Six months of hard work blown inside three weeks

I would also put my mortgage on a fantastic post split run leading to "Hey, buy a season ticket, next season is the one, honestly".
Me and the wee fella are on the waiting list, but if the board will not help off the pitch (press, refs) to name but two, They can phucking shove it.
IMO the board are playing a dangerous game with the fans goodwill and it could turn sour pretty quickly.

We have been playing this formation and style a lot longer than eighteen months. We wonder why we have zero squad depth despite multiple faces in and around the squad. Refusal to adapt or change is the issue and Gerrard is about another bad result away from serious calls for his head and in all honesty, rightly so. Depends on the manner of the way we win nothing now if Gerrard is here or not next season. Very depressing and in my opinion, self inflicted.

I agree, it's been since Warburton arrived. At first, it blew sides away, they had no answer to it. Then St Johnstone pummelled us and everyone saw how to beat us. We'd effectively already won the Championship by that point because of the good start, so we kind of accepted it, assuming it was a dip in form as the players weren't fully mentally up for it having already all but secured promotion. But it was probably us being found out as it continued under Warburton and then Pedro.

Gerrard breathed a bit of new life into the formation; it honestly seems like Gerrard is better at identifying centre halves and setting up a defence, but the formation still leaves them exposed on the counter.

Neil Lennon is not too proud to switch it up, Gerrard had better have a long hard think about the same thing now. We're all getting fed up of watching the same matches over and over, with us struggling to break down sides that are sitting deep, time wasting, and hitting us on the counter.

There are many among our support of the opinion that TLB would go into meltdown when faced by a challenge from Rangers for the title.

If only it was so but unfortunately the reverse seems to have taken place and he is thriving. Defeat at our hands in December has made him change the teams shape and formation and they now seem unstoppable.

Perhaps SG can learn a valuable lesson from TLB, that formation and team shape can be changed, that a Plan B might bring a freshness and a spark to the side. It is plain for us all to see that our current 433 set up is not working well.
Gerrard would be thriving also if he had been given a league cup due to refereeing incompetence and had his starting 11 exempt from being officiated properly

This is the kind of idiotic knee jerk reaction nonsense that is symptomatic of this place when the going gets tough.

I don’t want to dissect this post too much but what good does selling, ability wise, our 4 best players achieve when there is currently no guarantee will get any serious money for them?

Also, why sell those 4? Were you saying that 3 weeks ago? With Tav, who missed most of the sh*t we witnessed post winter break why is he being targeted?

Something needs fixed and it needs to happen soon but we need to remain objective in our assessment here and avoid the emotional BS I’ve quoted above.

Those 4 best players have won nothing and have achieved nothing. I have been saying This about Tav since the Hibs cup final.
A captain drags his team over the line in vital matches like Lego does with them. Tavernier crumbles as like the rest of the team they can’t deal with the pressure of being consistent.
How any Rangers fan isn’t emotional with a near decade of winning %^*& all I don’t know. Right now we are a better version of Warburton’s team.
We play a system with an attacker and two players to either side. These two rarely score and their assists record is poor also.
It is the fault of Gerrard not to realise his players aren’t good enough to play 433 consistently enough and that he isn’t a good enough manager to change it.
Lennon got gubbed at Parkhead by us, changed to 2 up front and a back 3 and they have won every game since humping teams in the process.

You stay unemotional if you want pal.

Incredible that is only just over 6 weeks since we turned them over on their own patch by 1 goal going on 4.

I honest thought that result would kick us on to the title. We were playing with swagger and looked twice the the team they were. We looked super fit and ran them into the ground.

Cant get my head around what’s happened since. Thinking the jobs done? We are now looking tired and heavy legged.

They are lazy and not used to winning.
They celebrate battles like they have won the war and get complacent. As a result when they get a fight now they crumble.
That Killie manager said he was waiting for us to crash last night and we did.

Not winning the league cup final fucked us more than most imagine. Winning a cup is key before we can win the league.

The buck completely stops at the management team for me. Gerrard is no motivator. Once you get past the superstar factor he comes over as a very dour individual and I do not think he has the personality or intelligence to either motivate by bonding the group, nor the fear factor. I watched a very worrying interview with McAllister on Rangers TV a couple of weeks ago after another shite performance where he talked about the days of "throwing tea cups are over. You dont do that with the modern footballer". Set alarm bells off with me. All top managers have that fear factor in them. That anger and ruthlessness. I do not see that in our manager or McAllister at all.

Also stupid tactical and selection decisions time after time. Last night keeping Hagi on instead of Davis when we were winning. Bloody stupid. Goldson being bombproof while playing with a different partner every week is ridiculous. He has no idea of his best partnership at the back. Ridiculous situation two years in. He just seems to throw mud at the wall hoping something sticks without a plan.

