Skeletor shows his true colours with a sympathetic interview with Craig Whyte

"Ticketus to secure a loan based on future season ticket sales - effectively buying the club with fan money."

All but confirms Lloydstsb had biggest part to play in our nightmare! They threatened and forced DM to sell to CW and assisted CW to get that Ticketus loan! The bank are as much dirty bassas as CW!

I hate him along with other scum and Murray has a lot to answer for
Thank goodness for sons of struth our fans and David king and rest of good people came out on top

I find myself in agreement with that complete kunt. Him getting involved with Rangers is one of the worst events in my life too.

Murray was the biggest scumbag in the whole sordid episode.
Still bothers me that so many ex Rangers players and managers still refuse to call him out for what he was. A self serving ego maniac.
Murray's actions brought Whyte in to the equation.

£33m was in an escrow account. It was confirmed by Whytes lawyer from Collyer Bristow - Gary Withey. He was disqualified I think - at the very least restrictions were placed on him acting as a lawyer. It was his professional certification of available funds that paved the way for the purchase of Rangers.

CB paid £24m to the Administrators because of this deceit.

Withey died in 2019.
So the Dictionary meaning of "Escrow" is: a bond, deed, or other document kept in the custody of a third party and taking effect only when a specified condition has been fulfilled.

Was the deceit that there was never £24 Mill of Ticketus cash, ever existed?

So the Dictionary meaning of "Escrow" is: a bond, deed, or other document kept in the custody of a third party and taking effect only when a specified condition has been fulfilled.

Genuinely interested, What was the "deceit"?

"I don't believe I done anything wrong"

Hopefully there are more traumatic days ahead.
My boss meet him at a golf do at Gleneagles a couple of years ago and there were a couple of guys having a right go at him and Whyte just shrugged his shoulders and said "That's business". Scumbag.

So Gollum decides to interview Craig Whyte with a non-story in the wake of his team being pumped 4-1 by Rangers and it appears on the main BBC Scotland website. Add to that some random quote from a "journalist" Stephen McGowan to get the word liquidation in.

When the BBC got banned from Ibrox, it should have had a legal clause making it permanent.

Get over it, Gollum. Your boys lost out on Terry Munro and took a beating on Sunday. Not the happy ending you envisaged.

Two of the most bitter rheptiles! ....giving a balanced piece I’m sure!

The damage he did to us was severe, but we survived it and we’re still be here long after that cocksucker stops breaking down energies and excreting.

Rangers built up an EBT tax bill, correct Mr Whyte, but you stopped paying tax and vat as soon as you arrived meaning HMRC pursued us more vigorously. Whyte had a history of not paying tax, so his intention was to put us into admin, but he hoped the EBTs would cause admin 1st and he could blame Murray.
He instructed the accountant not to pay PAYE and NIC and to tell nobody about it, but he had already deducted PAYE and NIC contributions from employees.

How he wasn't prosecuted for tax evasion and theft, we'll never know because he evaded paying TAX and for all we know pocketed the staff contributions.

Craig Whyte: Rangers is the biggest regret of my life​

By Chris McLaughlin
BBC Scotland sports news correspondent

The former owner of Rangers, Craig Whyte, says getting involved with the Ibrox club was the biggest regret of his life.
Whyte took over Sir David Murray's majority shareholding for £1 exactly 10 years ago, while agreeing to take on millions in debt.
The business also faced the prospect of a huge tax bill.
Whyte used money projected to come from future season tickets to allow him to complete his purchase.
However, under Whyte's stewardship, the Rangers business went into administration and then liquidation in 2012.
Whyte, who is now 50, was charged and later cleared of fraud in relation to the takeover.
"I thought it was a good opportunity to make a profit," he said.
"It's hard to believe it is 10 years but I remember when I was first asked to have a look at it.
"It seemed like a good idea at the time but clearly it turned out not to be."
Loathed by Rangers fans and lauded by some supporters of other clubs, Whyte still maintains he should never have been painted as the villain.
"I don't believe I did anything wrong," he said.
"I was not responsible for the build-up of tax debt that caused HMRC to pursue Rangers.
"I was the guy who was there when it went wrong but I wasn't the person who caused the problem."
Whyte, who now does most of his business in South America, admits he could have been more open about his funding of the takeover.
The sale of the club was predicated on wiping out bank debt totalling about £18m.
He used the company Ticketus to secure a loan based on future season ticket sales - effectively buying the club with fan money.
But he decided not to make that news public.
"I should have been more open with the fans and the media," he said.
"I should have disclosed the funding method on day one - by not doing that I gave the media and the fans ammunition to throw at me."
It is an argument that is unlikely to make its way into the history books.
Whyte knows he will forever be the main villain one of the darkest chapters in the history of Rangers - something that is justified, according to journalist Stephen McGowan, from the Scottish Daily Mail.
"I think Craig Whyte will be remembered as the man who took Rangers into administration and ultimately towards liquidation," he said.
I don't think history will remember him in any way in any fond or benevolent manner.
"He may wish to paint himself as the man who had the wool pulled over his eyes, but ultimately Rangers fans will always feel that he was the one doing the pulling."
Whyte admits his brief association with football is not one he is keen to repeat.
Asked how he would look back on his time at Rangers, he used the word "nightmare".
"I think it's fair to say that the whole experience, from start to finish, from walking into Ibrox on that first day, to being acquitted at the High Court, was the most traumatic experience of my life, for sure."
"The sale of the club was predicated on wiping out bank debt totalling about £18m.
He used the company Ticketus to secure a loan based on future season ticket sales - effectively buying the club with fan money."

