Skov Olsen

I think we have missed a major trick by not stretching the budget for Skov Olsen as he went to club brugge for 7million euros. At 6ft 2 winger would have been great reminiscent of Laudrup. Stats for brugge so far 15 games 6 goals and 8 assists in a league prob on par with SPL.
15 games doesnt seem much game time - was he injured for part of the season?

Great stats from 15 games though and I do agree that we should have bought him.

Joey Veerman has had 7 goals and 8 assists since January in centre mid for PSV.

Of course we don't know if either were ever viable options.

The guy from the team with two names who plays wide right is good Solbaken I think he's called.

Anyone signed him?

Joey Veerman has had 7 goals and 8 assists since January in centre mid for PSV.

Of course we don't know if either were ever viable options.

In some ways we were proven right when it came to Veerman - they wanted £8m in the summer, which we didn't feel he was worth. They sold for around £5m in January. We were right not to pay the initial demand.

Once PSV came calling he wasn't going anywhere else.

Great stats in a far superior league than the spl

Might want to tell UEFA. Scotland ranked 9th, Belgium 13th.

Being honest, the Belgian league is pretty shite. No good sides, more average sides, and just as many shite sides.

Might want to tell UEFA. Scotland ranked 9th, Belgium 13th.

Being honest, the Belgian league is pretty shite. No good sides, more average sides, and just as many shite sides.

I think on average their league would beat ours if you had some sort of tournament - 1st v 1st, 2nd v 2nd etc.

However, for the money they get in TV deals etc, they aren't as strong as they should be, I definitely agree there.

Skov Olsen £6.3mil
Veerman £5.4mil

Just priced out of the market at the time. Some team we'd have if we had the money! At least we know we're looking in the right places and at the right quality I guess.

This in spades mate it's the one thing that keeps me fairly positive for the rebuild. We've clearly wanted these two quality players and didn't find the cash at the time so at least Wilson knows a player.

Him and Veerman would’ve took us to the level of really challenging for CL when possible IMO.

But the fact that we were interested in the first place should leave us confident we will sign good players when possible!

I think on average their league would beat ours if you had some sort of tournament - 1st v 1st, 2nd v 2nd etc.

However, for the money they get in TV deals etc, they aren't as strong as they should be, I definitely agree there.
Overall, they probably would - but only because they’ve got a few more ‘middle’ level sides. Nobody there is particularly good though. Pretty confident we would destroy Union Saint-Gilloise if we drew them.

We clearly didn't have the money to spend in January when he was available. Not so much missing a trick as the right player at the wrong time.
There are people who are simply incapable or unwilling to accept this.

The idea that we could just rustle up £6-7m for one player is utterly delusional, especially when the players we did add consisted of some guy we’d never heard of from the MSL, a teenage loan from Man U and an over-the-hill crock.

There are people who are simply incapable or unwilling to accept this.

The idea that we could just rustle up £6-7m for one player is utterly delusional, especially when the players we did add consisted of some guy we’d never heard of from the MSL, a teenage loan from Man U and an over-the-hill crock.

You'd think after everything we've been through, and watching us lose over £20m a season or so for a few years, our fans would be most able to understand why even when some money came in we couldn't and wouldn't go spend big, and yet here we are!

Hopefully things are more on an even keel now and we can start to spend on the back of big sales.

Anybody actually considered that he may have wanted to play in belgium.

You can't be saying things like that.

Despite all the recent achievements and clear signs of improvement at the club, Ross Wilson and our board are a shambles and have cost us millions. Teams who get to Europa League finals on our budget clearly aren't being run well.

Gotta get with the program and all that.

Slow as %^*& according to some on here who had never seen him kick a ball.

I see he’s taken his Denmark form to Belgium.

Cracking player. We ended up with Ramsey and Diallo.

You can't be saying things like that.

Despite all the recent achievements and clear signs of improvement at the club, Ross Wilson and our board are a shambles and have cost us millions. Teams who get to Europa League finals on our budget clearly aren't being run well.

Gotta get with the program and all that.
My humble apologies mate. I agree, getting to a euro final along with teams from countries like, England, Germany, Italy, Spain and the Netherlands is a clear sign of going nowhere.

Back