I think we need to hope gerrard is a gentleman and resigns at the end of the season. We cannot afford to sack him and his staff, while bringing in more players.
He has given us progress but just cant see him taking us the final step.

It may be boring , but we need a manager now who has been in battles at the bottom as well as at the top.
Someone in the mould of Moyes , bruce , Mclaren , allardyce etc.
As i say, folk will feign shock and horror at these names. They know how to win games though with limited players, they make teams better .
Maybe even benitez has made enough money and fancies showing gerrard how it should be done?

Reactions: TPP
Allardyce would be an outstanding appointment.

I think we need to hope gerrard is a gentleman and resigns at the end of the season. We cannot afford to sack him and his staff, while bringing in more players.

It may be boring , but we need a manager now who has been in battles at the bottom as well as at the top.
As i say, folk will feign shock and horror at these names. They know how to win games though with limited players, they make teams better .
Maybe even benitez has made enough money and fancies showing gerrard how it should be done?

That 2nd half was utterly woeful. Game was crying out for Davis to come on and put his foot on the ball. Saturday will be absolutely toxic at Ibrox

This team needs ripped apart in the summer. Assets needs sold and the deadwood need binned.

We need bastards in the team who simply will not accept defeat or second best. Right now, we have none except McGregor. Absolutely sick of this Rangers team losing late goals THEN pretending to care about winning the game before moaning at FT.

deep down, do you really trust Gerrardto build a team? It will be full of Ojo’s and Aribos. He has built this team and diluted it of any core strength.

It's an absolute let down and the mentality question is back once again and it's not going to go away

VAR would have seen us as league leaders.
I really can't believe what I'm reading ...

There's been football without VAR for 150 years and we've won 54 titles without it. As is the case with boxing, you have to be good enough to take the title from the champion and not rely on judges handing it to you.

There's been football without VAR for 150 years and we've won 54 titles without it. As is the case with boxing, you have to be good enough to take the title from the champion and not rely on judges handing it to you.
We are being cheated mate , so being better than them is irrelevant

he replaced the pressure and work rate of candieas, for fucking Ojo. I said at that time to much abuse it was symbolic of what was to come and Ojo was shite. We then signed barker......

There were very few of us who predicted that losing Candieas would be a mistake....but it was clear that a Liverpool U19 loanee wouldn't do the job. Candieas was erratic but he worked, kept the shape and didn't chuck it.

Really hard trying to work out how a team could play with such fire,passion,arrogance and looked like they wanted to win every time they played in the first half of season,i think we need a true Rangers player in there who knows what its all about , give it to teammates when not performing brown,mcoist Sound as Greig all come to mind ,he's out there just need to find him ,but we are still Rangers till we die
WATP

League's done. It's over. Celtic will win this league by double figures in April.

That second half performance from all concerned was diabolical. Not a single pass mark. Not a single player wanting it enough. Too busy fannying about to kill the game off.

There isn't a supporter on here who will be fooled by the calvary charge at 80 minutes when it's 1-1. There isn't a supporter on here who wasn't screaming for a change before hand when we were losing every single loose and second ball in the middle of the park.

Mentally ? This team don't have it post winter break. The serious stuff starts and we absolutely cave in. Meanwhile the Yahoos have a nice wee procession of 3, 4 and 5 goal humpings against the same set of teams we're toiling against. Watch them rack up another cricket score on Sunday at a place we routinely struggle at.

To drop two points tonight would've hurt. To lose all three from where we were at 76 minutes is unacceptable.
I could be wrong but I'm sure there was recent data that said we have lost more goals in the last 15 minutes of games than any other sector.

Think you are missing the point.

We don’t look for favours, only fairness.

The mentally challengeds in our position and playing as badly as us would have ground out a result last night because they don’t face game/result changing decisions going against them

The club have to speak out on this.

It’s already cost us the League cup, and while we are sometimes good enough to overcome the blatant bias against us (piggery) There are games where we don’t play well and this is when it really costs us

most of his signings have been poor, Barisic and CHs apart.
I disagree with that to an extent at least- we’ve managed to get players in who can contribute well to a degree for what we have paid for them in the main.

My issue has always been with the larger outlays where we needed a better quality of player in to really make the difference.

Grezda,Helander,Kent and arguably even Goldson haven’t provided that level of quality required when we have paid what for us,is significant transfer fees.

Imo we should have had two b.astards in defence and midfield, and two sprinkles of magic in the first team for the near sixteen million quid we shelled out on the above four.

Think you are missing the point.

We don’t look for favours, only fairness.

The mentally challengeds in our position and playing as badly as us would have ground out a result last night because they don’t face game/result changing decisions going against them

The club have to speak out on this.

