Skov olsen on loan? (Possibility?)

Sanchez recently another example

I think it's genuinely stupid when people say he didn't do well at club x and therefore won't do well at club y. Especially when it's players being linked with us who haven't done that well in a league that's ridiculously harder or better than ours is like Skov Olsen here. Kenny Miller was genuinely one of our best players in that second spell at the club and look at how that compared to his first spell here or what you thought you were getting based on his short-term spell at Celtic.

Watched him twice for Bologna. Was awful.

2055-large@2x.jpg

Keep watching then. . . :cool:

I mean... I would take him. If we wernt breaking the nak and could shift out Jones, Middleton, Murphy and/or possibly Barker.

The resale value on skov would be much bigger as his ceiling is far higher.

I get there's a transfer thread but I'm also glad people take it upon themselves to post individual stories sometimes. Personally I don't go onto something like a transfer thread too often as you end up wading through pages and pages of utter shite and folk arguing.
And usually arguing about things like how fat, and lazy, shite and what a bad attitude a player that's been with us 3 years does or doesn't have.
I hate seeing 4 or 5 different stories about Celtic on the board on a given day, and to find news on who Rangers may or may not be signing you need to troll through a generic thread with 600 pages of nonsense to see there is nothing new in it.

I get there's a transfer thread but I'm also glad people take it upon themselves to post individual stories sometimes. Personally I don't go onto something like a transfer thread too often as you end up wading through pages and pages of utter shite and folk arguing.

Absolutely. Surely we can justify an individual thread on signing rumours.

It's an exciting time to be a Rangers fan and there's no harm putting threads up for folk that don't have the time to trawl the transfer thread (I do).

Any loans we have had from young players never really works for us. You never know this could be different

Were more in need of a CM
Need both tbh, we majorly lacked goals from wide areas last season. Hopefully Hagi and Kent kick on and get 15+ each but should one of them get injured I wouldn't trust the current backups to achieve anything close to that.

Maybe worth a go on a loan with an option to buy.

That scouting report said he is very lazy without the ball, no pressing or tracking back and just waits up the park for the ball to be given to him. I can't see Gerrard going for that.

He is a genuine star in the making and I can see him going on to play at the very top.
If we are getting him , even on loan, he would offer much more than what we have just now .

I watched him a few times after he was linked with us and didn’t see anything special, certainly not up to the hype on here, but it’s an entirely different level in Serie A of course.

Maybe worth a go on a loan with an option to buy.

That scouting report said he is very lazy without the ball, no pressing or tracking back and just waits up the park for the ball to be given to him. I can't see Gerrard going for that.

Depends what he does with the ball when he gets it though right? If he were the finished article he would never be on our radar too. The reality is in 95% of games he won't be required to track back anyway which ain't the point I know but it's a fact. If there's any foundation in this one Gerrard and his coaching staff would be confident they will be able to instill the work ethic in him at the age he's at.

Gerrard interview he said our business is almost done one more player for the engine room is last piece of the jigsaw
So I doubt any of these links are true but you never know lol

He says stuff like that all the time , Likes to keep transfers close to his chest .

We badly need another wide option as after Hagi who’s not a wide player, Roofe and Kent the rest don’t cut it for me .

Surely we have to move on Murphy Jones or Stewart if this loan deal comes off

We do need better options as I don’t think these 3 are of the standard we need to challenge the scum

Just being a Rangers fan doesn’t cut it and we need to improve the squad

A loan with a possibility to buy would be great

This. The boy has talent and it hasn't worked out for him at Bologna. These are the kind of players we should be looking at getting and a loan to buy option means we can't be held to ransom if he has a good season. Feel we could do with another wide option as Jones, Barker etc aren't good enough. Doubts over Stewart's place in the squad as well.

Mark Hately and Brian Laudrup were pretty poor in Italy.
I want to be clear, I don’t think we shouldn’t sign this guy. I only took notice of him because of what I’d read on here. Totally agree he could be great, all I was saying was that he’d had a tough time in Italy (which is obviously why Bologna are letting him go on loan)

He is a genuine star in the making and I can see him going on to play at the very top.
If we are getting him , even on loan, he would offer much more than what we have just now .

I watched him a few times after he was linked with us and didn’t see anything special, certainly not up to the hype on here, but it’s an entirely different level in Serie A of course.

This is why I love this place.

I want to be clear, I don’t think we shouldn’t sign this guy. I only took notice of him because of what I’d read on here. Totally agree he could be great, all I was saying was that he’d had a tough time in Italy (which is obviously why Bologna are letting him go on loan)
I wouldn’t say that’s why Bologna are letting him go, maybe he doesn’t suit the coaches style, maybe he is home sick, maybe he is demanding first team football.
Many reasons for a player wanting to be loaned out

Never saw the boy but have read a lot about him having great potential and sounds very similar situation to Hagi so could be a gamble but so is every transfer but I like the idea of taking chances with young players with the potential and the reward IF we can get them playing and improve them could be massive both on the pitch and for future transfers there are thousands of examples of players not settling well in other countries at you g ages but then finding the right club environment and going on the be stars

This is our market ATM. The boy obviously has talent or he wouldn’t have made the jump to Italy. Who knows the reasons it hasn’t worked out. If our staff think they can get a tune out of him and then they do...win, win. He’s young, good sell on value etc. At the same time, no club has a 100% transfer success rate and for every Alfredo there could well be a Herrera.

Analysis of him here

Interesting, thanks for posting.

I think we need to have options to break teams down rather than relying on a shape with 2 no 10s. Having a good option on the right of a front three can’t be a bad thing. Despite his defensive weakness and a poor season in Italy he is better that the options we currently have there plus a 6ft2 ticks the “athlete / unit” box.

If we could get a loan to buy (at a fair discount on the reported €5m he signed for) then it would be good business particularly if we can get a reasonable fee for Jones.

Interesting, thanks for posting.

I think we need to have options to break teams down rather than relying on a shape with 2 no 10s. Having a good option on the right of a front three can’t be a bad thing. Despite his defensive weakness and a poor season in Italy he is better that the options we currently have there plus a 6ft2 ticks the “athlete / unit” box.

If we could get a loan to buy (at a fair discount on the reported €5m he signed for) then it would be good business particularly if we can get a reasonable fee for Jones.
This is exactly deal we should be looking at, gives us even more options that changing the starting 11 does not weaken us. Hopefully we're all over this.

And if Laudrup never flopped at Fiorentina then we wouldn't have got him.

There are literally hundreds of examples of players flopping in Serie A.

From what I remember, Laudrup had more defensive duties with Fiorentina. I don't think he had the free role he had with us. Still, he had flashes of skill during games that showed his class.

Back