Skov olsen on loan? (Possibility?)

Gerrard interview he said our business is almost done one more player for the engine room is last piece of the jigsaw
So I doubt any of these links are true but you never know lol
People read or hear these comments from the manager but still come on here with fucking mental suggestions that we need 4 more players.

Car crash stuff on here at times. As you have quoted from the manager it will be one more player in midfield then we are done and we go with what we have.

Did he struggle though? AC took him in loan, I was young at the time but mind a mate raving about him during his spell with milan

Bergkamp played for Inter, & he was a permanent signing, and yes, he did struggle in Serie A, hence the reason Arsenal were able to buy him. He also didn't score in his first half dozen games or so for Arsenal, and there was big pressure on him, media was having a right go, I remember a Stuart Pearce article in the media at the time slating him.

Then he got a double vs Southampton & the rest is history.

Last edited:
I'd be desperate for this to happen if a fee for the future transfer can be agreed, if not I would probably leave it and move on to a more long term option.

Roofe and Itten can both play in the number 10 roles, Olsen can cover either side but also gives us the option to go with two out and out wingers in games that call for it. We would finally have decent depth across the attack if he was to come in.

People read or hear these comments from the manager but still come on here with fucking mental suggestions that we need 4 more players.

Car crash stuff on here at times. As you have quoted from the manager it will be one more player in midfield then we are done and we go with what we have.
We may buy in a CM but I bet we bring in a few loans along the way. I doubt our business stops with more player being brought in

Surely we have to move on Murphy Jones or Stewart if this loan deal comes off

We do need better options as I don’t think these 3 are of the standard we need to challenge the scum

Just being a Rangers fan doesn’t cut it and we need to improve the squad

Hopefully all off them and Barker as none of them are close to good enough.

Bergkamp played for Inter, & he was a permanent signing, and yes, he did struggle in Serie A, hence the reason Arsenal were able to buy him. He also didn't score in his first half dozen games or so for Arsenal, and there was big pressure on him, media was having a right go, I remember a Stuart Pearce article in the media at the time slating him.

Then he got a double vs Southampton & the rest is history.

Was talking about laudrup

Mark Hately and Brian Laudrup were pretty poor in Italy.
Laudrup being poor in Italy is a myth. There was a 3 foreigner rule at the time, they also played and ultra defensive style of football under Capello which saw them win the title only scoring 36 goals in 34 games. He was up against Van Basten up front, Jean Pierre Papin and Desailly and foreigners at AC Milan. He played in 7 CL matches which saw AC win the CL although he did not play in the final. At Fiorentina they got relegated after a change of manager. The myth he was poor is something Tims peddle. I’m not calling you a Tim by the way, it’s not a dig.

I've never see Skov Olsen so can't really comment of whether he's any good or not. However, he's been a FollowFollow 'favourite' for a long time now. Not that that's any indication of him being any good judging by some of the shite you read on here about various players.

Right now I don't see us looking to recruit in that area. Central midfield is Gerrard's target and then, I think, we will be done.

I've never see Skov Olsen so can't really comment of whether he's any good or not. However, he's been a FollowFollow 'favourite' for a long time now. Not that that's any indication of him being any good judging by some of the shite you read on here about various players.

Right now I don't see us looking to recruit in that area. Central midfield is Gerrard's target and then, I think, we will be done.

Didn't the management team and Mark Allen travel over to Denmark to talk to a player the rumour was it was Skov Olsen this before the move to Bologna so that's why this one keeps popping up.

He looks a very interesting player and I think we could do with another player to complement Kent and Hagi in that area.

Would you rather Skov Olsen or Barker/Jones/Stewart etc as go to option it's a no brainer i know the midfield is the priority but for a loan to buy we should be all over it.

Laudrup was bundled out of Florence in the boot of a car.

The point is, just because someone struggles in Italy doesn't make them a bad player.
Was he not decent at Milan though? I can't remember as was a boy, but mind an older kid who loved AC thought he was excellent, was a Celtic fan and must have been gutted when he ended up at us. I agree with your point though, don't understand writing players off because they have had one bad spell, especially in a better league than ours

Was he not decent at Milan though? I can't remember as was a boy, but mind an older kid who loved AC thought he was excellent, was a Celtic fan and must have been gutted when he ended up at us. I agree with your point though, don't understand writing players off because they have had one bad spell, especially in a better league than ours
See my post #115

Laudrup being poor in Italy is a myth. There was a 3 foreigner rule at the time, they also played and ultra defensive style of football under Capello which saw them win the title only scoring 36 goals in 34 games. He was up against Van Basten up front, Jean Pierre Papin and Desailly and foreigners at AC Milan. He played in 7 CL matches which saw AC win the CL although he did not play in the final. At Fiorentina they got relegated after a change of manager. The myth he was poor is something Tims peddle. I’m not calling you a Tim by the way, it’s not a dig.
That's a mental stat, winning the league with 36 goals,with world class strikers as well

I don’t think it’s beyond the realms of possibility that we will get loan players in. We do every year and this will be no different. They will probably be bang average but they will come

Is there any actual news or development on the OP? Or is this just going to continue with pages and pages of wether or not Laudrup and Bergkamp were shĂŻte in Italy?

I think he'd be better suited to our league and I've always thought that Scandinavia is where we should be targeting who generally have a strong mentality and we haven't done too bad with the Danes before.

Hope we get him. We have no credible backup in the Kent position. Skov is more of a goal threat than Kent also. Should push him on. Looks a good fit for an interchangeable front 3 and Roofe also likes to move.

This is the level we need, not Barker and Murphy

I’ve nothing against Olsen but I’d feel a lot happier if the gaffer focused on bringing in an attack minded midfielder.

I’ve nothing against Olsen but I’d feel a lot happier if the gaffer focused on bringing in an attack minded midfielder.

Agreed we need a box to box midfielder with drive and pace as well as a keen eye for a goal. However we can do both (sign a winger & attacking midfielder), in fact I will be disappointed if we don't.

Look's a good player, he plays right back but seem's to be a natural left footed player.And it dosen't seem to hinder his style of play.
He has never played right back in his life. Vast majority right wing, occasionally through the middle.

We done decent attacking today, but having a guy like Skov Olsen coming on along with Itten, Roofe and Defoe will take us up a notch IMO. Having a proper forward thinking midfielder instead of Kamara too will completely change us.

Sounds like my wife this morning in bed....

I just shouted upstairs to her.
Do you want breakfast? bacon?, Sausage?, Fried Egg?, Mushrooms?, Tomato's?, Black pudding?, Toast?, tea?

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

About the only thing the cow says yes to these days!
That's a weird thing to call Skov Olsen lol

Back