Skeletor saying SPFL season unlikely to be finished and legal advice being sought

What is their plan if they manage to cheat their way to this year's title anyway? Parade the trophy around an empty piggery?

They are an absolute joke of an organisation. I thought that exploiting Phil O’Donnell's untimely death was as low as they would go but no, they're quite happy to turn their sleekit, evil attentions to using a worldwide pandemic in the shame fashion.

13 years on it still beggars belief they pulled a stunt like that. A club like no other indeed.

To be fair I think the Hearts and Dundee United situation is probably more likely to play into this as they are the ones likely to take legal action.

This is what people are failing to grasp.

Award positions as they stand then at least two clubs, us and hearts take legal action gtd. Possibly clubs fighting for the other euro spot also.

Null and void means legal action from the tims, possibly other clubs depending on how european places are decided, sky tv, bt sport, sponsors and fans groups.

Finish the season means we avoid all this. Or it will rumble on for years and years in courtrooms and with some sets of fans feeling pissed off and threatning to walk away from the game altogether (could be us could be them) and I don't know about you but I can't be arsed with that.
They tried to choke us to death with the "sporting integrity is paramount",and "the season cannot be extended." lines
Both of these once indisputeable points are now being considered totally irrelevant, as they seek a way to do us over once again.

PS The thought of Scottish football with the Mhankies is something most of us would find very acceptable.

Imagine the spectacle of some SPFL official handing the trophy to Scott Brown, him accepting it and the players medals in some sort of ceremony in a conference room at The Piggery.

It's a scenario I can fully envisage, their shamelessness knows no bounds.

I suspect the legal advice is to ensure that we can't sue the SFA/SPFL along with Hearts.

The League Reconstruction talk that has come from nowhere shows they are looking for any way they can award Shameless FC the title.

If push comes to shove we need to sue if that means a ban from Europe for a year then so be it.

We should have went to war with these scumbags 8 years ago.

If the title is awarded to them we must fucking go for it there is nothing to lose anymore.

They tried to choke us to death with the "sporting integrity is paramount",and "the season cannot be extended." lines
Both of these once indisputeable points are now being considered totally irrelevant, as they seek a way to do us over once again.

PS The thought of Scottish football with the Mhankies is something most of us would find very acceptable.

Unpopular opinion: Without them crowds would drop, our only competition would cease to exist and we'd be horrendous in Europe. An exact mirror of what happened to them when we were in the lower leagues even though they hate admitting it. It would be fun for a few years but then interest would fade.

they’ll get awarded the League title.

NeiI Doncaster and Murdo MacIennan are paid by every club 8n the league to represent the interests of CeItic and to keep pig eyes Lawell sweet.

Null and void now appears the only way to go. Things were different when it looked like this could have only been for a few weeks. But now we know it will likely be 6 months or even more, we have to accept that the season is done.

To be honest, I don’t think we’ll see next season in any normal format either. Talk of starting football again in August is delusional.

Even when restrictions are lifted; they’ll be gradual, and mass events like football games and concerts will be the very last things to be approved.

Unless we go to closed-door football, I could see ‘normal’ football’s return delayed until August 2021.

I think, given the circumstances, we would not accept it. Why would we want a trophy we didn't win and can't celebrate?
They will want it though, because they are a bunch of dicks.
I disagree. If we were as far ahead as they were, I think you'd be hard pushed to find someone here that would say no to us becoming champions early and stopping their run.

If push comes to shove we need to sue if that means a ban from Europe for a year then so be it.

We should have went to war with these scumbags 8 years ago.

If the title is awarded to them we must fucking go for it there is nothing to lose anymore.

What outcome would you be looking for? To sue would result in hurting us more than anyone else.

The SPL has a set of rules

If there is a specific ruling then it should be implemented a

If there is no specific rule then the SPL cannot make up new rules mid season to suit a few clubs or have league restructures to pacify certain clubs like Hearts, Dun Utd and Inverness etc

This legal advice works both ways

Can't believe people are contemplating not giving Celtic the title, just pure heavy anti irishism man. poor wee souls.

Surely there is no legal recourse for the tims if it’s null and void but quite a large and sizeable challenge from us and hearts if they crown them champs and hearts go down so the safer thing for the SPFL to do is null and void it ,wipe it from the books and start again .

Celtic will not be awarded the title, however, they will be awarded the place in Europe where their current position in the league would give them.
Lawell will protest like %^*&, but secretly be delighted with that outcome. he'll make all kind of protestations to the press and his fans, who will bitch about NIAR, but the Celtic Board couldn't actually give a shite as it's all about the money and the season tickets. Hearts will stay up and Dundee United will be promoted automatically. 2nd and 3rd of the Championship will play off to be promoted.

I'd rather we played them in a 2 leg game, with a European ref, to decide the title and CL spot.

For me this is a decision for Uefa, it has to be across the board. As soon as leagues get to do their own thing then the more likely the legal cases are after!

What outcome would you be looking for? To sue would result in hurting us more than anyone else.

We need to highlight and show the corruption that if rife within Scottish Football.

The evidence is overwhelming you have a governing body which is centred around one clubs benefit and nothing else and that's before all the disgusting treatment we have received non stop post 2012.

I truly don't believe we can move forward until it's properly dealt with.

There is a growing understanding among Scottish football clubs that finishing the season is becoming increasingly unlikely due to the spread of Covid-19.

Each SPFL side has at least eight games outstanding and the governing bodies are taking legal advice about the best way to conclude the current campaign.

The English Premier League are reportedly exploring a televised, behind-closed-doors event this summer.

However, that is considered fanciful by senior figures in Scotland.