It’s already cost us the League cup, and while we are sometimes good enough to overcome the blatant bias against us (piggery) There are games where we don’t play well and this is when it really costs us
In the 1989 SCF Roy Aitken took a throw in which was a Rangers throw and it led to the only goal. We complained as we were better and should have won but were still good enough to go and win the league. Complaining about refs is for losers. Would you be happy going into next season with the same squad but foreign referees? If you want new players then there's your answer, the one's we have can't win the league if we can't consistently beat Kilmarnock.

Since the winter break, Celtic have come back at the league with a new formation and style of play that the rest of the league can't handle because it's new and they haven't yet figured out how to counter it. We came back with the same old tactic we've been using for 18 months and they all know how to counter perfectly. It's hardly a surprise that we're falling behind.

When your tactic gets found out, change it up! This 4-3-2-1 has been well and truly found out. Imagine the panic in the Kilmarnock side if we suddenly played a different system than the one they'd prepared for? But no, we do exactly what they want us to.

Spot on.

We are being cheated mate , so being better than them is irrelevant

We're not better than them if we can't win often enough to win the league. If Kilmarnock only had us to play they'd win the league. I chanted cheat cheat cheat at referees for most of the 80's, dried up a bit in the 90's for some reason. Blaming referees is for losers even if they are to blame. Walter's teams found a way to win, Gerrard's have it all to do. At this point it doesn't look like this team has it in them. We gave celtic a bloody nose and so far they've responded like our 9 in a row team would've. They took the slap mowbreyesque on the chin and responded appropriately, we have responded as if the league was already won.

We're not better than them if we can't win often enough to win the league. If Kilmarnock only had us to play they'd win the league. I chanted cheat cheat cheat at referees for most of the 80's, dried up a bit in the 90's for some reason. Blaming referees is for losers even if they are to blame. Walter's teams found a way to win, Gerrard's have it all to do. At this point it doesn't look like this team has it in them. We gave celtic a bloody nose and so far they've responded like our 9 in a row team would've. They took the slap mowbreyesque on the chin and responded appropriately, we have responded as if the league was already won.
I'll repeat, if we had VAR , we would be top of the league.
That means we are better than the rest , but the way we are being refd means that we are not the best .
I didn't celebrate the win on the 29th out of pure rage at Clancy's performance.
Maybe I'm wrong , but I don't think I am . The stats prove that the mentally challengeds can foul all day and receive no bookings . Alfie just has to celebrate a goal to get booked, the same celebration he did with Rangers fans .
I could go on ...

Im completely bewildered by this.

Weve given them the league on a plate.

Agreed. We've seen the last two Christmases, you put them under serious pressure and they start to squeal like piggies.

Unexplicably, we've taken the foot off the gas both times, allowed them to regroup & saunter towards the title.

"Six months of hard work blown inside three weeks". This is the most galling part for me. After the tough December fixture list that we came through relatively unscathed, I was pretty confident we would push on and put the Shettleston Harriers under some real pressure. I cannot fathom why our arse has collapsed in such spectacular fashion. Injuries haven't helped, but the stats since the Winter break are piss poor. As baffling as it is dispiriting.

That means we are better than the rest , but the way we are being refd means that we are not the best .
I didn't celebrate the win on the 29th out of pure rage at Clancy's performance.
Maybe I'm wrong , but I don't think I am . The stats prove that the mentally challengeds can foul all day and receive no bookings . Alfie just has to celebrate a goal to get booked, the same celebration he did with Rangers fans .
I could go on ...

Sorry, but I cant get on board with this. We have dealt with honking ref decisions for decades and still won titles. The McGregor penalty save at Ibrox is still celebrated, the difference being in that season we were good enough to take care of the dross regardless of ref decisions.

Last night Beaton was awful, but that is not a cover all excuse to avoid our own mistakes.

We were not done out of points at Tynecastle or at home to Aberdeen by refs. We were just shit. We have been consistently since January. That is a massive concern that this team can go from the football we saw in December to this dross. Weve done it 2 seasons in a row.

T
I could go on ...

It's fine for you to have the view that you're the best even when you finish second. Your view results in acceptance of second best. I prefer to look at the failings of the players and staff at Ibrox for the reason we can't win titles. The real reason we aren't winning is we haven't shown that we've consistently got what it takes.

Sorry, but I cant get on board with this. We have dealt with honking ref decisions for decades and still won titles. The McGregor penalty save at Ibrox is still celebrated, the difference being in that season we were good enough to take care of the dross regardless of ref decisions.

Last night Beaton was awful, but that is not a cover all excuse to avoid our own mistakes.

