Skeletor shows his true colours with a sympathetic interview with Craig Whyte

dh1963

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer

Craig Whyte: Rangers is the biggest regret of my life​

By Chris McLaughlin
BBC Scotland sports news correspondent

The former owner of Rangers, Craig Whyte, says getting involved with the Ibrox club was the biggest regret of his life.
Whyte took over Sir David Murray's majority shareholding for £1 exactly 10 years ago, while agreeing to take on millions in debt.
The business also faced the prospect of a huge tax bill.
Whyte used money projected to come from future season tickets to allow him to complete his purchase.
However, under Whyte's stewardship, the Rangers business went into administration and then liquidation in 2012.
Whyte, who is now 50, was charged and later cleared of fraud in relation to the takeover.
"I thought it was a good opportunity to make a profit," he said.
"It's hard to believe it is 10 years but I remember when I was first asked to have a look at it.
"It seemed like a good idea at the time but clearly it turned out not to be."
Loathed by Rangers fans and lauded by some supporters of other clubs, Whyte still maintains he should never have been painted as the villain.
"I don't believe I did anything wrong," he said.
"I was not responsible for the build-up of tax debt that caused HMRC to pursue Rangers.
"I was the guy who was there when it went wrong but I wasn't the person who caused the problem."
Whyte, who now does most of his business in South America, admits he could have been more open about his funding of the takeover.
The sale of the club was predicated on wiping out bank debt totalling about £18m.
He used the company Ticketus to secure a loan based on future season ticket sales - effectively buying the club with fan money.
But he decided not to make that news public.
"I should have been more open with the fans and the media," he said.
"I should have disclosed the funding method on day one - by not doing that I gave the media and the fans ammunition to throw at me."
It is an argument that is unlikely to make its way into the history books.
Whyte knows he will forever be the main villain one of the darkest chapters in the history of Rangers - something that is justified, according to journalist Stephen McGowan, from the Scottish Daily Mail.
"I think Craig Whyte will be remembered as the man who took Rangers into administration and ultimately towards liquidation," he said.
I don't think history will remember him in any way in any fond or benevolent manner.
"He may wish to paint himself as the man who had the wool pulled over his eyes, but ultimately Rangers fans will always feel that he was the one doing the pulling."
Whyte admits his brief association with football is not one he is keen to repeat.
Asked how he would look back on his time at Rangers, he used the word "nightmare".
"I think it's fair to say that the whole experience, from start to finish, from walking into Ibrox on that first day, to being acquitted at the High Court, was the most traumatic experience of my life, for sure."

You stole a huge footballing institution with no means to fund it you piece of s**t. You opportunistic parasite. There was no tax build up, or "bill". It was a fantasy, hypothetical figure as shown in the tribunal and first appeal. Regardless, it became your responsibility as you were in charge ! You failed to pay tax in order to force admin you reprobate.

Last edited:
Absolute nonsense. Always thought he was dodgy but gave him the benefit of the doubt mainly due to Jackson reporting he had wealth off the radar. I knew he was a crook when I heard that he had sold our shares in Arsenal F.C. No true Rangers man would have ever considered doing this. I wish him nothing but misfortune for the rest of his stay on this planet.

What next has to be interview with the surviving Lisbon lions surprised there hasn’t been the two page spread in the record.

Meh just regurgitating the same things we've heard a million times before. That's all the yahoos like McLaughlin have to grasp at now.

For Rangers it should be about focusing on the future with Champions league football and 56. We are miles ahead the yahoos and already strengthening for next season while they dither about waiting for some no mark ex-Bournemouth gaffer to make his mind up.

%^*& Mclaughlin, and %^*& McGowan. The mhanky bastards would like nothing better to upset Rangers fans, now that their own pain at the death of Terry Munro is so deliciously evident.
Look to the future, and don't give those sad pricks the time of day..

It should never be forgotten the role the media played in pushing CW and his so called wealth.

Scum like golum, Jackson, Jim White and Traynor.

The scum should have a statue of Whyte outside the piggery because he and Murray (even more culpable in my opinion) did more to contribute to their successes of the last decade than anyone in their own camp did. How he didn't end up in jail for what he did is beyond me.

The general tone when dealing with Craig Whyte tells you everything you need to know about sections of the media in this country. If he had done half as much to a provincial club he would be persona non grata.

Not necessarily the worst thing that happened to us in that time but I don't think I will ever get over my bitterness at this scumbag having free reign at our club to flog off a 100 years of history for a measly £230k in the Arsenal shares.

So Gollum decides to interview Craig Whyte with a non-story in the wake of his team being pumped 4-1 by Rangers and it appears on the main BBC Scotland website. Add to that some random quote from a "journalist" Stephen McGowan to get the word liquidation in.

When the BBC got banned from Ibrox, it should have had a legal clause making it permanent.

Get over it, Gollum. Your boys lost out on Terry Munro and took a beating on Sunday. Not the happy ending you envisaged.

Wow plumbing the depths by gollum and BBC Scotland. The hurt must be at power 1 billion to go ahead and interview that criminal.
Continue to hurt Tim's because we are not going away.

Working in South America I see. Hope he pisses off some drug lord and then we will see if Karma shows her face.

Rangers built up an EBT tax bill, correct Mr Whyte, but you stopped paying tax and vat as soon as you arrived meaning HMRC pursued us more vigorously. Whyte had a history of not paying tax, so his intention was to put us into admin, but he hoped the EBTs would cause admin 1st and he could blame Murray.

The sheer audacity of the man to claim that he was not the one built up tax debt that caused HRMC to push harder on us is just unbelievable and for that wee creep not to question that shows where his loyalties lie once and for all.

I’m still surprised this piece of dog shite didn’t get a few sore faces (as a minimum).

BBC Scotland will be locked outside of Ibrox next week as our players dance around with the trophy, led by the biggest name to ever grace Scottish football. No interviews with the players, the management staff or owners. Sat outside on that little piece of waste ground they've made their own. How tragic.

Hope the lady's front bottom runs foul of one of the cartels as you know all his ”business” will all be above board and legit.

Back