He used the future sales of season tickets before he even owned the future sales of season tickets which I seem to remember was illegal.

I also seem to remember Ticketus suing Whyte for the loan but never heard if they got any money back.

If alarm bells were not already ringing amongst the fans, they should have been when Ally convinced Whyte to offer Steven Whittaker a 5 year contract. We now know he had no intentions of honouring that - ""I thought it was a good opportunity to make a profit," he said." - Steven Whittaker wasn't getting any of that as it would reduce his "profit".

Will we ever find out who it was at the SFA that Alastair Johnston tipped off that Whyte was a chancer ? And skint to boot.

The sheer audacity of the man to claim that he was not the one built up tax debt that caused HRMC to push harder on us is just unbelievable and for that wee creep not to question that shows where his loyalties lie once and for all.
He then went on to appoint the dodgy administrators instead of the banks choice leading us down a slippery slope. It was all planned from the start by that shitpot

Whyte is a fantasist and sociopath of the highest order.

The whole thing was a big scam to line his pockets, yet he is portraying himself as a victim. To this day, he still continues to lie about every aspect of it.

As for Gollum and the BBC, they can f.uck right off forever. The baldy wee arrogant rat better never be allowed to step foot in Ibrox again. Interviews like this are just sticking two fingers up at our club and fans, yet again.

File this under '' Yooz died in 2012 ''

A pathetic attempt to take the mind off 55 and back to a horrific era of our history.

Chris McLaughlin thinks that having a car boot sale gives him the right to call himself a business man. Total wish.com of a journalist.

Whyte and Murray two cheeks of the same arse.
It may be 10 years but my hatred for them will never go away. Parasites.
He does have a point in relation to not creating the problem. Murray did that by himself

But by fcuk he made it worse and he was only in to make a fast buck.

Who proof read this article? Ill Phil? Tom English? The celtic blog? Why not just throw in the name of every lady's front bottom who had 'degrees' in football economics from the last 10 years.
A fraud, a googely eyed lady's front bottom of the highest order who is trying to stay relevant.
You'd think a club they all think is 'Deed' has won the title or something the way they're wheeling out this cretin

Hopefully this will be the finL straw for the club. He and the scum he works for should never be allowed to enter Ibrox again.

He instructed the accountant not to pay PAYE and NIC and to tell nobody about it, but he had already deducted PAYE and NIC contributions from employees.

How he wasn't prosecuted for tax evasion and theft, we'll never know because he evaded paying TAX and for all we know pocketed the staff contributions.
The players he took the Tax from, will have to pay it.

I still believe that Whyte was only a puppet being controlled by Rangers-hating bigots, who wanted our club finished for good. They seen their chance with Murray's finances in freefall during a global economic meltdown and went for it.
Stooge.

Certain politicians (Reid, Wilson) joined their board to steer them through the troubled waters of potential HRMC issues, and lined up dominoes awaiting the appropriate time to strike at Rangers.

The only club out of several, not allowed to settle with HMRC.

Along comes the stooge. Primed and with a plan to put Rangers in administration, allowing the rest of the dominoes to start toppling. The rest is history and we've come through, but there's no doubt that wasn't the plan.

The two politicians left the club before the shit starting hitting? Coincidence? I don't think so.

Whyte will take this to the grave. He's being well looked after.

I still believe that Whyte was only a puppet being controlled by Rangers-hating bigots, who wanted our club finished for good. They seen their chance with Murray's finances in freefall during a global economic meltdown and went for it.
Nonsense. Whyte thought he could buy us for £1, put us into admin/liquidation then buy a debt free Rangers, sell the football side of the business but retain Ibrox and Auchenhowie as a rental portfolio which would have netted him millions.
He got outsmarted by Green. If Reid etc had wanted to destroy us, they could have got some English crook to do what Whyte did where they could control him. Bheast fans wank themselves thinking Reid destroyed us and Rangers fans don't help by repeating it.

