ones with responsibility to make a difference, our game winners, and tonight they would have been better sitting beside me on my sofa watching for all the impact they made.

Gutted doesn't even come close to describing how I feel right now. Oh well another season of being 1st among the losers.

I dont understand the bottling thing. It happens every year yet we have different players. There must be something wrong in the background.

Since the winter break, Celtic have come back at the league with a new formation and style of play that the rest of the league can't handle because it's new and they haven't yet figured out how to counter it. We came back with the same old tactic we've been using for 18 months and they all know how to counter perfectly. It's hardly a surprise that we're falling behind.

There are many among our support of the opinion that TLB would go into meltdown when faced by a challenge from Rangers for the title.

If only it was so but unfortunately the reverse seems to have taken place and he is thriving. Defeat at our hands in December has made him change the teams shape and formation and they now seem unstoppable.

Perhaps SG can learn a valuable lesson from TLB, that formation and team shape can be changed, that a Plan B might bring a freshness and a spark to the side. It is plain for us all to see that our current 433 set up is not working well.

We need to sell Tav, Goldson and Morelos and if possible Kent who has been a horrific waste of money.
We have too many serial losers in this team. I don’t think the Board have money to remove SG and bring in another manager.
However it isn’t looking good with SG he never learns from his mistakes and doesn’t know how to play against defensive teams.

This is the kind of idiotic knee jerk reaction nonsense that is symptomatic of this place when the going gets tough.

I don’t want to dissect this post too much but what good does selling, ability wise, our 4 best players achieve when there is currently no guarantee will get any serious money for them?

Also, why sell those 4? Were you saying that 3 weeks ago? With Tav, who missed most of the sh*t we witnessed post winter break why is he being targeted?

Something needs fixed and it needs to happen soon but we need to remain objective in our assessment here and avoid the emotional BS I’ve quoted above.

Since the winter break, Celtic have come back at the league with a new formation and style of play that the rest of the league can't handle because it's new and they haven't yet figured out how to counter it. We came back with the same old tactic we've been using for 18 months and they all know how to counter perfectly. It's hardly a surprise that we're falling behind.

When your tactic gets found out, change it up! This 4-3-2-1 has been well and truly found out. Imagine the panic in the Kilmarnock side if we suddenly played a different system than the one they'd prepared for? But no, we do exactly what they want us to.

We have been playing this formation and style a lot longer than eighteen months. We wonder why we have zero squad depth despite multiple faces in and around the squad. Refusal to adapt or change is the issue and Gerrard is about another bad result away from serious calls for his head and in all honesty, rightly so. Depends on the manner of the way we win nothing now if Gerrard is here or not next season. Very depressing and in my opinion, self inflicted.

Started a thread last week about Kent not doing enough and a few said he's out of form, give him a break etc. This is the crunch time and he has went missing. You can also add our £7m man has no heart to that as well!

We are a team of bottle merchants.

Folk will Dress the Europa League pish up all they want, when it comes to it, we shit the bed.

We are perennial losers. We are Celtic of the 90’s.

We laughed hard back then. The shoe is on the other foot now.

We simply don’t have it.

Incredible that is only just over 6 weeks since we turned them over on their own patch by 1 goal going on 4.

I honest thought that result would kick us on to the title. We were playing with swagger and looked twice the the team they were. We looked super fit and ran them into the ground.

Cant get my head around what’s happened since. Thinking the jobs done? We are now looking tired and heavy legged.

We’ve turned into a team that raises there game in europe and against the mentally challengeds like other teams do against us and then drop the standards for the majority of other games and we’ll mever win %^*& all like that. I doubt we’ll win %^*& all with him in charge anyway.

Also the same folk that were laughing like %^*& when lennon got the job need to take a long hard look at himself cause he’s shown gerrard how to win things as a manager , wouldn’t surpise me if he done a double treble as manager and NO Rangers manager should survive watching there biggest rivals do that

Back