Skol Cup Final 1986

Never realised how much of a dick Archie McPherson was as a commentator! When Durrant scores he was raging And moaning about the way the players were celebrating. When mcclair scores it was a brilliant goal

Chris Woods is different class coming for every cross ball.

He looks way superior to Goram, Klos and McGregor for them.

Never realised how much of a dick Archie McPherson was as a commentator! When Durrant scores he was raging And moaning about the way the players were celebrating. When mcclair scores it was a brilliant goal

to be fair to Archie it was a great goal, not that it counted for anything in the end :)

Watching the Timmy meltdown in full flow at the end with Davie Hay trying to take the celtic team off the park. Johnston blessing himself to wind up the bears and Peter Grant kicking anything in blue, both of them were the poster boys for your average west of Scotland mentally challenged in the 80's. Wee Mo turned out ok I suppose, scoring the last minute winner against them cancelled out the blessing himself for me only just though.

Woods, pre labyrinthitis, is the best Rangers keeper in my lifetime at commanding the penalty area.

I never saw him live, but I've seen Goram, Klos and McGregor plenty and none of them are close to him.

The scums tactics in this game were to each take a shot at assaulting Davie Cooper . It didn’t work . Remember Souness saying when he seen Coop was going to be taking the penalty he knew Rangers were winning the cup .

Watching the Timmy meltdown in full flow at the end with Davie Hay trying to take the celtic team off the park. Johnston blessing himself to wind up the bears and Peter Grant kicking anything in blue, both of them were the poster boys for your average west of Scotland mentally challenged in the 80's. Wee Mo turned out ok I suppose, scoring the last minute winner against them cancelled out the blessing himself for me only just though.
and it riles me when we have OUR players blessing themselves every week

My first ever final. Come to think off it my big brother still owes me 80p. Bet 50 p for correct score and 10p per scorer. I got score and scores all correct. How much does he owe me in inflation. Cooper scores the pen clearly see him saying %^*& yease.

My first ever final. Come to think off it my big brother still owes me 80p. Bet 50 p for correct score and 10p per scorer. I got score and scores all correct. How much does he owe me in inflation. Cooper scores the pen clearly see him saying %^*& yease.

he owes you £2.36

Seen the goals many times but first time I have seen the full game - brilliant!
Remember listening on radio, then couldn't wait to see the goals on the news!

I must have watched that on video 100 times back in the day.
Jim McLean summarising and was in no doubt it was a penalty.

Davie Syme thinking Shepherd had hit him and sending him off before changing his mind was hilarious.

The match where I really took note of how good cooper, durrant and Ferguson were. Pains me to listen to Ferguson nowadays when u know how much he loved playing for the gers.

Enjoyed that. Was just a 14 year old bear cub bouncing about in section J that day.
Not ashamed to admit got a wee bit teary watching Coop getting interviewed at the end there.

Back