Instead, they are minded to protect next season with as little disruption as possible given new broadcast deals are due to begin.

Clarity could come following more league meetings later this week, but there is now a desire for as little delay as possible.

Individually, clubs are continuing to explore cost-cutting measures, with many already applying for the government job retention scheme.

That would see 80% of players and staff wages being covered up to a maximum of £2,500 per month, but would also leave clubs unable to issue players with training schedules and dietary plans.

The Scottish FA are continuing to look at sources of income in a bid to potentially provide members with short-term loans.

Their focus, for now, is understood to centred around safeguarding the future of clubs.
Of course this thread continues on the basis that skeletor's information is correct.
"There is a growing understanding among Scottish football clubs..........." Is this an example of "journalistic" licence ? How many Scottish football clubs are speaking to him ? One maybe ?
Of course Scottish "journalists" wouldn't make up stuff would they ?

The very fact that the EPL are coming up with ever increasingly desperate and ludicrous ideas to play all remaining games in the two highest infected areas to complete the season is surely a sign that Liverpool will not be awarded the title if the current campaign gets abandoned.
If that is the case, then there is no way the Scum can be awarded the title.

The very fact that the EPL are coming up with ever increasingly desperate and ludicrous ideas to play all remaining games in the two highest infected areas to complete the season is surely a sign that Liverpool will not be awarded the title if the current campaign gets abandoned.
If that is the case, then there is no way the Scum can be awarded the title.

Doncaster, MacLennan and McCluskey are on the SPFL board for one reason and one reason only.

Last edited:
Each SPFL side has at least eight games outstanding and the governing bodies are taking legal advice about the best way to conclude the current campaign.
FhedVjH.gif

Reactions: VGM
The legal advice will need to include how to allocate the European spots if no league is actually won.

Of course they won’t. And to be honest I don’t blame them, being honest we would all be going nuts if it was us with the big lead at the top.
Similarly we won’t take them being awarded the title lightly either. And neither will Hearts take being relegated.
The entire thing is an utter mess and will end up in court no matter what.
Finish the schedule is best!
If not possible abandon the season!

The SPFL decision on the outcome this season, will I fear, be an efficacious one. We will almost certainly not like their decision. They will be busy covering their arse legally, and in any case, anyone who thinks we would get a just hearing or a favourable outcome in a Scottish Court just hasn't been paying attention.

Null and void is the only outcome if games are not completed.

Agreed, this should be the outcome, however I think it's a certainty that Celtic will be declared champions and they will try to fudge things to allow Hearts to stay up, with one or two getting promoted from the championship.

If we don't get to finish the season and Celtic are awarded the title, then this nine-in-a-row will be forever tainted and there will be a huge asterisk against this seasons title.

Agreed, this should be the outcome, however I think it's a certainty that Celtic will be declared champions and they will try to fudge things to allow Hearts to stay up, with one or two getting promoted from the championship.
If this is the case it could be argued that this has only been done to help the few .

We need to highlight and show the corruption that if rife within Scottish Football.

The evidence is overwhelming you have a governing body which is centred around one clubs benefit and nothing else and that's before all the disgusting treatment we have received non stop post 2012.

I truly don't believe we can move forward until it's properly dealt with.

But what outcome are you wanting from a legal challenge?

It seems a pointless and expensive exercise. You're also suggesting we penalise ourselves further by sitting out of Europe, if need be. That's ridiculous.

No one cares about the title given world events. The only people seem to be a small group of tim-minded dullards. If they get awarded, let them celebrate an empty title. I certainly wouldn't want to be hindering our progress as a Club over it.

Celtic will not be awarded the title, however, they will be awarded the place in Europe where their current position in the league would give them.
Lawell will protest like %^*&, but secretly be delighted with that outcome. he'll make all kind of protestations to the press and his fans, who will bitch about NIAR, but the Celtic Board couldn't actually give a shite as it's all about the money and the season tickets. Hearts will stay up and Dundee United will be promoted automatically. 2nd and 3rd of the Championship will play off to be promoted.

when will they play off to be promoted?

If this is the case it could be argued that this has only been done to help the few .

Agreed, it will only be done to help the few, primarily Celtic and Dundee United, Hearts get helped too as this will deter any legal action from them.

It will be stitch up, dressed up as helping everyone as certainty is required, and the league can release funds if league positions are finalised, that assumes that the SPFL have any money to dish out, as Sky and BT are unlikely to pay out the remainder of what they owe considering the remaining games won't be televised.

i‘m sure it has been reported that there are not enough teams willing to vote to increase the league to 14.

They either have to make it null and void or base it on the current standings with a huge asterisk.

Either way the SPFL and going to end up getting sued by someone, they are in an impossible position.

Hurry up and let us all know if you can legally hand celtc the title then. Which is exactly what you are attempting here. You fool nobody.

There can be no legal ramifications for null and voiding. Absolutely none.
You can’t argue you’ve won a title when you clearly haven’t.

Scottish football authorities, transparent as f uck.

i‘m sure it has been reported that there are not enough teams willing to vote to increase the league to 14.

They either have to make it null and void or base it on the current standings with a huge asterisk.

Either way the SPFL and going to end up getting sued by someone, they are in an impossible position.

I hope that is the case as increasing it to 14 is just a short term fudge that no-one really wants

Season declared null and void and we win league next season 20/21

And the mentally challengeds chase up the season 19/20 legally for the next 10 years to get it declared 9 in a row like they've done with resolution 12.

Means everyone's happy we win 55 and the next generation mentally challengeds have a reason to feel like the world is an injustice against them.

Back