Skeletor saying SPFL season unlikely to be finished and legal advice being sought

The U.K. covid death rate is compounding at approx 30% per day and the footy league bosses in England actually considering playing the season out behind closed doors and endangering players, staff, refs etc lives for it

unreal

What about the majority of the population?
Do they not require to be kept happy
Obviously my comment was flippant. I'm saying the majority of the nation doesn't matter, there is only one voice in Scotland now and its pro celtc everything the media, the politicians, the spfl etc. Our whole game is leaned towards rewarding them as much as possible. Keep the population happy because most of the people in high places with a voice that are listened to are rabids and simply wouldn't let celtc not win the title.

We are getting to the point when a decision needs to be made. Clubs need to know where they are in going forward. Players contracts will need to be sorted, training plans need to be sorted. At the moment no plans can be made until a decision on this season is made. It seems to me that this season should be declared null and void. Clubs can then begin to plan for the coming season.

We better be lawyered up and working with at least one other club.

It is clear as day what the plan is, Buy off Hearts and Dundee United by making it a 14 team league, leaving 1 club with an issue of the title being decided where they will force through handing them the title.

Our board need to fight it, and fight it as hard and as dirty as is possible and as far as they can, to the point they are willing to bankrupt others.

If they don't, I will be telling them where to shove the season ticket renewal.

We better be lawyered up and working with at least one other club.

It is clear as day what the plan is, Buy off Hearts and Dundee United by making it a 14 team league, leaving 1 club with an issue of the title being decided where they will force through handing them the title.

Our board need to fight it, and fight it as hard and as dirty as is possible and as far as they can, to the point they are willing to bankrupt others.

If they don't, I will be telling them where to shove the season ticket renewal.
It's simple (in my opinion) - propose an equal split of the prize money with no winners or losers -- ie no Champions and nobody relegated. Teams in the top six would lose out financially but the bottom six would stand to gain financially and would avoid relegation and the play-offs.
This would split the vote meaning that they would not have sufficient numbers to force through anything other than an incomplete season with no final placings awarded.

It's simple (in my opinion) - propose an equal split of the prize money with no winners or losers -- ie no Champions and nobody relegated. Teams in the top six would lose out financially but the bottom six would stand to gain financially and would avoid relegation and the play-offs.
This would split the vote meaning that they would not have sufficient numbers to force through anything other than an incomplete season with no final placings awarded.

Pretty much my view.

Split all money equally, No Winners or Relegation, European places go as it stands.

The season won't start again, I expect the SFA/SPFL to wait until the very last minute though and force through Title winners - Celtic, No relegation and Top 2 in Championship goes up.

Pretty much my view.

Split all money equally, No Winners or Relegation, European places go as it stands.

The season won't start again, I expect the SFA/SPFL to wait until the very last minute though and force through Title winners - Celtic, No relegation and Top 2 in Championship goes up.
I'm not convinced that the European places actually matter as there may not be any European football next year. Leagues may resume but will cross border matches be given the go ahead - I'm not sure. Pretty sure UEFA will want them to proceed as it's all about the money for them but whether it's practical or not is a different matter.

I'm not convinced that the European places actually matter as there may not be any European football next year. Leagues may resume but will cross border matches be given the go ahead - I'm not sure. Pretty sure UEFA will want them to proceed as it's all about the money for them but whether it's practical or not is a different matter.

UEFA will not let the CL and EL revenue go if next season goes ahead, they would IMO rather just pay out this years money and call it void then start off next year with a clean slate.

Am pretty sure no club can take a civil legal action against their national association or national league. It is prohibited by Fifa/Uefa rules.
When "we" were successful against the SFA in court it was Duff and Phelps,the administrators who brought the case not the club.I know it appears to hairspliting but true none the less
SPFL is not the governing body,we can take them to court anytime.

UEFA will not let the CL and EL revenue go if next season goes ahead, they would IMO rather just pay out this years money and call it void then start off next year with a clean slate.
Sure that you're right - it is, after all, all about the money for UEFA.
Travel restrictions may, however, dictate that cross border football may not be an option. Hopefully that's not the case but unless things improve globally over the next few months then there is a real possibility that next seasons European tournaments will be affected.