We were not done out of points at Tynecastle or at home to Aberdeen by refs. We were just shit. We have been consistently since January. That is a massive concern that this team can go from the football we saw in December to this dross. Weve done it 2 seasons in a row.
Tynecastle , we were diabolical, especially after going 1 up .
Aberdeen, we were kicked off the park . Someone said Cosgrove had 10 fouls, another said he had 13 fouls and wasn't booked .
We are watching our players being assaulted.
Anyone stating we are ref'd fairly is at it

There were very few of us who predicted that losing Candieas would be a mistake....but it was clear that a Liverpool U19 loanee wouldn't do the job. Candieas was erratic but he worked, kept the shape and didn't chuck it.
Having DC as an option this season would have been interesting due to his work rate. Ojo has been a bad signing, not delivered at all.

League's done. It's over. Celtic will win this league by double figures in April.

That second half performance from all concerned was diabolical. Not a single pass mark. Not a single player wanting it enough. Too busy fannying about to kill the game off.

There isn't a supporter on here who will be fooled by the calvary charge at 80 minutes when it's 1-1. There isn't a supporter on here who wasn't screaming for a change before hand when we were losing every single loose and second ball in the middle of the park.

Mentally ? This team don't have it post winter break. The serious stuff starts and we absolutely cave in. Meanwhile the Yahoos have a nice wee procession of 3, 4 and 5 goal humpings against the same set of teams we're toiling against. Watch them rack up another cricket score on Sunday at a place we routinely struggle at.

To drop two points tonight would've hurt. To lose all three from where we were at 76 minutes is unacceptable.
Do you think the managers inability to change the game also contributes to the mentality and nerves the players are feeling?

Rafa Benitez!?

I'm not feigning shock and horror. I am genuinely horrified by the appointment of Steve Bruce and Steve McClaren.

It's always the same worn-out names that are bandied about. What are you really expecting Sam Allardyce to do?

These managers don't know how to win games. That's why they are repeatedly sacked and out of work.

Tynecastle , we were diabolical, especially after going 1 up .
Aberdeen, we were kicked off the park . Someone said Cosgrove had 10 fouls, another said he had 13 fouls and wasn't booked .
We are watching our players being assaulted.
Anyone stating we are ref'd fairly is at it

So if Cosgrove had been sent off, you think we would magically have played better and won the game?

Whether or not they had a striker on the pitch is unrelated to our inability in that game to create or convert any chances.

We have a team who cant handle the pressure.

Last night was embarrassing and a sign of team that hates pressure.

Some of our best football has been this season when there has been no pressure on.

Last night we should have just sent a bottle of moet to the scum and said congratulations on your SPL title win.

We have far better players than every other team in the league, with the exception of celtic.

The fact the players are being out fought (as that's what it comes down to most of the time, a fight) is unacceptable.

The fact other teams have worked out exactly how the gaffer is going to set us up is also unacceptable. Change it up ffs. Look what's happened when celtic changed their tactics, other teams are totally bewildered and haven't worked them out yet.

Moyes, Bruce, McLaren or Allardyce would be awful appointments, Allardyce maybe only one who would be okay but the other ones would be, as I said earlier, awful appointments. Benitez is a genuine world class manager, there is no way we can get him

So if Cosgrove had been sent off, you think we would magically have played better and won the game?

Whether or not they had a striker on the pitch is unrelated to our inability in that game to create or convert any chances.

I don't think there is anything magic about it. If you have 11 v 10, then the likelihood is you stand a far better chance of getting the victory.

I don't think there is anything magic about it. If you have 11 v 10, then the likelihood is you stand a far better chance of getting the victory.
Conversely we have struggled against 10 men multiple times as they just sit deep and dont allow us any freedom and we lack the quality to break down packed defences, also evidenced in recent games when we are chasing it in the last 5 minutes.

Unfortunately I think if you're going to work on the basis that we are losing leagues because of officials and not because of weaknesses in our squad, you're going to end up stuck in perpetual disappointment.

Couldn't have put it any better myself tbh

I mentioned this earlier but another issue is that we are up against other teams who are loaded with scum supporters. Tonight we had Brophy, O'Donnell, Power, Findlay, Burke (!). They naturally want to win for Killie but by christ they also want to stick it up us and will give 110%. We should expect this so god knows why we aren't prepared for it.
Yeah and for some reason even the blue noses want to stick it to us......burke, Naismith, broadfoot lol we better not look for favours cause we ain’t getting any

Not one person on here expected a fuukin meltdown after the break, when we did for the tramps at the piggery.

There were no complaints about selling anyone, but now we find ourselves in this position there are posts wanting to sell every player.

As well as these bottlers for players we want tae look at some of the contributors tae this forum who think that because yeez have a bet on us or predict 3-0, 4-0 and 5-0 scores, it's gonnae happen. IT'S NOT.

The first 3 games on our return fae the break showed up what was eventually turning out to the nightmare it has been. The alarm bells were out before tynecastle on here, you could see it, feel it and sense it. Bottom and still propping up this league.

All these teams we have played so far didnae have a luxury brek to Dubai. So why are they up for games and our players ain't.

Latest posts

Back