Stooge.

Certain politicians (Reid, Wilson) joined their board to steer them through the troubled waters of potential HRMC issues, and lined up dominoes awaiting the appropriate time to strike at Rangers.

Along comes the stooge. Primed and with a plan to put Rangers in administration, allowing the rest of the dominoes to start toppling. The rest is history and we've come through, but there's no doubt that wasn't the plan.

The two politicians left the club before the shit starting hitting? Coincidence? I don't think so.

There's no need for external bogeymen. David Murray got the club involved in a risky tax scheme and then fled the scene when a bill arrived. He loaded the bullets and then handed the gun to Whyte.

Murray was legally and morally responsible for the entire mess.

The mistake of the board ran by Alistair Johnston was in thinking that Murray was a man of honour who would not leave the club high and dry, one way or another. This stopped them pursuing Murray for a solution to the crisis much earlier.

Stooge.

There's no way that Whyte just randomly appeared from nowhere to take our club from David Murray. Its just beyond credulity for that to have occurred.

There's no way that Whyte just randomly appeared from nowhere to take our club from David Murray. Its just beyond credulity for that to have occurred.

Why? When you get a company into the mess David Murray created, all manner of bottom feeders appear.

Whyte's history is one of failed businesses, unpaid creditors, unpaid taxes, asset stripping. He wasn't some guy off the street. It's what he does and he saw that Murray was desperate.

I think Whyte like Green afterwards were just opportunist scumbags who seen the chance to make some quick money when the opportunity came up, I have no doubt Whyte made a bit of cash before he in turn got gazumped when Green took over and stick his nose in the trough.

Ashley was obviously another grabbing for an easy earner, but I don't think it was any greater conspiracy just a bunch of greedy c@nts trying to take advantage and get what they could.

Rangers built up an EBT tax bill, correct Mr Whyte, but you stopped paying tax and vat as soon as you arrived meaning HMRC pursued us more vigorously. Whyte had a history of not paying tax, so his intention was to put us into admin, but he hoped the EBTs would cause admin 1st and he could blame Murray.
I'm not very clued up on how con men go about doing stuff like that. Was that his plan all along just so he could basically appoint his own administrators? How would a con ma like Whyte make money from destroying companies like that? Sorry to turn this thread into business 101 btw.

Not if the payslips show that it was deducted by Whyte's organisation.
I had payslips confirming my employer at the time had deducted the Tax.

HMRCs take on it with me, a number of years ago in a similar position was, if they dont pay, the employee is ultimately responsible for payment.

Did some of our players not end up placing "assets" etc in their Wives names, because of Whytes actions?

Last edited:
I remember at the time, hearing from someone who did business with Rangers and came into contact with Whyte: "he's as wide as the Clyde" was the best of it.

The thing I'll never get my head around, is why (a) a small-time wide boy ended up being offered Rangers for £1 as if it was a distressed wee business he could quietly flip through admin; (b) who made him aware of it in the first place. Easy to speculate or offer up a conspiracy theory but it's still hard to comprehend.

Spot on....it amazes me or maybe it doesn't that reporters never seem to ask him about the fact he ran the club into the ground. He's a crook a scumbag of a human being.

I remember at the time, hearing from someone who did business with Rangers and came into contact with Whyte: "he's as wide as the Clyde" was the best of it.

The thing I'll never get my head around, is why (a) a small-time wide boy ended up being offered Rangers for £1 as if it was a distressed wee business he could quietly flip through admin; (b) who made him aware of it in the first place. Easy to speculate or offer up a conspiracy theory but it's still hard to comprehend.
Can't remember the name of the guy who tried to get involved in buying the club and tried various different approaches and who eventually allegedly ran into Whyte.

It's never popular to mention but those at the club outside of Murray fell asleep while Whyte circled the club-it didn't happen over night. In my view nobody took it serious-they probably considered it Murray trying to flush out genuine interested parties and by the time they did realise it was too late.

I had payslips confirming my employer at the time had deducted the Tax.

HMRCs take on it with me, a number of years ago in a similar position was, if they dont pay, the employee is ultimately responsible for payment.

Did some of our players not end up placing "assets" etc in their Wives names, because of Whytes actions?
".....if they dont pay, the employee is ultimately responsible for payment." How far did you take it ? You are saying that in your case the employee paid twice ?
As I understand it under the PAYE scheme, Pay As You Earn, the employee would have to pay if the employer did not deduct tax at source, if you were able to prove that the tax was deducted at source you shouldn't have to have paid twice. If the employer continued in this vain for years until "discovered" by HMRC the individual's bill could have run to 2 sets of thousands.

Back