We should be actively pushing this, instead of being on the back foot and having to 'defend' why the title/relegation can't be given on current standings, we should be proposing (or getting ex-players through the media to propose) this. Equal split in the money allowing money to be paid out to teams, who will be in desperate need of it, there will be enough support in the league to carry a vote for this and then let cel'ic/dundee utd argue against it.

My concern is that from a PR point of view it would be very easy for any club who puts up a fight against the majority to look horrific about kicking up a fuss with everything that's going on. So, lets be proactive and let them have to argue against why there shouldn't be an even split.

We should be actively pushing this, instead of being on the back foot and having to 'defend' why the title/relegation can't be given on current standings, we should be proposing (or getting ex-players through the media to propose) this. Equal split in the money allowing money to be paid out to teams, who will be in desperate need of it, there will be enough support in the league to carry a vote for this and then let cel'ic/dundee utd argue against it.

My concern is that from a PR point of view it would be very easy for any club who puts up a fight against the majority to look horrific about kicking up a fuss with everything that's going on. So, lets be proactive and let them have to argue against why there shouldn't be an even split.
Exactly - if we allow them to drive the narrative and then, when the decision is made to gift them a title they didn't win, make an objection and/or claim it will be portrayed as petty and insensitive given the circumstances and we will be the ones described in the media as more interested in a bauble than peoples lives - a PR disaster.
Always pays to get your retaliation in first.

The unfairest outcome of all.

If Hearts are saved from relegation on the basis that the season couldn't complete and relegation hadn't been confirmed, then how can Celtic be awarded a title when they hadn't clinched it? Utterly inconsistent.

Either Celtic are champions and Hearts go down, or the season is null and void. There is no other way.
They'll promote Dundee U and one other, no relegation and a 14 team top tier next season.

That would mean the money gets split 14 ways instead of the current 12.

Why would anyone vote for that?
It depends on how they dress it up - the mhankies would vote for it to get their tainted title and access to the CL money, the teams currently in the European spots could be convinced if it guaranteed European football, and I'm pretty sure the clubs in the relegation and play-off spots could be convinced if it meant staying up. Depending on what voting structure they would be relying on they may only have to convince another couple of teams to go along with it and they'd get the required number.
This is exactly why we need to take the lead - never underestimate how Machiavellian the lot from the East are or how low they are prepared to stoop to get their way

The EPL makes sense to finish as there’s a significance to it all, just nullify our leagues and use it as an opportunity for re-structure.

There is no significance to the EPL decision. Only greed. Because their whole rotten system is built on the shifting sands that is Murdoch's mullah.

It is corrupt.

As for this sh1thole? The authorities are terrified to deny the filth another tainted title.

You can be sure Harper and McLeod will be on hand for advice as the story unfolds.

Sure that you're right - it is, after all, all about the money for UEFA.
Travel restrictions may, however, dictate that cross border football may not be an option. Hopefully that's not the case but unless things improve globally over the next few months then there is a real possibility that next seasons European tournaments will be affected.

Our work are planning on no foreign office visits (we generally go to Czech, Poland and Germany) until the end of August at the earliest, you may be right re the cross border although wouldn't surprise me to just see a ban on travelling fans.

The reality is even if they did hand The scum paedo harbourers the title the reality is that it would just be a bigger asterisks to add to their so called 9 in a row and deep down they know it....it would put a slant on 10 in a row too if they were to get that!!!
This really allows us to have a right good noise up of them in my mind.....the chat amongst the more intelligent of that lot will undoubtedly be of concern with the taintiest title of the lot!! ;)

Aye, but in the meantime they are guaranteed millions next season we don't have access to. Therefore giving them another step up the ladder.

Plus I'd hope Dundee and Ayr and possibly even Dunfermline have an issue with it considering how tight the play off race is in the Championship
That's the problem they have - make a decision to give the bheggars and Dundee Hibs what they want and it impacts the top and bottom of all 4 divisions so simply bribing Hearts with the "no relegation" promise should be seen as unacceptable to teams in the lower leagues.
If they get their way and we complain or teams such as Dundee, Ayr and anyone else affected complain, then we are the insensitive, uncaring ones who would put football before other more important issues in the world - they will have totally turned the situation around to reflect badly on others particularly us. It's what they do - remember who the huns were in Scottish football? I do and it certainly wasn't us.

Back